• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1960

How can I stay focused on Jesus when my brain is all over the map?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,174
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Hi

encouragedon'tju;

What  does your mind think of when it goes all over the map?

I know that a lot of MH issues stem from unresolved past issues,  and  a difficulty dealing with now issues, because of  faulty coping strategies that formed

as a way of thinking

due to the initial unresolved issues.

I strongly believe that a lot of MH issues are of a spiritual nature and need to be dealt with spiritually, that is with Gods help.

If you are a christian, this life in Christ Jesus is a journey  , a wonderful relationship journey with our creator Father, Son and Holy Spirit of God working in our hearts.

So if up until now you are still struggling with bi-polar, please know that God can help you to help yourself overcome much that is troubling you.

Gods testament has many good things in it that God has so lovingly willed to you,  But it is up to you to learn more about what God has willed to you and to entrust what he has willed to you into your life by faith and by trusting that God willed you what He says He willed you .

If you don't look at Gods will for you, you will never get to know ALL the blessings God desires to will to you.

Reading and applying Gods testament in your life , will be the beginning or receiving Gods will in your life.

Like receiving a million  dollars can change and transform a person ( sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse)

So can receiving God will change our hearts change and transform a person heart for the better ( always for the better )

Its interesting the user name you chose : " encouragedon'tjudge "

Because that is exactly what God is looking for us to do: To be an encouragement and not judge .

Many times when we get emotionally upset, we have resentments going on in our heads as to what we have done, what others did

and we make ourselves jury judge and executioner of our fate and the fate of others in our heads.

And this is exactly what can make us feel very ill,  anxious,depressed.

The reason being, we have taken on the role of God, instead of placing our thoughts and lives  over to the care of Gods hands to handle and to handle justly and in a healthy healing way.

Judgement is mine says the Lord.

can be found in the bible:Deuteronomy 32:35,Romans 12:19

Christ Jesus said: if you cannot forgive your fellowman, neither can God forgive you.

Can be found in the bible in Matthew ch6 at the end of the chapter.

Practicing forgiveness and giving your concerns over to the care of God is the path to wellness and peace of mind.

It is something we are to apply through a daily relationship with God, everyday for the rest of our lives

In doing so we get better, we change, we let go and let God more and more.

Life is a journey built up of everyday new choices and everyday new challenges.

Virtue that is not tested is not virtue.

So how we overcome our daily challenges is a test of our faith.

Sometimes our faith in God is weaker, sometimes it is stronger, but if we keep holding on to our faith=faithfulness in Him,

He leads us out of the despair and darkness and shows us the way to His light.

every time you let Go and Let God, you overcome and every-time you overcome, you learn something more about yourself and also about God.

"Trust in God

Lean not on your own understanding

and He will direct your path"

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the Lord
4 So you will find favor and good repute In the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.…

God bless you

in Christ;

1to3 : )

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings encouraged,,,,

"Bi-polar Christian" sounds like any oxymoron      Many will disagree ,because it is not easy to Receive Gods Truth after a lifetime of conditioning by what we "hear" & are taught,we learn science,psychology,sociology,facts,medical facts,statistics,reports,diagnosis etc...etc... but Gods Word tells us that we are given a SOUND MIND,,,,,yes,a sound mind & not the spirit of fear    HALLELUYAH!

King James Bible
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.                          2 Timothy 1:7

So,will I listen to every evil report,will I walk by FAITH or by sight(& sound & thoughts etc,,,)    Believe on Gods Word,trust Him with all of your heart & mind & body & all of your very being,your life

Take captive every thought & keep your eyes on Jesus(or like Peter,you sink)......we must die to ourselves & live for Christ

Philippians 4:13

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

You have the MIND of Christ by the Power of the Holy Spirit                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Glory to God                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

22 hours ago, encouragedon'tjudge said:

Take heart-- when you cant stay focused on Jesus be comforted by the fact that he stays focused on you--- he wont let you go no matter how your brain is raging. My prayer in times of turmoil is "Lord hold me, Thank you I know you will"

there have been times when the waves where so strong I could not think- I would lay on the floor holding my Bible to my chest- knowing it would pass and he remains faithful.

Everyone has different thorns to deal with-- yours ( and mine) is bi-polar-- his Grace is sufficient

14 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

Take heart-- when you cant stay focused on Jesus be comforted by the fact that he stays focused on you--- he wont let you go no matter how your brain is raging. My prayer in times of turmoil is "Lord hold me, Thank you I know you will"

there have been times when the waves where so strong I could not think- I would lay on the floor holding my Bible to my chest- knowing it would pass and he remains faithful.

Everyone has different thorns to deal with-- yours ( and mine) is bi-polar-- his Grace is sufficient

"when the waves hit" That's exactly what it feels like. Lately, I get a type of "prayer block", like writers get "writers block". All I can manage to get out is "Jesus I love you. I know you are always there. Thank you. Just stick by me and give me strength." -and He does sometimes whisper, " My grace is sufficient for you", so it's interesting that you would mention that scripture.  Thank you for answering my post and being so encouraging. God bless you. 

