DARRELX

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Romans  11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

What does Paul mean by all Israel shall be saved?

Or rather what does Paul mean by Israel?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

The context is clear: he is speaking of the soul/blood-lineage of Israel.

The Church is a lineage of spirit, which is a higher level ecclesia than the Israelite soul-lineage. The Spirit of Christ encompasses the soul-lines of the faithful of all nations, not just Israel.

After the faithful of the spirit-lineage ascend in the Rapture, those that remain of God's people on earth will be of the soul-line only. At that time they "will look on Me whom they pierced" (Zech. 12:10, Rev. 1:7), and be converted to faith in Yeshua as their Messiah. Their leaders will be the 144,000.

The name Israel implies people of tested faith in the God of Abraham, because Jacob only received his name Israel from God after he had contested with Him in faith. So "all Israel" means those of that bloodline who will "keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus." Rev. 12:17 Anyone who lacks such faith and obedience, living among those of the bloodline, will not be accounted among "all Israel."

Ezek. 20:33 “As I live,” says the Lord GOD, “surely with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out, I will rule over you. 34 I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out. 35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will plead My case with you face to face. 36 Just as I pleaded My case with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will plead My case with you,” says the Lord GOD. 37 “I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; 38 I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, DARRELX said:

Romans  11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

Zech 13:8,9 - In the whole land, declares the LORD, two thirds will be struck down and perish; yet one third I will bring into the fire, I will refine them like silver and test them like gold.  They will call on my name and I will answer them;  I will say 'They are my people,' and they will say ' The LORD is our God".

Dan 9:27 - 70 Sevens are decreed for your people and your holy city....

Zech 8:6 - This is what the LORD Almighty says; ' It may seem marvelous to the remnant of this people at that time, but will it seem marvelous to me? Declares the LORD Almighty.

Zech 8:7,8 - This is what the LORD Almighty says, 'I will save my people from the countries of the east and the west.  I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God.'

Read Zechariah, It reveals much of what will happen with Israel.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, DARRELX said:

The name "Israel" is used 71 times in the New Testament.  In every case, it refers to the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  The  word "saved" in Rom. 11:26 is not talking about salvation from sin, but of the deliverance of Israel.   It is referencing the second coming of Jesus.   We as Christians often see the word "saved"  in one dimensional terms. But salvation in the Bible has five different uses (Deliverance, restoration, preservation and security and healing).

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

9 hours ago, DARRELX said:

He is referring to the Second Coming of Christ, when He will gather all the Jews from around the world and bring them to salvation (as well as deliverance from their enemies).

9 hours ago, DARRELX said:

Here it refers to the 12 tribes of Israel descended from Jacob, and the same verse confirms it.

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

It seems as if many believe all the blood line Jews will be saved? have they no choice in the matter? if not thats  getting into predestination & thats no free will.  

The Bible old & new testaments are Christ centred. Not Israel centred. We are all adopted, only Jews will be saved not those of the flesh but of the spirit.

God has only ever made covenants with the Jews, which we are spiritual Jews or we are not saved.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

33 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

have they no choice in the matter?

You really believe people would chose Hell over salvation?

If the Bible says that "all Israel shall be saved" then just believe it.  This applies to the Second Coming of Christ.  At the present God does not see Jew or Gentile.  He see sinners and saints.

BTW as to the rest of your post, it would be best for you to study the prophecies pertaining to redeemed and restored Israel in view of the Abrahamic Covenant.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Riccardo said:

It seems as if many believe all the blood line Jews will be saved? have they no choice in the matter? if not thats  getting into predestination & thats no free will.  

The Bible old & new testaments are Christ centred. Not Israel centred. We are all adopted, only Jews will be saved not those of the flesh but of the spirit.

God has only ever made covenants with the Jews, which we are spiritual Jews or we are not saved.

There is no such thing as a "spiritual Israel."  That is not biblical at all.   Israel and the Church are radically separate in the NT.   "Israel" is used 71 times in the NT and in every case it only ever refers to the physical descendants of Jacob, never the Church.  "Spiritual Israel"  is a myth.

"All Israel"  doesn't mean every single person.  It is simply stating that Israel, as a whole, as a nation/people will one day be delivered.  

Christians have a one dimensional idea about how salvation is used in the Bible.   We tend to think that the only context in which that word appears is spiritual salvation from sin through the finished work of the cross.  That is only one way the Bible uses the term.    In Romans 11 Paul has in mind the full and final deliverance of Israel/Jacob and the final expected restoration of Israel as promised by the prophets. Paul draws on that by quoting one of the OT prophets relative to the physical and spiritual restoration of Israel, which will culminate in the millennial Kingdom Jesus will establish.

I find your comments very patronising, as if we all must think as you, i'm just flabbergasted by your comments. How you come up with me saying,  I believe people would chose hell over heaven is beyond me & I didn't say all Israel won't be saved .You show lack of understanding of my comments & have twisted everything I said.  best I leave it at that.

God Bless

Edited by Riccardo

Read my comment again Shiloh357 

I said spiritual Jew, read Romans 2:28