WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

We have had just the opposite. It has been much cooler and more rain than last summer. It is often in the lower 70's. It looks like we will miss that heat dome they are talking about. I understand that we are not in El Nino any longer but La Nina. Maybe that is why the change of weather.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heat-dome-sunday.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

15 minutes ago, other one said:

We'll be over in mesa at the Westgate resort the last week of the month.

Nice. There are some nice things to see out that way. Good photo opportunities in the superstition mountains too. Contact me closer to the time if you want any information. Also if you and your mrs would like to meet for lunch or coffee or something with me and my mr, just let me know. 

The last week of october is a good time of year. The day is still pretty long and the temps are pretty moderate. Altho I have been cold at that time of year if a cold snap comes in. You can get by with shorts and tshirts, but bring longer pants and a sweater just in case.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The Weather Channel has turned into a site that is not trust-worthy and makes so many false claims, on an hourly basis as to ruin any credibility they ever had.  Every single storm system that pops up is hailed on their site as being the one that ends all life as we know it.  They will say there is 100% chance of rain one moment and 15 minutes later change that to 20%.  A thunderstorm will materialize and they are caught by surprise.

I don't think the Global Warming hoax has much to do with it.  They are trapped in the same cycle as any other website that want lots of hits. Sensationalize. Make it look like something horrible is going to happen any minute and people  will check in every few minutes to see if they might die soon.

This is the key, weather is basically boring, so if you have a 24 hour weather channel you have to do something to liven it up. 

As far a global warming, I wish people would not even talk about it till they at least knew the difference between climate and weather. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The Weather Channel has turned into a site that is not trust-worthy and makes so many false claims, on an hourly basis as to ruin any credibility they ever had.  Every single storm system that pops up is hailed on their site as being the one that ends all life as we know it.  They will say there is 100% chance of rain one moment and 15 minutes later change that to 20%.  A thunderstorm will materialize and they are caught by surprise.

I don't think the Global Warming hoax has much to do with it.  They are trapped in the same cycle as any other website that want lots of hits. Sensationalize. Make it look like something horrible is going to happen any minute and people  will check in every few minutes to see if they might die soon.

that's a good point cobalt.....

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That's the thing.  I don't know anyone who uses the weather channel or even talks about it.  No one says, "hey I saw something interesting on the weather channel."    "interesting" and "weather channel rarely appear in the same sentence (except just now, LOL). 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That's the thing.  I don't know anyone who uses the weather channel or even talks about it.  No one says, "hey I saw something interesting on the weather channel."    "interesting" and "weather channel rarely appear in the same sentence (except just now, LOL). 

i have the weather chanel  facebook page on my facebook news feed and they have a lot of interesting things on there that is informative...    but like all liberal things one has to pick out the liberal agenda stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/TheWeatherChannel/?brand_redir=353869824668904

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

My husband, on days he is really bored, watches it. And he has said to me at times "Shh Im watching something interesting on the weather channel." I dont think he was kidding either. 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

My husband, on days he is really bored, watches it. And he has said to me at times "Shh Im watching something interesting on the weather channel." I dont think he was kidding either. 

is one of a very few...

525883_10150959096082870_47397692_n.jpg