20 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Hi

encouragedon'tju;

What  does your mind think of when it goes all over the map?

I know that a lot of MH issues stem from unresolved past issues,  and  a difficulty dealing with now issues, because of  faulty coping strategies that formed

as a way of thinking

due to the initial unresolved issues.

I strongly believe that a lot of MH issues are of a spiritual nature and need to be dealt with spiritually, that is with Gods help.

If you are a christian, this life in Christ Jesus is a journey  , a wonderful relationship journey with our creator Father, Son and Holy Spirit of God working in our hearts.

So if up until now you are still struggling with bi-polar, please know that God can help you to help yourself overcome much that is troubling you.

Gods testament has many good things in it that God has so lovingly willed to you,  But it is up to you to learn more about what God has willed to you and to entrust what he has willed to you into your life by faith and by trusting that God willed you what He says He willed you .

If you don't look at Gods will for you, you will never get to know ALL the blessings God desires to will to you.

Reading and applying Gods testament in your life , will be the beginning or receiving Gods will in your life.

Like receiving a million  dollars can change and transform a person ( sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse)

So can receiving God will change our hearts change and transform a person heart for the better ( always for the better )

Its interesting the user name you chose : " encouragedon'tjudge "

Because that is exactly what God is looking for us to do: To be an encouragement and not judge .

Many times when we get emotionally upset, we have resentments going on in our heads as to what we have done, what others did

and we make ourselves jury judge and executioner of our fate and the fate of others in our heads.

And this is exactly what can make us feel very ill,  anxious,depressed.

The reason being, we have taken on the role of God, instead of placing our thoughts and lives  over to the care of Gods hands to handle and to handle justly and in a healthy healing way.

Judgement is mine says the Lord.

can be found in the bible:Deuteronomy 32:35,Romans 12:19

Christ Jesus said: if you cannot forgive your fellowman, neither can God forgive you.

Can be found in the bible in Matthew ch6 at the end of the chapter.

Practicing forgiveness and giving your concerns over to the care of God is the path to wellness and peace of mind.

It is something we are to apply through a daily relationship with God, everyday for the rest of our lives

In doing so we get better, we change, we let go and let God more and more.

Life is a journey built up of everyday new choices and everyday new challenges.

Virtue that is not tested is not virtue.

So how we overcome our daily challenges is a test of our faith.

Sometimes our faith in God is weaker, sometimes it is stronger, but if we keep holding on to our faith=faithfulness in Him,

He leads us out of the despair and darkness and shows us the way to His light.

every time you let Go and Let God, you overcome and every-time you overcome, you learn something more about yourself and also about God.

"Trust in God

Lean not on your own understanding

and He will direct your path"

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the Lord
4 So you will find favor and good repute In the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.…

God bless you

in Christ;

1to3 : )

Thank you for taking the time to post all this good information. It is helpful and appreciated. I don't know if it is "grand" thinking on my part because of my condition but I sometimes think that the church should just start laying hands on people w/ Bi-polar disorder and see if the power of prayer can eliminate some of the need for all the drugs that are being thrown at people  who suffer w/ this illness. Perhaps, also their symptoms and discomfort will be lessened. It could happen w/ faith and prayer.

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings encouraged,,,,

"Bi-polar Christian" sounds like any oxymoron      Many will disagree ,because it is not easy to Receive Gods Truth after a lifetime of conditioning by what we "hear" & are taught,we learn science,psychology,sociology,facts,medical facts,statistics,reports,diagnosis etc...etc... but Gods Word tells us that we are given a SOUND MIND,,,,,yes,a sound mind & not the spirit of fear    HALLELUYAH!

So,will I listen to every evil report,will I walk by FAITH or by sight(& sound & thoughts etc,,,)    Believe on Gods Word,trust Him with all of your heart & mind & body & all of your very being,your life

Take captive every thought & keep your eyes on Jesus(or like Peter,you sink)......we must die to ourselves & live for Christ

You have the MIND of Christ by the Power of the Holy Spirit                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Glory to God                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

My mind works more simply than a lot of people I know. I study my Bible regularly. The more I learn the more there is to learn. So, I wouldn't consider myself a scholar. All I know is there is a promise of the "renewal of the mind" and God's promises are always true. Somedays, the brain between my ears doesn't function as I would like it to. However, God is looking out for the brain in my heart. If He can use me as a source of love and encouragement to others maybe all that is really important is that I love others and not focus so much on not being the brightest crayon in the box.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

23 hours ago, encouragedon'tjudge said:

Try MEMORIZING the Gospel of John in its entirety during every spare moment. That should keep your mind on Christ and what He said, but also provide you with a weapon against Satan.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

23 hours ago, encouragedon'tjudge said:

Try MEMORIZING the Gospel of John in its entirety during every spare moment. That should keep your mind on Christ and what He said, but also provide you with a weapon against Satan.

Just now, Ezra said:

Good suggestion. Thank you. God bless.