• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:18 PM, *Deidre* said:

Non-denominational 

I'm a Catholic/Protestant/sabbath-keeping/Pentecostal/ Evangelical born again Jewish Christian that sometimes faces east on my face like a Muslim (Only i face Jerusalem not Mecca) I also sometimes rock back and forth like a Jew before the wailing wall (When in prayer)   :-)

Just keeping all my bases covered because in the end, each Christian has a Biblical explanation for what they believe including Scriptures to back it up...and none of us knows who is right or who is wrong...

Also, I read about something you said in a thread that is now closed, so I'll respond to it here..."I agree Deidre and am extremely proud of the progress you have made and that you still have a strong root in Jesus despite the storms that tried to uproot you! He is your silver,  gold,  fortress,  shield,  and strength.... Now make him your world!  ((Hugs))  :emot-heartbeat:

90lyz.gif

Edited by spiderman1917

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I sometimes pray like the Jews at the wailing wall as well.  Only I didn't know they did that, so when I saw it in a news report I was really amazed.   Like others here I am a mongrel of many roots and denominations.  After keeping the truths God impressed on me in each, I fit best in the Calvary Chapel which calls itself nondenominational and has no formal membership.  As far as labels go, I am a Christian--Jesus Freak Bible loving sold out to God :emot-heartbeat:Christian.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I am a Jesus freak:D

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I'm seeking a church, now that I'm back with Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, Willa said:

I sometimes pray like the Jews at the wailing wall as well.  Only I didn't know they did that, so when I saw it in a news report I was really amazed.   Like others here I am a mongrel of many roots and denominations.  After keeping the truths God impressed on me in each, I fit best in the Calvary Chapel which calls itself nondenominational and has no formal membership.  As far as labels go, I am a Christian--Jesus Freak Bible loving sold out to God :emot-heartbeat:Christian.

Yes, when I feel an infilling of the Holy Spirit, if I don't rock back and forth, my head starts wagging or limbs start twitching...it is actually quite embarrassing and I'm not so sure that is how the Holy Spirit wants me to react or if I have some sort of disorder that causes that reaction to the energy, excitement, enlightenment, and other emotions that the Holy Spirit brings...Mystic experiences and extasies work on Norepinephrine, serotonin, Dopamine, endorphins, adrenaline, DMT, and even cannabinoid receptors, affect blood pressure and heart rate, and can even change the way a brain looks when scanned (they can see the changes in colors of chemicals being released and recepters firing and certain areas of the brain more activated when someone is having a deeply spiritual experience....

so it actually works on many of the same chemicals and receptors that drugs work on, so involuntary movements and strange behavior are completely understandable.  That is why in the acts of the apostles, people accussed them of being drunk on New wine.

My Mom was a Sabbath keeping Jew for Jesus for quite a few years and they used to chant in Hebrew, wear yarmulkas, dance in circles, and sometime they got together as a group and did it in front of hundreds of people at a seminar or revival and it thoroughly embarrassed me...but I've learned to have great appreciation for our Jewish roots and how they worship God with dance and merriment :)

So, occasionally I display similar behavior but make sure I'm off in the woods where only Abba, the Angels and woodland creatures can see me...200w_d.gif

Edited by spiderman1917

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I can't say I have had involuntary movements.  It just seems like a natural thing to do, like when I have raised my hands.  But the Shakers or Shaking Quakers were known to shake under the influence of the Holy Spirit.   Free Methodists were known as "Shouting Methodists".  

We used to have Jews for Jesus come to our AOG church in the 70s.  We also had a bishop from an Armenian Orthodox Church come and teach us Jewish Dances before the alter.  Now I have to remind you that these conservative AOG in the 70s didn't believe in dancing.  It was a lot of fun to express our joy in the Lord that way.  

4 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

Yes, when I feel an infilling of the Holy Spirit, if I don't rock back and forth, my head starts wagging or limbs start twitching...it is actually quite embarrassing and I'm not so sure that is how the Holy Spirit wants me to react or if I have some sort of disorder that causes that reaction to the energy, excitement, enlightenment, and other emotions that the Holy Spirit brings...Mystic experiences and extasies work on Norepinephrine, serotonin, Dopamine, endorphins, adrenaline, DMT, and even cannabinoid receptors, affect blood pressure and heart rate, and can even change the way a brain looks when scanned (they can see the changes in colors of chemicals being released and recepters firing and certain areas of the brain more activated when someone is having a deeply spiritual experience....

so it actually works on many of the same chemicals and receptors that drugs work on, so involuntary movements and strange behavior are completely understandable.  That is why in the acts of the apostles, people accussed them of being drunk on New wine.

My Mom was a Sabbath keeping Jew for Jesus for quite a few years and they used to chant in Hebrew, wear yarmulkas, dance in circles, and sometime they got together as a group and did it in front of hundreds of people at a seminar or revival and it thoroughly embarrassed me...but I've learned to have great appreciation for our Jewish roots and how they worship God with dance and merriment :)

So, occasionally I display similar behavior but make sure I'm off in the woods where only Abba, the Angels and woodland creatures can see me...200w_d.gif