IGNORED

Genesis Daylight before celestial objects.

Just a Mirror

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

2 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

Young earth advocates counter that traditionally, church fathers have always held that sunrise and sunsets do not constitute a day....
and they accepted the sun creation on Day Four....

Thus, the only evidence we have to accurately assess the age of creation is the creation itself....
Since the rocks and stars say we are billions of years old, that must be the truth....

This fits perfectly with a literal interpretation of Genesis, and an inerrant Bible....
and does not impact any other Biblical doctrines....

:sherlock:

Beloved, Every Saturday From The First Sabbath

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. Genesis 2:1-3 (New International Version)

I Celebrate The Six Days Of Creation

“Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest dedicated to the Lord your God. On that day no one in your household may do any work. This includes you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, your livestock, and any foreigners living among you. For in six days the Lord made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy. Exodus 20:8-11 (New Living Translation)

Unless Of Course, Saturdays

Every Sabbath day he shall set it in order before the LORD continually. It is on the behalf of the children of Israel an everlasting covenant. Leviticus 24:8 (New Heart English Bible)

Are Much Longer

For thus says the Lord: “To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths,
who choose the things that please me
and hold fast my covenant,

I will give in my house and within my walls a monument and a name better than sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
that shall not be cut off.
  Isaiah 56:4-5 (English Standard Version)

In Hebrew

“If you keep your feet from trampling the Sabbath, from pursuing your own interests on my holy day,
if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD’s holy day honorable;

and if you honor it by not going your own ways and seeking your own pleasure or speaking merely idle words,
then you will take delight in the LORD, and he will make you ride upon the heights of the earth;
and he will make you feast on the inheritance of your ancestor Jacob, your father.

“Yes! The mouth of the LORD has spoken.” Isaiah 58:13 (International Standard Version)

~

Be

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

Blessed

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11 (King James Bible)

Beloved Of The

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

KING

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

Evening and Morning also mean Beginning and Ending. I borrowed this.......Furthermore, note that sunset and sunrise can occur at vastly different times of the day depending on the country and the season. For example, for about a month during summer, Gällivare, in Lapland (northern Sweden) which is inside the Arctic Circle, experiences sunlight 24 hours a day. Lapland is known as the land of the ‘midnight sun’. Conversely, for about a month during winter, Gällivare experiences perpetual darkness.4 Sunset and sunrise never occur during these periods, so ‘evening’ and ‘morning’ in this sense never occur! But the absence of sunlight or the absence of darkness, however, does not mean that there is no concept of evening or morning (or day-time and night-time). Rather than referring to sunset and sunrise, ‘evening’ and ‘morning’ serve as simple time markers for the beginning and ending of God’s activity as described above.

In any case, the occurrence of evenings and mornings before the creation of the Sun on Day 4 provides no reason to doubt the truth of Scripture in general and the Creation account in particular.

An Evening is the END of an Era or Period of time, and Morning is the Beginning of a New Era or period of time. Have you not wondered why the Evening comes first ? Quantum Fluctuations (God) set forth Inflation, and you had an after glow for 380,000 years, then you had DARKNESS (On the Face of the Deep) for 400 Million years (Evening came First) then came the Stars being Created at the 400 Million year mark (Morning/LIGHT/STARS/Warmth) 

God Rested from Creation, that means he was finished creating, it doesn't mean God needed a 24 hour break, or ever a Rest, it means Creation was over, and God STOPPED His Creating, even though Stars are still being created, and have never stopped, How can this be ? Because God gave the order in Verse one for the Heaven and Earth to be created, but the Earth came not around until the 4.5 Billion year mark. HE ORDERED IT, it does not change His command, after the Sun and Earth came to be created, God set about dividing the Waters from the Heavens (Moisture) with the water from the Earth. Then he set about creating vegetation, then he set the Seasons, then he created the Sea Animals, then he created the Land animals, then Man was created at the 6000 BC mark, and God Rested. And even though stars are still being formed, God gave that order 13.7 Billion years ago. God has CEASED His Creation, thus the 7th Day is still in effect until Jesus Returns. 

That is why they wrote the word YOM, as God commanded, you have given ear to the English Translation, where they mistranslated the word. 

Sorry, there are 8,700 Hebrew words used in the Old Testament, and the Old Hebrew had like 4000 words, compared to over 400, 000 words in the English language. (I will post a article I read on this very subject of Yom while I was doing my in-depth studies. I think you guys will appreciate its depth. Olam has different meanings also, forever, everlasting etc. so would the English Translation have messed those up to ? And said each day was everlasting ? The problem is not with the word YOM but with the TRANSLATION. God no doubt used YOM, because it references BEING HOT/WARMTH, and the Stars and Sun (which is a Star) bring heat and Warmth, so God is measuring periods of WARMTH or periods of Dark and Light in accordance with that which he is speaking about, and the periods of time between these events. YOM means HOT/Heat and Period of Time, so God chose YOM, instead of Olam. I think the Jews say the First 5 Book were written by God, by direct order so to speak.

Word study of YOM Below............

