WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,074
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Amid a month of racial conflict and gun violence, at least three police officers were killed in Baton Rouge Sunday, adding to the tally of law enforcement officials slain in the line of duty in 2016.

Before Sunday’s shooting, 60 line-of-duty deaths had occurred in the USA this year, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. Twenty-eight of the fatalities were firearm-related, a 56% increase from firearm-related fatalities at this point in 2015.

Just 10 days before Baton Rouge, five Dallas police officers were killed in what was the greatest loss of life for law enforcers since 9/11. [ Source - Read More]

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Content Per Day:  16.70
  • Days Won:  0

Source: Slain Officer's Plea

BATON ROUGE, La. –  Just days before he was shot and killed Sunday morning, a Baton Rouge police officer posted an emotional Facebook message saying he was "physically and emotionally" tired and expressing how difficult it was to be both a police officer and a black man, a friend said Sunday.

"I swear to God I love this city but I wonder if this city loves me," Montrell Jackson wrote.

He said while in uniform he gets nasty looks and out of uniform some consider him a threat.

"I've experienced so much in my short life and these last 3 days have tested me to the core," the posting read.

The message was posted July 8, just three days after a black man was shot and killed by police in Baton Rouge. That shooting was the beginning of an extremely tense week in the country's fraught history of race relations. Another black man was shot and killed by police the next day in Minnesota, with his girlfriend livestreaming the aftermath on Facebook. Then a black gunman opened fire during a protest against the police shootings in Dallas, killing five police officers.