• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

2 Peter 2:1-22, TLB

“… there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly tell their lies about God,

turning against even their Master who bought them; but theirs will be a swift and terrible end.

Many will follow their evil teaching that there is nothing wrong with sexual sin

But God condemned them long ago and their destruction is on the way …

false teachers are fools—no better than animals. They do whatever they feel like

and they will be destroyed along with all the demons and powers of hell. That is the

pay these teachers will have for their sin. For they live in evil pleasures day after day.

They are a disgrace and a stain among you, deceiving you by living in foul sin on the side

… They train themselves to be greedy; and are doomed and cursed. They have gone off the

road and become lost like Balaam … These men are as useless as dried-up springs of water

… They are doomed to the eternal pits of darkness … they lure back into sin those who

have just escaped from such wicked living. ‘You aren’t saved by being good’, they say,

‘so you might as well be bad. Do what you like; be free.’ But these very teachers

who offer this ‘freedom’ from law are themselves slaves to sin and destruction.

For a man is a slave to whatever controls him (A). And when a person has escaped from

the wicked ways of the world by learning about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and then

gets tangled up with sin and becomes its slave again, he is worse off than he was before (B).

It would be better if he had never known about Christ at all than to learn of him and then

afterwards turn his back on the holy commandments that were given to him. There is an old

saying that ‘A dog comes back to what he has vomited, and a pig is washed only to come back

and wallow in the mud again.’ That is the way it is with those who turn again to their sin.”

This passage condemns both false teachers and their followers to eternal hell.

Believers who choose to be slaves of sin again are the foolish rebellious believers:

(A)  that Paul warns about in Romans 6

(B)  that become worse off than unbelievers

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 7/17/2016 at 9:51 AM, ZacharyB said:

2 Peter 2:1-22, TLB

“… there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly tell their lies about God,

turning against even their Master who bought them; but theirs will be a swift and terrible end.

Believers who choose to be slaves of sin again are the foolish rebellious believers:

:sherlock:

Those Who Willingly Choose Unbelief

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

Those Who Did It "My Way"

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Romans 3:12

Those Who

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Sin

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

~

Believe It (Or Not)

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5

And Be Blessed Beloved

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.  John 5:24

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’        Matthew 7:21-23

I heard a good sermon,the preacher said "Everyone in hell is a believer".....I had to laugh,it's true but it will be too late by then(& I don't mean "laughed" in a happy way)

Praise Jesus                                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

That is always my warning.  Once you are there you cannot turn back.  It is for eternity.  It's a horrible vision, that is why I pray for revival.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

On July 17, 2016 at 9:51 AM, ZacharyB said:

This passage condemns both false teachers and their followers to eternal hell.

Excellant passage regarding an incredibly important warning, Zachary.  I have a few thoughts, and was wondering if you would comment on them.

John 8:6   But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.

John 8:8  8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

John 8:10-11  

Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

This of course, is a short excerpt from the story where the people were testing Jesus regarding the woman caught in adultery.  Many people have written about what Jesus could possibly be writing in the dirt.  Isn't it amazing that Jesus, who created everything, did not stand over this woman in judgement, but instead, bent down and placed His finger into the dirt?  Here is this woman, expecting to be stoned to death, hated by all, and Jesus got down into the filth and dirt, just as He was alongside this woman at her lowest point.  Matthew 1:23   and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”

8 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

Believe It (Or Not)

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5

We certainly should be wary of false teachers, and of being in sin, yet I thank Brother Joe for pointing out Romans 4:5.

On July 17, 2016 at 9:51 AM, ZacharyB said:

I doubt anyone can choose to be free of sin, by their own effort, yes, my point is this:

Oswald Chambers devotion for July 19th:

The Submission of the Believer

Our Lord never insists on having authority over us. He never says, “You will submit to me.” No, He leaves us perfectly free to choose— so free, in fact, that we can spit in His face or we can put Him to death, as others have done; and yet He will never say a word. But once His life has been created in me through His redemption, I instantly recognize His right to absolute authority over me. It is a complete and effective domination, in which I acknowledge that “You are worthy, O Lord…” (Revelation 4:11)

If our Lord insisted on our obedience, He would simply become a taskmaster and cease to have any real authority. He never insists on obedience, but when we truly see Him we will instantly obey Him. Then He is easily Lord of our life, and we live in adoration of Him from morning till night.

The Son was obedient as our Redeemer, because He was the Son, not in order to become God’s Son.

As I said, we certainly should be wary of the scripture you provided, yes, I agree, and though my thoughts may not be well presented here, I ask, do you see it a matter of simply choosing not to be a slave to sin, how is this formed in us, and do you say this choice must be made to ensure salvation?  Can we simply decide not to be a slave to sin, and can we take credit for making this choice?  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

3 hours ago, hmbld said:

As I said, we certainly should be wary of the scripture you provided....
yes, I agree, and though my thoughts may not be well presented here, I ask....
do you see it a matter of simply choosing not to be a slave to sin, how is this formed in us....
and do you say this choice must be made to ensure salvation....

Can we simply decide not to be a slave to sin....
and can we take credit for making....
this choice....

:thumbsup:

Amen~! The Choices Believers Will Make

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

And The Calls We Will

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

Call

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

:emot-heartbeat:

Unshackled

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2

And Forever Free~

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. John 8:36

Bless The Holy Name Of Jesus

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8