IGNORED

Anointing,Indwelling,Authority,Power-What is the Difference?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings FRiendnt....

I was wondering all the time, why Jesus would say to wait for the day of Penticost to receive the  comforter , the Holy Ghost. 

And earlier he had said: 

It is better for you if I go, for if I go the FATHER will sent the comforter in my name..........

Why the FATHER could not give the comforter to them before, during their time when they were with Jesus these three years? 

23While He was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many people saw the signs He was doing and believed in His name. 24But Jesus did not entrust Himself to them, for He knew all men. 25He did not need any testimony about man, for He knew what was in a man.…                              John 2:23-25

There is your answer,He knew that although they "believed" they were not yet fully committed & not yet ready to surrender completely,there is a forskaing,a letting go of "self" that must accompany belief,,,,,from carnality into spirituality,re-birth takes place

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,829
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings FRiendnt....

There is your answer,He knew that although they "believed" they were not yet fully committed & not yet ready to surrender completely,there is a forskaing,a letting go of "self" that must accompany belief,,,,,from carnality into spirituality,re-birth takes place

Very interesting observation, and that's a good suggestion, to see the individual's desire for something and go after that. ( to seek, and to ask). 

For what propose? 

This is something that I am consern with. 

For I see that your suggestion points to some direction. 

But should we also not see that the Lord, and why we call Jesus Lord, if he could not do something on his own and help us and not only for his own propose, to equipped someone for ministry, but also to do something out of love expecting nothing in return. 

We can not say that he is not active in our lives in secrecy, without us knowing, and not only the believer, but also for for anyone. 

And how Jesus does it, is it through the direct or indirect involvement of the Holy Spirit and how do we know.

Don't we pray and ask Jesus to help this person or our children, and help them with their studies, open their minds to understand the lessons, is this not the same as asking Jesus to give them gifts from the Holy Spirit to empower them, to equipped them with something they need, and to excel in their studies. Even without the children knowing or even us, and can not tell, whether it is  because of the gifts of the Holy Spirit to them, and we credit that as their intelligence, and how can we tell the difference.

And how if Jesus does it, without any one asking. 

And not knowing we give credit to our self or to one else, who may have contributed.

How about if Jesus has empower someone to be a good mother, or a parent for that matter. 

Blessings Friendnt

Absolutely "yes" ,,,I agree completely   Of course God can do that,He can do ALL l things,anything HE Wills,,,,,Amen!  

We can not say that he is not active in our lives in secrecy, without us knowing, and not only the believer, but also for for anyone. 

And how Jesus does it, is it through the direct or indirect involvement of the Holy Spirit and how do we know.

Yes Friendnt,,,,He does,God is AWESOME & His Ways are not our ways,,,,That is precisely why I referred to the donkey in the other THread

26 Then the angel of the Lord moved on ahead and stood in a narrow place where there was no room to turn, either to the right or to the left. 27 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat it with his staff. 28 Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”

30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”

“No,” he said.

31 Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.

32 The angel of the Lord asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me.[a] 33 The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared it.”                                                                 Numbers 22nd Chapter

If God could use a donkey to speak through,He can use anyone,yes indeed!                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

20 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Friendnt

Absolutely "yes" ,,,I agree completely   Of course God can do that,He can do ALL l things,anything HE Wills,,,,,Amen! .

When we look in the substance of the scripture, "nothing is impossible for God", or "God can do all things", we actually saying that God is limited withing a border line, and within that discipline he can do things. 

When someone is posing the question, if can God do this, and the answer is yes, we should not adapt the attitude and ask God to prove himself, like we are his Lord and he has to follow on our request and there are consequences if he does not oblige to our command. 

Jesus never made a donkey talk, and he knew the story of Balaam, and he could  duplicate and even surpassed the previous occurrence by having a bunch of donkeys talk and not only that but even sing to the Jews and proclaiming the Gospel, even in a language that they did not know. 

When I made some reference to what the Holy Spirit do or how it gets involved in people's lives, I had some previous events in mind. 

Things the Lord God in the old testament had done, and Jesus Christ who has Greater titles than him, and also has all the authority and powers and wisdom of the FATHER, and he is not lacking In anything can also do equal and Greater things. 

