Bi-polar Christians

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Having bipolar is a serious mental illness. It is a challenge. God is with you through this illness. He knows more about your illness than you do. When we can not pray the Holy Spirit takes over for us so in some instances we do not have to say anything. God knows your mind and your heart. God loves you. I hope you are getting professional help for your illness.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings encourage

My mind works more simply than a lot of people I know. I study my Bible regularly. The more I learn the more there is to learn. So, I wouldn't consider myself a scholar. All I know is there is a promise of the "renewal of the mind" and God's promises are always true. Somedays, the brain between my ears doesn't function as I would like it to. However, God is looking out for the brain in my heart. If He can use me as a source of love and encouragement to others maybe all that is really important is that I love others and not focus so much on not being the brightest crayon in the box.

It is all up to you my dear friend,,,,,,if you have accepted that it is good enough to encourage others that they can go through(& remain in) this situation because god carries you when you cannot walk then "okay" but know this,you can encourage people even more when you are His living Testimony of a new Creature in Christ Jesus,delivered from bondage,FREE in Christ,,,,,,,you can proclaim that God is STILL in the Miracle Working business because He would say"pick up your mat & walk" rather than carry you into the pool of water......Jesus is Deliverer.....Do you accept that "mental illness is a serious sickness" or that He Heals ALL manner of sickness & disease,is any more serious than the next?Is anything too strong for God? Is He that is in you Greater than he that is in the world?

You do not have to be a scholar,you do not have to be a great academic professor,,,,,His Word is very simple,He has Speaks to our simple minds & simple hearts.....as a matter of fact the more knowledge a person thinks they have the more difficult it is for them to have softened hearts to Receive His Wisdom & Understanding   People will defend mental disorders to the death simply because they are lacking Wisdom,God Truth is not in them,usually the ones in denial are dealing with this bondage in a close & personal way,the Truth will pierce like a 2 edged SWord & can be very uncomfortable ,even painful,,,,maybe they are not YET there with a teachable spirit...I pray

Jesus loves you,He has much more for you,to Bountifully Bless you with,a Life more Abundant,you are in my prayers     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

How do you stay focused when your brain is all over the map?  You just answered your own question.  Stay focused on Jesus.  "Thou will keep him in perfect who's mind is stayed on Thee."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,186
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Hi bi-Polar;

Good to see you here, and just know that everyone of us has something or another to overcome, be it physical, psychological, material, there is always a spiritual component involved.

When giving the suggestion to go to a psychiatrist or get counseling,  which I am sure you have already considered, I don't t know if the ones telling you to go to these options know full well how they work. They are for sure not the magic bullet and many times it proves to be a useless pursuit in getting lasting positive results.

Going to a psychiatrist is not always the answer and for many taking medication is NOT the answer ( and sometimes can do more damage than good .)

And if one goes to a psychiatrist, prescribing medication is what they do, more than taking the time to listen to your woes and help you find a solution without taking medication. For the psychiatrist, his/her time with you is to asses you by what you say,  into a certain classification and to then proceed to prescribe you medication and meet up with you to see how you are doing on the medication. If you decide to take medication, please research your self certain side-effects these medication can bring on. The doctor will not give you to much detail on the possible but very real side-effects as they get paid for prescribing you medication . This ( facts about a certain medication) you have to research yourself, and from there make your decision.

Then there are the counselors?, the psychotherapist? the different methods of psychological  counseling where you go pay someone to listen to your concerns. This is not free or on any medicare unless you belong below a certain income, than you may have access (here in Canada) to medicare free social work counseling and other psych counseling. But then your name is permanently in the system as a person coming for psychological help

Again none of the above  are not the magic bullet cure .

About finding some competent counselors? (if you a so blessed to find one) they may give you suggestions, tools that you can try employing. But its always up to you to use those suggestions or not to.

in times of duress. these suggestions can be useful reminders on how to breathe, to how you think, to what you eat, to how you exercise.

You probably can find the same type of advice, and suggestion by going to self help groups like A.A.O.A.N.A. Co-dependent.A...or other non profit self help organizations, or read some of the gazillion self help books available on the market and pick and choose what you like from them.

Or you can look to God and His word for FREE direction and FREE gifts from His Plan of Mercy and Grace.

my suggestion?

Find God on your own, through developing a daily personal relationship with Him and reading His Word that will give you plenty of good suggestions as to how to cope and also how to heal.

Form a christian perspective, look to find perhaps some good online preachers that you can listen to like Charles Stanley.or Andrew Wommack

And  you can certainly combine different self help methods of coping and overcoming along with living your christian daily life in Him.

When you seek God and ask the Holy Spirit of God to come and make His home in your heart, you have an added Helper and protector on your side, that medical science cannot provide

Remember always, that God can do what man cannot or what man cannot think is impossible.

God can and will restore us to a sound mind if we SEEK Him.

Trust in Him and His Word more so than just in men/women

The anointing of the Holy Spirit in you is a gift from God that activates healing

This you will never find from any secular therapist , counselor, psychiatrist.

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the one we seem to overlook.

Please lets not overlook God and what He can do for us if HE were thought.

Edited by 1to3