IGNORED

Genesis Daylight before celestial objects.

Just a Mirror

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

20 minutes ago, Behold said:

God showed you that THIS is not about homosexuality? ...... That is an interesting God you have, Rev Man.

Romans 1: 27 """""In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.""""

I think he was getting at the "cause and effect" aspect of the whole thing, like my post above.

Edited by Last Daze
added link

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I think he was getting at the "cause and effect" aspect of the whole thing, like my post above.

The point of the S&G story is to present God's viewpoint regarding same gender sexuality, that is clarified even more in Romans 1.

Homosexuality is a systemic moral infection that is so infectious that God neutralized it to keep it from spreading.

22 minutes ago, Behold said:

The point of the S&G story is to present God's viewpoint regarding same gender sexuality, that is clarified even more in Romans 1.

Homosexuality is a systemic moral infection that is so infectious that God neutralized it to keep it from spreading.

There's also a reason people engage in such behavior.  Homosexuality is only a symptom.  Again:

• Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy.  Ezekiel 16:49

This is a recurring theme in the OT; oppressing the poor, perverting justice, no mercy, etc.  It's a persistent, self-serving, godless lifestyle that God destroyed and made an example of with the destruction of S&G.  It wasn't because He saw homosexuality as a particularly heinous symptom.

• and if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction by reducing them to ashes, having made them an example to those who would live ungodly lives thereafter  2 Peter 2:6

It was because of their ungodliness first and foremost.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Behold said:

God showed you that THIS is not about homosexuality? ...... That is an interesting God you have, Rev Man.

Romans 1: 27 """""In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.""""

I will prove to you what God showed me. I will post both the KJV and Holman version.

(KJV) Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness  19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:  25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

((( WHEREFORE God gave them up.....Why did He give them up ? Because they recognized not his GODHEAD, but instead served False gods. Thus they were given up to the LUSTS of their own Hearts, to dishonor their bodies with each other.  For that reason, they were CURSED with VILE AFFECTIONS.)))

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

((So God gave the up why ? BECAUSE THEY DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE God as God. And they were cursed with many things, homosexuality being just one of those things, amongst many. The sin here is Not Acknowleding God as God.))

The Guilt of the Gentile World

(HCSB) Romans 1:18 For God’s wrath is revealed from heaven against all godlessness and unrighteousness of people who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth, 19 since what can be known[o] about God is evident among them,because God has shown it to them. 20 For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse. 21 For though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or show gratitude. Instead, their thinking became nonsense, and their senseless minds were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man, birds, four-footed animals, and reptiles.

24 Therefore God delivered them over in the cravings of their hearts to sexual impurity, so that their bodies were degraded among themselves.25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served something created instead of the Creator, who is praised forever. Amen.

From Idolatry to Depravity ( Their ungodly ways brought forth a Curse by God )

26 This is why God delivered them over to degrading passions. For even their females exchanged natural sexual relations[p] for unnatural ones.27 The males in the same way also left natural relations[q] with females and were inflamed in their lust for one another. Males committed shameless acts with males and received in their own persons[r] the appropriate penalty of their error.

Edited by Revelation Man

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

There's also a reason people engage in such behavior.  Homosexuality is only a symptom.  Again:

• Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy.  Ezekiel 16:49

This is a recurring theme in the OT; oppressing the poor, perverting justice, no mercy, etc.  It's a persistent, self-serving, godless lifestyle that God destroyed and made an example of with the destruction of S&G.  It wasn't because He saw homosexuality as a particularly heinous symptom.

• and if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction by reducing them to ashes, having made them an example to those who would live ungodly lives thereafter  2 Peter 2:6

It was because of their ungodliness first and foremost.

If you read the  S&G account more carefully, you'll discover that those gays wanted to have sex with the 2 angels that arrived......They kept at this until they were "smote wtih blindness"...

So, this is a type of moral depravity that is not found within most "ungodly"......and that is why God burned THEM.

And if you are correct, .....if as you say God was just burning the typical ungodly person, then this would be all of us, as..... "believeth on GOD who justifies the UNGODLY".... explains that all are ungodly, but not all are sexually depraved to the point that God burns them.