You're focused on word meaning.  I am focused on word usage, which always trumps word meaning.  Word usage speaks to context and context is king.   Yom in Genesis 1, as it is used there refers to 24 hour days.  It can mean something different in different contexts, but in Genesis 1 the usage demands that we understand it as referring to creation occurring in six 24 hour days.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You're focused on word meaning.  I am focused on word usage, which always trumps word meaning.  Word usage speaks to context and context is king.   Yom in Genesis 1, as it is used there refers to 24 hour days.  It can mean something different in different contexts, but in Genesis 1 the usage demands that we understand it as referring to creation occurring in six 24 hour days.

The post I posted about the word YOM says it means FOUR different things in Genesis one.

Yom in the Creation Account

Even within the creation account, Yom is used to represent four different time periods. 

1. Genesis 1:5  "And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night."  Here, Moses uses Yom to indicate a 12-hour period
  2. Genesis 1:14  "And God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years."  Here, Moses uses Yom to indicate 24-hour days
  3. Genesis 2:4  "...in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens."  Here, Moses uses Yom to indicate the entire creative week.

The fourth usage of Yom in the creation account is in the summary for each of the six creation days, "and there was morning and evening the first day". Yom is used to represent a finite, long period of time, usually either millions or billions of years.  To show support for this, consider the uses of Yom by Moses. 

Go Read the Word Study of YOM.

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

The post I posted about the word YOM says it means FOUR different things in Genesis one.

Yom in the Creation Account

Even within the creation account, Yom is used to represent four different time periods. 

1. Genesis 1:5  "And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night."  Here, Moses uses Yom to indicate a 12-hour period
  2. Genesis 1:14  "And God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years."  Here, Moses uses Yom to indicate 24-hour days
  3. Genesis 2:4  "...in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens."  Here, Moses uses Yom to indicate the entire creative week.

The fourth usage of Yom in the creation account is in the summary for each of the six creation days, "and there was morning and evening the first day". Yom is used to represent a finite, long period of time, usually either millions or billions of years.  To show support for this, consider the uses of Yom by Moses. 

Go Read the Word Study of YOM.

Yes, but we are talking about "Day 1, Day 2, etc.   When paired with an ordinal number in Gen. 1, it is understood to be an ordinary day AND that is only reinforced by the modifiers of evening to morning.    And no, they don't mean, "beginning and end"  in that context.    If God wanted to say "beginning and end"  it was possible to say that in the Hebrew of that day, along with using "olam" to mean "long periods of time."   God chose to be very precise in communicating the days of creation.   There is no need for you to muddy the water about what words mean or how they are used.

Guest Teditis

I read your word study of "Yom"... it was very good.

Still, with all of that it still appears to me that the context of ..."And the evening and morning were the first day." (etc.)

clearly hold the meaning of the word yom to mean a 24-hour period.

Edited by Teditis
typo

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

12 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

The post I posted about the word YOM....
says it means FOUR different things in Genesis one....

:emot-heartbeat:

So Now Six Days Somehow Means Billions

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. Genesis 2:1-2

And Millions Of

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11

Years

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. Ecclesiastes 3:11

~

PS: Beloved, The Only Time You'll Ever See Evolution

For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. Matthew 24:24 (New International Version)

Upon The Face Of God's Earth

Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection. Do not add to his words, or he may rebuke you and expose you as a liar. Proverbs 30:5-6 (New Living Translation)

Is In Cartoons

So now, tell the people of Judah and the citizens of Jerusalem this: The Lord says, ‘I am preparing to bring disaster on you! I am making plans to punish you. So, every one of you, stop the evil things you have been doing. Correct the way you have been living and do what is right.’ But they just keep saying, ‘We do not care what you say! We will do whatever we want to do! We will continue to behave wickedly and stubbornly!’” Jeremiah 18:11-12 (NET Bible)

:emot-heartbeat:

Guest Thallasa
On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 7:37 PM, Just a Mirror said:

Believing in godless NAZIs, aka NASA, is something I will never do.

I have a rule, I never believe anything the government tells me, EVER.

You would be wise to consider the same.

I agree ,I had warning bells going off telling me that this post is not 'true '.

Edited by Thallasa

Guest Thallasa
On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 0:33 AM, Riverwalker said:

Jesus said that God created man at the beginning

Mark 10:6   But from the beginning of creation, 'God made them male and female.'

I used to play gymnastics with time, but I have come to the conclusion that God did everything exactly like He said He did.

He made light before the sun, birds before land animals and man from the the dust of the ground and woman from man.

In the end I had to accept the word of God as the word of God....and the word of man (evolution) as just wrong...when it opposes the Word of God.

It is my OPINION (opinion because it is not stated in the bible)  that as God made Adam and Eve Mature, and all the Animals mature. He also made the universe and the Earth mature and ready for life.   a 4.5 billion year old earth created 6000 years ago. With all the history and fossils in tact. 

