Ezra

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Chris Christie did an excellent job in indicting Hillary. After this if anyone votes for her, they cast a vote against America.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

I happened to be tune in during his pep talk, was not as impressed as you seem to be. What was really surprising was how few of the delegates were responding to him during each of his "gulity or not" points.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

8 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I happened to be tune in during his pep talk, was not as impressed as you seem to be. What was really surprising was how few of the delegates were responding to him during each of his "gulity or not" points.

We all perceive things differently, I suppose.  

Any lack of response - if indeed it existed, could however have an alternate explanation.  It could be directed at the messenger, not the message.  After all, this IS a republican convention.

And Chris Christie did do this:

http://i0.wp.com/powerline.wpengine.com/ed-assets/2012/10/christie-obama-odd-couple.jpg

Blessings,

-Ed

christie-obama-odd-couple.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

38 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

We all perceive things differently, I suppose.  

Any lack of response - if indeed it existed, could however have an alternate explanation.  It could be directed at the messenger, not the message.  After all, this IS a republican convention.

http://i0.wp.com/powerline.wpengine.com/ed-assets/2012/10/christie-obama-odd-couple.jpg

Blessings,

-Ed

christie-obama-odd-couple.jpg

But once he jumped on the Donald Trump bandwagon all was forgiven, that is the way politics work in our country.  He was d*** near the VP choice, he was one of the first to stand dutifully behind Donald Trump and show his submission. 

Edited by George
Let's not use profanity -- or any version close to it :) Thanks

40 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

But once he jumped on the Donald Trump bandwagon all was forgiven, that is the way politics work in our country.  He was darn near the VP choice, he was one of the first to stand dutifully behind Donald Trump and show his submission. 

I haven't been watching the convention - politics drives the missus nuts.  Got to keep peace in the family, y'know.  I did just watch the video of Christie's speech this morning, though.  I thought it was effective.

As far as Christie goes and the reaction to him from the delegates, some things to consider:  What time was the speech given - i.e. early in the evening when some delegates may have been absent; or later?

What was the reaction to him vs. other speakers?  What is the size/acoustics of the assembly hall?

All we know about it (since we're not there) is what we see/hear over the media.  I'm not suggesting there's a 'conspiracy' or anything of the sort, but at the same time we're all affected by the inevitable "spin" from the pundits.  How many times have you listened to a speech by someone, thought it was good, then had second thoughts after it went though the pundit spin cycle?  So if we're watching on FOX, we'll likely see it differently than if we're watching on MSNBC.

We all bring our own filters to the table.  If we're predisposed to like the party and/or the nominee, we'll see things positively.  If we're predisposed to be critical, we'll see it differently.  

It's all part of being human.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

It does not matter. Everyone has a right to change their mind when they need to. I'm sure you have done that from time to time.  The main thing is for all voters to be very clear that Hillary wants to destroy America while grabbing the reins of power.  That's all.

6 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

39 minutes ago, Ezra said:

It does not matter. Everyone has a right to change their mind when they need to. I'm sure you have done that from time to time.  The main thing is for all voters to be very clear that Hillary wants to destroy America while grabbing the reins of power.  That's all.

I was responding to Out of the Shawdows.  His contention was that the response to Christie's speech was somewhat tepid.  My posting of the picture (Christie & Obama) was to suggest - if there was any ill feeling toward Christie by some of the delegates - that it stemmed from his meetings with Obama after Hurricane Sandy (and right before the '12 election).

As for me, I had no problem with Christie's speech - I thought it was effective.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,039
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I haven't been watching the convention - politics drives the missus nuts.  Got to keep peace in the family, y'know.  I did just watch the video of Christie's speech this morning, though.  I thought it was effective.

As far as Christie goes and the reaction to him from the delegates, some things to consider:  What time was the speech given - i.e. early in the evening when some delegates may have been absent; or later?

What was the reaction to him vs. other speakers?  What is the size/acoustics of the assembly hall?

All we know about it (since we're not there) is what we see/hear over the media.  I'm not suggesting there's a 'conspiracy' or anything of the sort, but at the same time we're all affected by the inevitable "spin" from the pundits.  How many times have you listened to a speech by someone, thought it was good, then had second thoughts after it went though the pundit spin cycle?  So if we're watching on FOX, we'll likely see it differently than if we're watching on MSNBC.

We all bring our own filters to the table.  If we're predisposed to like the party and/or the nominee, we'll see things positively.  If we're predisposed to be critical, we'll see it differently.  

It's all part of being human.

Blessings,

-Ed

I think the response depended on whether you were watching CNN or Fox.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

6 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

He nailed her to the Trailer Park fence post, OOTS.  I would love to see him as AG.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,039
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

He nailed her to the Trailer Park fence post, OOTS.  I would love to see him as AG.

either him or Tray Gowdy.     Both he and Cruz would be good Supreme Court Judges also.