Running Gator

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

I know I am no fan of Donald Trump, but I have an honest question.  Why does anyone care what his children think?   Thinking back on recent memory I cannot recall this being part of a convention in the past? What qualifications do they have to give political advice? 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

They are part of his campaign; at least the three oldest.  They are advisors and cheerleaders therefore they are stumping for their dad.  I guarantee Chelsea Clinton will be at the Democrat convention next week.  And btw, most Republicans want to hear what they have to say.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

the fact that his children are savvy enough to take part in the political process shows something of their up bringing--  they may be young- but they are on the ball and I think they can speak to many of the millenials-- their input may not influence old goats like me-- but  I think they can speak to younger voters-- or non- voters and motivate them to participate in the process

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

What qualifications do they have to give political advice?

I guess the same thing could be asked of the many Hollywood "Celebrities" that seem to want to make their vacuous ramblings known~~~

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I know I am no fan of Donald Trump, but I have an honest question.  Why does anyone care what his children think?   Thinking back on recent memory I cannot recall this being part of a convention in the past? What qualifications do they have to give political advice? 

Chelsea will likely speak this year. 

It is presumed that they either speak about politics because they are involved in it already, or to emphasize the family wholesome connection (regardless of party). 

6 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

They are part of his campaign; at least the three oldest.  They are advisors and cheerleaders therefore they are stumping for their dad.  I guarantee Chelsea Clinton will be at the Democrat convention next week.  And btw, most Republicans want to hear what they have to say.

What qualifications do they have to be advising anyone on political matters?  Being a rich white kid does not really seem to be enough.  Why do most, or even a few, Republicans want to hear what they have to say?  They said exactly what they were told to say, "My dad is the greatest thing since before sliced bread".  Do you believe his children are somehow open minded and unbiased towards their father?

6 hours ago, woundeddog said:

I guess the same thing could be asked of the many Hollywood "Celebrities" that seem to want to make their vacuous ramblings known~~~

And most people just ignore them, yet for some reasons I am told people want to hear what these one's have to say.  

5 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Chelsea will likely speak this year. 

It is presumed that they either speak about politics because they are involved in it already, or to emphasize the family wholesome connection (regardless of party). 

Yes, Chelsea Clinton will be speaking this year at the DNC.  Just one more example of how there is truly no difference between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

What qualifications do they have to be advising anyone on political matters?  Being a rich white kid does not really seem to be enough.  Why do most, or even a few, Republicans want to hear what they have to say?  They said exactly what they were told to say, "My dad is the greatest thing since before sliced bread".  Do you believe his children are somehow open minded and unbiased towards their father?

Yep, and they disagree with their father on some things and openly admit that they have disagreed with him.   But he listens to them and then makes up his own mind.   He often doesn't take their advice.  The notion that they are pulling his strings behind the curtain is a misnomer.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Yes, Chelsea Clinton will be speaking this year at the DNC.  Just one more example of how there is truly no difference between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

Trump never got anyone murdered.  Trump never jeopardized national security and paid off the FBI to get him indemnified from prosecution.   Trump doesn't have a slush fund that pretends to be charity that people donate to in order to get political favors.   Trump was never a student and admirer of Communist and Satanist, Saul Alinsky.  

Yeah, there is a whole lot of difference between them.