This life is a test, and it tests us in many ways.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and LEAN NOT unto your own understanding : Proverbs 3:5

God said He did it they way He did it, Jesus concurs that Adam and Eve were in the beginning with God. who am I to question that, and who is man to say He is wrong

I do not believe Creation is only 6000 years old ,and when Mark says God made them from the beginning ,male and female ,the creation was being   tainted again by the sins of sodom . So as the N. T., is a new beginning, the evangelist was emphasising, how God made us ,as male and female .

We can see in later cultures, as they degenerate ,from Sodom ,to Greece ,to Mayan ,to war time Germany etc. that the 'death of the soul ' of humanity as it descends,  does so in this way .

Edited by Thallasa

Guest Thallasa
On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:30 AM, WebersHome said:

-

Gen 1:3 . . Then God said "Let there be light" and there was light.

The creation of light was a very, very intricate process. First God had to create particulate matter, and along with those particles their specific properties, including mass. Then He had to invent the laws of nature to govern how matter behaves in combination with and/or in the presence of, other kinds of matter in order to generate electromagnetic radiation.

NOTE: Light's properties are a bit curious. It exists as waves in a variety of lengths and frequencies, and also as theoretical particles called photons. And though light has no mass; it's influenced by gravity. Light is also quite invisible. For example: you can see the Sun when you look at it, and you can see the Moon when sunlight reflects from its surface. But none of the Sun's light is visible in the void between them and that's because light isn't matter; it's energy.

The same laws that make it possible for matter to generate electromagnetic radiation also make other conditions possible too; e.g. fire, wind, water, ice, soil, rain, life, centrifugal force, thermodynamics, fusion, dark energy, gravity, atoms, organic molecules, magnetism, color, radiation, refraction, reflection, high energy X-rays and gamma rays, temperature, pressure, force, inertia, sound, friction, and electricity; et al. So the creation of light was a pretty big deal; yet Genesis scarcely gives its origin passing mention.

2Cor 4:6 verifies that light wasn't introduced into the cosmos from outside in order to dispel the darkness and brighten things up a bit; but rather, it radiated out of the cosmos from inside-- from itself --indicating that the cosmos was created to be self-illuminating by means of the various interactions of the matter that God made for it; including, but not limited to, the Higgs Boson.

BTW: You know it's curious to me that most people have no trouble readily conceding that everything else in the first chapter of Genesis is natural, e.g. the cosmos, the earth, water, sky, dry land, the Sun, the Moon, the stars, aqua life, winged life, terra life, flora life, and human life.

But when it comes to light they choke; finding it impossible within themselves to believe that Genesis just might be consistent in its description of the creative process. I mean, if all those other things are natural, why wouldn't light be natural too? In point of fact, without natural light, planet Earth would become a cold dead world right quick.

NOTE: The interesting thing about the laws of nature is that they're not absolute laws. No; they are created laws-- created as a companion to the created cosmos to regulate how the cosmos, with all of its forms of life, matter, and energy, behaves. Seeing as how God designed and created those laws, then He knows the secrets to manipulating them in order to make things in our world behave quite contrary to common sense.

Take for example the floating axe head in 2Kgs 6:5-6. Solid chunks of iron don't float. That's unnatural. Another example is the fire-proof bush of Ex 3:2. A bush that's impervious to fire is unnatural. It should have flared up and Moses knew it too but it didn't because God can easily modify the behavior of everything He ever created.

Gen 1:4a . . And God saw the light, that it was good

God declared that light is good; but He didn't declare that darkness is good. In point of fact, darkness typically represents bad things in the Bible; while light typically represents good things. It's been an axiom from the very beginning.

/

All very interesting .:D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, but we are talking about "Day 1, Day 2, etc.   When paired with an ordinal number in Gen. 1, it is understood to be an ordinary day AND that is only reinforced by the modifiers of evening to morning.    And no, they don't mean, "beginning and end"  in that context.    If God wanted to say "beginning and end"  it was possible to say that in the Hebrew of that day, along with using "olam" to mean "long periods of time."   God chose to be very precise in communicating the days of creation.   There is no need for you to muddy the water about what words mean or how they are used.

That ORDINAL stuff was expose by the piece I posted, he said the Hebrew Scholars o not agree with that bunk. You post above cited it being a 24 Hour period, how ? You guys believe the Sun was created on the Fourth Day , so why would you think God was using a 24 Hour Earth Day ?  Evening and Morning means beginning and ending of anything, but God was speaking about periods of Creation. This is beyond incomprehensible that people actually believe the Universe is 6000 years old. SMH. God chose the word that best fit, He created the Heat/Warmth with the Stars and a long period of time. Jesus said he spoke in parables to keep the understanding away from those it was not intended for. God confused our languages at Babel to keep us from gaining Knowledge too fast. God has bound up prophecies until the end of time (See Daniel) so what make you think God was really worried about Man-Kind understanding the Creation in full, to which only he saw 99.9 percent of ? I do not think God really wanted/cared if man understood how. only why, and only BELIEVE IN ME TO BE GOD. But now, being in the LAST DAYS,with Satellites, ways to Map the Universe etc. etc., we have the ability to understand the Truth. And God was 100 percent correct. But the earth was not created in 6 Days, but in 6 Periods of Time, that is just an observable Fact, we can see back in time.