WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,257
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Warnings of blistering temperatures were expanded Friday to include parts of 26 states as a days-long "heat dome" scorched much of the nation, triggering dangerous thunderstorms.

From Austin to Boston, temperatures were forecast to push triple digits, with the heat index — a measure of how hot is feels — reaching 115 degrees in isolated spots. As many as 122 million Americans were under some sort of heat advisory, in an area that stretches 830,000 square miles.

And it could be even hotter on Saturday. [ Source ]

View the full article

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

The weather service exaggerates much of this. I have heard of various instances in which they have changed the temp readings a day or so afterwards. As part of the global warming stuff. Locally, they frequently give arizona tornado warnings. Which is ridiculous since we have rarely ever had a tornado (twice in 40 yrs that I know of) and it has never done damage. In arizona, our summers have been quite normal. Same with our winters. It is common to hit 115 or so in the summer. More than once. Yesterday was 113. No one batted an eye at it. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jade, we haven't even reached 100 this year.... at least at the airport here in Shawnee.    We've had years when it would hit 110 and stay above 100 for highs for weeks and weeks.  It's 4:30 now and 97....   not exactly mow the lawn weather but still not out of the ordinary.  We should hit 100 tomorrow.

all around average for the month is 94 or 95 depending on the source you use.    Oklahoma has a really wide range of temperatures, for I've seen 110 to 114 in some years.....   and that's not low humidity and it's awful, and dangerous.

13 minutes ago, other one said:

Jade, we haven't even reached 100 this year.... at least at the airport here in Shawnee.    We've had years when it would hit 110 and stay above 100 for highs for weeks and weeks.  It's 4:30 now and 97....   not exactly mow the lawn weather but still not out of the ordinary.  We should hit 100 tomorrow.

all around average for the month is 94 or 95 depending on the source you use.    Oklahoma has a really wide range of temperatures, for I've seen 110 to 114 in some years.....   and that's not low humidity and it's awful, and dangerous.

I wasnt saying that it was not dangerous. Today we have a high heat advisory too. I only mentioned that it is not abnormal weather for our area. I have been reading articles (including one a couple of hours ago) and they keep claiming the entire country is having abnormal weather. Yet we are not. 

2 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I wasnt saying that it was not dangerous. Today we have a high heat advisory too. I only mentioned that it is not abnormal weather for our area. I have been reading articles (including one a couple of hours ago) and they keep claiming the entire country is having abnormal weather. Yet we are not. 

we are not either, for it's only about three degrees above average...   our humidity is about 40% though   yuck   but that's normal also

1 minute ago, other one said:

we are not either, for it's only about three degrees above average...   our humidity is about 40% though   yuck   but that's normal also

In the past 3 days, our humidity has been as high as 53%. Currently 15%. Its our monsoon season. High temps plus humidity. I have to change clothes several times a day in order to stay dry lol.

3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

In the past 3 days, our humidity has been as high as 53%. Currently 15%. Its our monsoon season. High temps plus humidity. I have to change clothes several times a day in order to stay dry lol.

I thought you guys had dry heat....  goodness.   BTW we should be out your way in October.....   what can we expect for weather then.

15 minutes ago, other one said:

I thought you guys had dry heat....  goodness.   BTW we should be out your way in October.....   what can we expect for weather then.

It depends on when in october and where you will be. The hot weather typically breaks mid to end of the month. But even in the early part of the month the temps are decent, typically 90s. Still could be 100, but the breeze isnt the hot oven blast. And the monsoon is over so humidity is low. Sometimes we get a storm but its from california not mexico, so its not a warm storm. Helps lower the temps. Nights are cool. I doubt you will need sweaters or anything, unless you are north of phoenix. The mountains will be cold though at night. You might even have snow in the mountains. 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Been hitting the 100s here, which while it's not unheard of it is somewhat unusual...

5 hours ago, ayin jade said:

It depends on when in october and where you will be. The hot weather typically breaks mid to end of the month. But even in the early part of the month the temps are decent, typically 90s. Still could be 100, but the breeze isnt the hot oven blast. And the monsoon is over so humidity is low. Sometimes we get a storm but its from california not mexico, so its not a warm storm. Helps lower the temps. Nights are cool. I doubt you will need sweaters or anything, unless you are north of phoenix. The mountains will be cold though at night. You might even have snow in the mountains. 

We'll be over in mesa at the Westgate resort the last week of the month.