For Jesus Christ is the one , who gave God the Father children out of the stones , he gave life to the dead, and took them with him in Heaven and presented them to God. And if you could take a picture and look at it , you may say , just like a family picture of the FATHER his Son and the Children of his Son, 

And the scripture is fulfilled:

Here am I and the children the Lord has given me. 

The Lord and his  children are the same, and God the FATHER  is different.

The only way God the FATHER to has us, the  humans as his children it was to make him, his only offspring the Lord God just like us, a man, the second  Adam.  

Blessings Friendnt.....

Wow,I thought we were actually making some headway......Okay,so there it is again,you say Jesus was simply a man,God made Him,a second Adam.......I really don't have any words right now & if I say anything it would come from my flesh .....so, I will wait on the Lord (another time or day)         God Bless you

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:11 AM, Your closest friendnt said:

I was wondering all the time, why Jesus would say to wait for the day of Penticost to receive the  comforter , the Holy Ghost. 

And earlier he had said: 

It is better for you if I go, for if I go the FATHER will sent the comforter in my name..........

Why the FATHER could not give the comforter to them before, during their time when they were with Jesus these three years? 

Hi Your closest friendnt,

A very, very, very good question. When Jesus ascended to the Father then we know that the Father gave Him the Holy Spirit to send to indwell believers. The Holy Spirit brought the very life of Christ, as Christ became a `life-giving spirit.` (1 Cor. 15:45) Christ`s divine qualities of life are formed in us -

` by which have been given to us exceedingly great & precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature,...` (2 Peter 1: 4)

Why? Because we have a high calling, the on top calling as the Apostle Paul says. (Note, no calling is of any individual merit but all for God`s glory).  

`Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your calling & election sure....` (2 Peter 1: 10)

`I press toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.` (Phil. 3: 14)

Our calling is not to the earth, but the third heaven. There is a great deception upon us now trying to delude people into thinking that their inheritance in Christ is just this earth. So you can see your question Your closest friendnt, highlights the difference between those with an earthly calling & those with a heavenly calling, for all of God`s great kingdom will be populated by His many sons.

Blessings, Marilyn.

6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

A very, very, very good question. When Jesus ascended to the Father then we know that the Father gave Him the Holy Spirit to send to indwell believers. The Holy Spirit brought the very life of Christ, as Christ became a `life-giving spirit.` (1 Cor. 15:45) Christ`s divine qualities of life are formed in us -

` by which have been given to us exceedingly great & precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature,...` (2 Peter 1: 4)

Why? Because we have a high calling, the on top calling as the Apostle Paul says. (Note, no calling is of any individual merit but all for God`s glory).  

`Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your calling & election sure....` (2 Peter 1: 10)

`I press toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.` (Phil. 3: 14)

Our calling is not to the earth, but the third heaven. There is a great deception upon us now trying to delude people into thinking that their inheritance in Christ is just this earth. So you can see your question Your closest friendnt, highlights the difference between those with an earthly calling & those with a heavenly calling, for all of God`s great kingdom will be populated by His many sons.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn C, 

You have touch an interesting point , I hope that I understand what you are trying to convay with your massage.

And it is not easy for me to say it, unless I look at the time back when our Lord was addressing the crowd during his earthly minist.

He said: Seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you, 

Jesus was addressing a Jewish crowd who did not have the Heavenly blessing and everything about them was earthly.

They could not look up into Heaven and see themselves there one day with JESUS, and have the Joy that they were one with him In his name , and having the Joy of the Holy Spirit within them. 

I see that the Holy Spirit is helping us to develop a good consience, towards God and one another, thank you again

And God  bless 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hi Marilyn C, 

You have touch an interesting point , I hope that I understand what you are trying to convay with your massage.

And it is not easy for me to say it, unless I look at the time back when our Lord was addressing the crowd during his earthly minist.

He said: Seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you, 

Jesus was addressing a Jewish crowd who did not have the Heavenly blessing and everything about them was earthly.

They could not look up into Heaven and see themselves there one day with JESUS, and have the Joy that they were one with him In his name , and having the Joy of the Holy Spirit within them. 

I see that the Holy Spirit is helping us to develop a good consience, towards God and one another, thank you again

And God  bless 

Glad you have thought upon this & are coming to understanding. May the Lord continue to open up His word to you, bro.

regards, Marilyn. 

Blessings Friendt

On 7/20/2016 at 10:41 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Friendnt

Absolutely "yes" ,,,I agree completely   Of course God can do that,He can do ALL l things,anything HE Wills,,,,,Amen! .

