Sign in to follow this  
angels4u

Your best advice in 4 or less words?

On 3/23/2018 at 6:34 PM, shel said:

nooby boo must have detected that in the spirit. I'm with Amykins. I have suffered under legalism recently and it hurts a lot.

I have lots to say about legalism but I'm sure it's nothing that hasn't been posted here before. You're correct about it hurting. It's so harming to the faith and sadly many who experience will walk away from our Lord altogether as they assume it's all there is ...

Anyways, I'm sorry you experienced it recently Shel. May the GRACE of our Lord remind you of His goodness during this time. 

• Loved it! 1

4 hours ago, TheAimes said:

I have lots to say about legalism but I'm sure it's nothing that hasn't been posted here before. You're correct about it hurting. It's so harming to the faith and sadly many who experience will walk away from our Lord altogether as they assume it's all there is ...

Anyways, I'm sorry you experienced it recently Shel. May the GRACE of our Lord remind you of His goodness during this time. 

Thank you so much dear Amykins. Interestingly enough, this legalism was not perpetrated by Christians but anti-Christians at my place of employment. I will be out from under it in a couple weeks as I am switching to a new location within the agency I work for... but I have some career decisions ahead of me and could really use prayer for the Lord's wisdom and favor. My education is in Mental Health counseling it is becoming almost impossible to uphold my christian principles and still comply with all the myriads of micromanaging state regulations. We will be moving back to the state I got my degree in in a few months. I could resume my pursuit of becoming licensed. Maybe. I don't know. I have no idea which direction to turn.

• Praying for You! 1

Don't quit on life.

and/or

Don't quit on God.

Read and Follow John 3:16

Simplicity is best.

(At least for me.)

He is Risen !

On 7/18/2016 at 7:45 PM, angels4u said:

What for advice can you give in 4 words or less?

Jesus sets you free.

Keep quiet and listen 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this