Sign in to follow this  
encouragedon'tjudge

Nifty Fifties

A thread for folks in their 50s, to talk about the issues that are important to 50 somethings. I have found this to be a decade of a lot of excitement and change.  I would like to compare notes w/ others. Please share your thoughts. God bless you.

Edited by encouragedon'tjudge

50, golden oldie?   ???

Golden oldies may know the 1950's but to be 50 today, why that seems hardly middle age never mind a golden oldie. I think golden oldies are about 85 or so.

About those 1950's; age of first big fast cars and cheap gas to burn.

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

50, golden oldie?   ???

Golden oldies may know the 1950's but to be 50 today, why that seems hardly middle age never mind a golden oldie. I think golden oldies are about 85 or so.

About those 1950's; age of first big fast cars and cheap gas to burn.

Ya, I know the 1950's. 50 years old is not the olden days.We are talking

Girl_twirling_Hula_Hoop,_1958.jpg

And

1950s-TV-Shows1.jpg

• Loved it! 1

Little Richard,  Long Tall Sally

Fats Domino,  Ain't It A Shame

Jerry Lee Lewis,

The Platters

Mopar

Whittier Blvd

Dairy Valley street drag racing

Jamboree road racing

Big Bear Lake

and Huntington Beach state beach

That be the 50s

21 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Little Richard,  Long Tall Sally

Fats Domino,  Ain't It A Shame

Jerry Lee Lewis,

The Platters

Mopar

Whittier Blvd

Dairy Valley street drag racing

Jamboree road racing

Big Bear Lake

and Huntington Beach state beach

That be the 50s

I was not into your kind of music in the 50's. I was just a young girl but I did like:

Johnny Mathis

Chances are

Paul Anka

Diana

The Flamingos

I only have eyes for you.

Nifty Fifties

Eisenhower . . . 

dwight-d-eisenhower---second-term.jpg

. . . and tail fins

8a5dabf5ec1341f00f281dfae49be16f.jpg

Blessings,

-Ed

• Thumbs Up 1

I am in my NIFTY FIFTIES and would LOVE a forum where I could fellowship with others in their 50s. I think it would be fun and enlightening.

lol, you are my sons ages.  50s are Heartbreak Hotel, Unchained Melody,  Tennessee Waltz, Mockingbird Hill, Jail house Rock, Far away Places, Rock Around the Clock, Hound Dog,  Shake Rattle & Roll, Blue Suede Shoes, Don't be Cruel, Bye Bye Love, Earth Angel,, Peggy Sue, Blueberry Hill, Sh Boom, Yakity Yak, Wake up Little Suzi, La Bamba, I'm Walking, Lonely Teardrops, Crying in the Chapel, Only You, All I Have to Do is Dream, Rockin Robin, Love Potion #9, Little Darlin', Chantilli Lace, Stagger Lee, My Prayer, Blue Suede Shoes, 16 CANDLES, Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, Teenager In Love, Splish Splash, Charle Brown, Come Softly To Me, Day-O, Jingle Bell Rock, Dream Lover, etc.  50s TV was I Love Lucy, The Ed Sullivan Show, Father Knows Best, Danny Thomas, Mary Tylor Moore, Dick VanDyke, Our Miss Brooks, Great Gildersleeve, Carlie McCarthy & Fibber McGee.  

The 80s music had got pretty raunchy in the secular realm.  But I did like the hard Christian rock of that era. 

Sign in to follow this