• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

On 7/20/2016 at 9:46 AM, gerbilgirl said:

The KMBC source looks legitimate to me, though I don't think one can ever trust Wikipedia.  

Wikipedia gets a bad rap that is really no longer accurate.  As long as you confirm the sources they link to Wikipedia is a fine source to use.   More and more high schools and colleges are starting to accept it as a general reference.   The high school I substitute at and the university where I am a part time instructor both will allow it to count as a general reference. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/22/2016 at 0:04 PM, Out of the Shadows said:

Wikipedia gets a bad rap that is really no longer accurate.  As long as you confirm the sources they link to Wikipedia is a fine source to use.   More and more high schools and colleges are starting to accept it as a general reference.   The high school I substitute at and the university where I am a part time instructor both will allow it to count as a general reference. 

Good to know.  I'm in college and it is very looked down upon at my university.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

wikipedia is both a good resource, and bad. It is basically a user written enclyclopedia-anyone can add to it. The plus to this is, you get a LOT, and I mean a LOT of information on it, but the downside to this is, its not always accurate. theyve implemented a lot of things to fact check whats written, but the possibility is still there. As a standalone source, I would not use it, however, if you fact check the article and check its sources like shadows has suggested, it can be a very useful tool.