So, there is a distinction being made in Genesis and in Romans, regarding the depth of depravity as related to HOMOSEXUALITY, vs "ungodly".

1 hour ago, Behold said:

If you read the  S&G account more carefully, you'll discover that those gays wanted to have sex with the 2 angels that arrived......They kept at this until they were "smote wtih blindness"...

So, this is a type of moral depravity that is not found within most "ungodly"......and that is why God burned THEM.

And if you are correct, .....if as you say God was just burning the typical ungodly person, then this would be all of us, as..... "believeth on GOD who justifies the UNGODLY".... explains that all are ungodly, but not all are sexually depraved to the point that God burns them.

So, there is a distinction being made in Genesis and in Romans, regarding the depth of depravity as related to HOMOSEXUALITY, vs "ungodly".

If you read the S&G account more carefully, you'll discover the reason why God destroyed Sodom.

• Then he said, “Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak only this once; suppose ten are found there?” And He said, “I will not destroy it on account of the ten.”   Genesis 18:32

There were not even ten righteous to be found in the city.  God was willing to relent if there were ten.  It wasn't necessarily because of the activities they were engaged in, it was primarily because ungodliness had so permeated the city.  I quoted scriptures that state what Sodom's sin was and why God destroyed it.  For some reason you reject what those scriptures say and insist on your own prejudiced view.  Not interested.

Just now, Last Daze said:

If you read the S&G account more carefully, you'll discover the reason why God destroyed Sodom.

• Then he said, “Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak only this once; suppose ten are found there?” And He said, “I will not destroy it on account of the ten.”   Genesis 18:32

There were not even ten righteous to be found in the city.  God was willing to relent if there were ten.  It wasn't necessarily because of the activities they were engaged in, it was primarily because ungodliness had so permeated the city.  I quoted scriptures that state what Sodom's sin was and why God destroyed it.  For some reason you reject what those scriptures say and insist on your own prejudiced view.  Not interested.

Have you ever read this scripture?......"there are NONE righteous, not even ONE"....that is your NEW TESTAMENT, describing all of US....in Romans 3:10

So, did God burn us?

And the reason He didnt is,......there is a difference with respect to the type of depravity found in S&G, vs the typical "none righteous" that you find in Romans 3:10.

So, as i told you earlier, homosexuality is an advanced state of depravity.......its more then unbelief, its more then "sinner"...its is a state of depravity that God actually burned.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Behold said:

Have you ever read this scripture?......"there are NONE righteous, not even ONE"....that is your NEW TESTAMENT, describing all of US....in Romans 3:10

So, did God burn us?

And the reason He didnt is,......there is a difference with respect to the type of depravity found in S&G, vs the typical "none righteous" that you find in Romans 3:10.

So, as i told you earlier, homosexuality is an advanced state of depravity.......its more then unbelief, its more then "sinner"...its is a state of depravity that God actually burned.

But it derives from men not worshiping God, that is why our kids get cursed with this depravity. I am not arguing that it is not an abomination. I am saying that the Worshiping of false gods or even not worshiping God, makes God angry, (He is Jealous God) and he doesn't protect us, but instead curses us.  We start casting God out of our lives, and then in the next 50 years we get homosexual marriage, 60 million abortions, a nation full of dope users and drunks etc. etc. 

It all stems from us as a nation kicking God out of the public domain, via the commie court systems.

16 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

But it derives from men not worshiping God, that is why our kids get cursed with this depravity. I am not arguing that it is not an abomination. I am saying that the Worshiping of false gods or even not worshiping God, makes God angry, (He is Jealous God) and he doesn't protect us, but instead curses us.  We start casting God out of our lives, and then in the next 50 years we get homosexual marriage, 60 million abortions, a nation full of dope users and drunks etc. etc. 

It all stems from us as a nation kicking God out of the public domain, via the commie court systems.

I agree.

Railing against the symptoms of homosexuality, abortion, debauchery, etc is missing the mark and shows a lack of understanding of the concept of reaping and sowing or cause and effect.  The sin that starts someone, or a nation, down the path toward such evil is as you say, rejecting God as our master.  Only one master can be served.