When we look in the substance of the scripture, "nothing is impossible for God", or "God can do all things", we actually saying that God is limited withing a border line, and within that discipline he can do things. 

When someone is posing the question, if can God do this, and the answer is yes, we should not adapt the attitude and ask God to prove himself, like we are his Lord and he has to follow on our request and there are consequences if he does not oblige to our command. 

Jesus never made a donkey talk, and he knew the story of Balaam, and he could  duplicate and even surpassed the previous occurrence by having a bunch of donkeys talk and not only that but even sing to the Jews and proclaiming the Gospel, even in a language that they did not know. 

When I made some reference to what the Holy Spirit do or how it gets involved in people's lives, I had some previous events in mind. 

Things the Lord God in the old testament had done, and Jesus Christ who has Greater titles than him, and also has all the authority and powers and wisdom of the FATHER, and he is not lacking In anything can also do equal and Greater things. 

For Jesus Christ is the one , who gave God the Father children out of the stones , he gave life to the dead, and took them with him in Heaven and presented them to God. And if you could take a picture and look at it , you may say , just like a family picture of the FATHER his Son and the Children of his Son, 

And the scripture is fulfilled:

Here am I and the children the Lord has given me. 

The Lord and his  children are the same, and God the FATHER  is different.

The only way God the FATHER to has us, the  humans as his children it was to make him, his only offspring the Lord God just like us, a man, the second  Adam.  

Okay,as I said,I certainly did not want to "re-act" to what I was trying to make sense of but rather I always want to respond and try the best to understand what someone is saying,after careful consideration,prayer & several times re-reading your comments,I'm still not sure of what the stumbling block is....in your replies I usually see what seems to me to be opposing statements,contraindicatory ....this is what is so confusing

At first you say"Jesus never made a donkey talk" & then you say "His only offspring "the Lord God"......so,not that I want to go off Topic & have yet another Trinity discussion BUT in one breath your statement implies that Jesus is not God,one of the Persons of the GodHead Triune & in the 2nd statement you are acknowledging that Jesus is God,One of the 3 Persons in the GodHead Triune,,,,,can you understand why it is so hard for me to understand what you are saying with these type of contraindications within the same reply? I have come to believe it is simply a matter of basic writing ,I do not think English is your first language,you did not like that question when someone else asked but it is the only thing that explains it for me

Anyway,moving on to the Topic at hand,,,,I think you have a good grasp on the subject here,,,,I'm very glad that you do consider what everyone says(always) & I agree,having a good conscience towards God & one another is above all these other things,,,,Peace ,Love & Joy to you always     Love,Kwik

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 7/18/2016 at 3:26 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brothers & Sisters

Brother HAZARD & I recently participated in a Topic about "suicide",the discussion took it's turn and became another Topic about whether ot not Judas Iscariot was a Saved man and from there is became yet another Topic......was he a man indwelled with the Holy Spirit ? Finally ,after realizing we completely de=railed the Thread we decided to begin a new Thread to reason together
         I hold the position that the Old Testament Prophets as well as the 12 Disciples were not Indwelled,not yet.....not until the Day of Pentecost......Jesus had not ascended into Heaven & therefore His Spirit was not given,Jesus never lived "in a person" until after His Finished Work on the Cross,,,,,,,,granted,His Spirit,Gods Holy Spirit,the Holy Spirit could come "upon" man,an anointing giving them "access" to His Power but not "indwelled"
         We concluded with 2 different thoughts  on these Scriptures....

Mark 3: 14, And he ordained twelve,, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,
    15, And to have power to heal sickness, and to cast out devils:
    16, And Simon he surnamed Peter;
    17, And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James; and he surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sons of thunder:
    18, And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite,
    19, And Judas Iscariot, which also betrayed him: and they went into an house.

Mark 6:   7, And he called unto him the twelve and began to send them forth by two, and two, and gave them power over unclean spirits:
    8, And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:
    9, But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.

Mark 6:  12, And they went out, and preached that men should repent.
    13, And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick and healed them.

My comment was:

Anointing,Indwelling,Authority,the Power,,,,,,what is the difference?Where does it come from?       Let us remain loving, kind & respectful,it is not a debate......

Give God ALL the Glory!

Thank you.  I was totally lost when someone said that Jesus committed suicide.  That was enough for me.