ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I heard about this and then had to dig around to find this story. Wonder why it was buried in the media?

http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/30/concealed-carrier-draws-firearm-stops-nightclub-shooter/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I heard about this and then had to dig around to find this story. Wonder why it was buried in the media?

http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/30/concealed-carrier-draws-firearm-stops-nightclub-shooter/

I agree with Shiloh.   It just doesn't fit the media agenda.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Not only does it not fit the media agenda, the ruling class would probably like to punish the man who had the legal right to carry the gun (the one who stopped the shooter.)

If this had happened in a "blue" state like mine (vs. the "red" state of S.C), the hero would likely be facing some trumped up charges.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

Or it could be that it carries nothing to bring ratings to the news sources.   Good news does not get people to read the papers or turn on the TV channel. 

18 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Or it could be that it carries nothing to bring ratings to the news sources.   Good news does not get people to read the papers or turn on the TV channel. 

But that's just it.  To those who have a "we need more gun control" agenda (and that includes most in the mainstream media), this is NOT good news. This actually works against their argument for stricter gun control. As recent events have clearly demonstrated, the police cannot be instantaneously everywhere to stop these shooters.  It takes a "good guy with a gun" to stop a bad guy with a gun.  Otherwise, people die needlessly.

There's an old saying "dog bites man is not news; but man bites dog is news".

This was definitely a "man bites dog" story, as it is something that is not usual.  So I do believe it is not covered more BECAUSE of an intentional national media blackout. (the link is a local news outlet.)

Blessings,

-Ed

53 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

But that's just it.  To those who have a "we need more gun control" agenda (and that includes most in the mainstream media), this is NOT good news. This actually works against their argument for stricter gun control. As recent events have clearly demonstrated, the police cannot be instantaneously everywhere to stop these shooters.  It takes a "good guy with a gun" to stop a bad guy with a gun.  Otherwise, people die needlessly.

There's an old saying "dog bites man is not news; but man bites dog is news".

This was definitely a "man bites dog" story, as it is something that is not usual.  So I do believe it is not covered more BECAUSE of an intentional national media blackout. (the link is a local news outlet.)

Blessings,

-Ed

I think that people try to hard to assign evil motives to what are basic business decisions.   All we have is a bar room altercation that got out of hand and some idiot started shooting people.  There is nothing about it to attract viewers, which is why the news media exist, to make money by having people watch their shows or read their papers.

There is a story I saw on Facebook today about a guy that went into a hospital room and shot two people in Florida, he was stopped by two guys without a gun.  Would it be fair for me to use it as an example of "it takes a guy without a gun to stop a guy with a gun"?

3 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I think that people try to hard to assign evil motives to what are basic business decisions.   All we have is a bar room altercation that got out of hand and some idiot started shooting people.  There is nothing about it to attract viewers, which is why the news media exist, to make money by having people watch their shows or read their papers.

There is a story I saw on Facebook today about a guy that went into a hospital room and shot two people in Florida, he was stopped by two guys without a gun.  Would it be fair for me to use it as an example of "it takes a guy without a gun to stop a guy with a gun"?

I've never said that those who advance so-called gun control are necessarily evil (although some are).  Some have pure, but perhaps naïve motives.  And I'm going to disagree with your point about it being merely a "bar room altercation that got out of hand."  Given the similarities to the recent outrage in Orlando and the potential for a similar outcome (except that there was a legally armed individual there), this is a story that cries out to be covered - IF we had a national news media that was actually interested in covering news vs. advancing an agenda.

BTW and just so you know - the corrupt national news media is a hot button issue with me, so on this we're probably going to have to agree to disagree.  Perhaps you see it as unfair on my part, but to me the media is completely corrupt and I cannot see any good in anything it does. 

As far as the story you saw on Facebook:  Of course it would be fair to use that.   You're not advancing an agenda, are you?

Blessings,

-Ed

4 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I've never said that those who advance so-called gun control are necessarily evil (although some are).  Some have pure, but perhaps naïve motives.  And I'm going to disagree with your point about it being merely a "bar room altercation that got out of hand."  Given the similarities to the recent outrage in Orlando and the potential for a similar outcome (except that there was a legally armed individual there), this is a story that cries out to be covered - IF we had a national news media that was actually interested in covering news vs. advancing an agenda.

BTW and just so you know - the corrupt national news media is a hot button issue with me, so on this we're probably going to have to agree to disagree.  Perhaps you see it as unfair on my part, but to me the media is completely corrupt and I cannot see any good in anything it does. 

As far as the story you saw on Facebook:  Of course it would be fair to use that.   You're not advancing an agenda, are you?

Blessings,

-Ed

There are no similarities to the mass murder in Orlando.  The story in the OP states this was brought about by an argument... Deputies say Thompson got into an argument with another man at the club and he fired several rounds from his gun toward the crowd gathered out front.

No one died, there is no religion, race or anything else like that invloed it seems.  All those things work to make it a non-story for the media.  Only those trying to advance a pro-gun agenda would find this story of any consequence.  And before anyone goes accusing me of being anti-gun, I own several and spend more than I should on ammo as I love to fire them.  But we have a problem in our country, a problem nobody talks about.  One of the side effects of an instant gratification society is that people do not know how to deal with anger and rage, they want those to have an instant solution also.  This is a bad thing in a country with more guns than people.   If this story had a purpose, it would be to highlight that, not that some guy with a gun got lucky when dealing with some other guy with a gun.

10 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

There are no similarities to the mass murder in Orlando.

49 dead in Orlando vs. no dead here.

You've made your point.

Blessings,

-Ed