• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I think this is a duplicate. Perhaps you could delete it.

I deleted it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, RustyAngeL said:

I think I pressed the button twice, I can't delete it but I will ask one of the board mods.  Thanks

Yes, you can delete it. Go to the lower right of your post. It will say options. If you click on that one of the options will say "delete".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

I think the congregation respects their pastor for his teaching and his heart.  I have been to churches where the pastor does not have "credentials"  and they were wonderful.  

A person must always test any human who teaches them God's Word. Whomever they are. Your discernment always need to be alert.

Just now, missmuffet said:

A person must always test any human who teaches them God's Word. Whomever they are. Your discernment always need to be alert.

The bottom line is I know the truth when it is taught.  When I don't hear it I walk.  It's a simple as that.  I don't care if they have a wall full of  credentials, if they don't speak the truth I gone.

Just now, RustyAngeL said:

The bottom line is I know the truth when it is taught.  When I don't hear it I walk.  It's a simple as that.  I don't care if they have a wall full of  credentials, if they don't speak the truth I gone.

That is good. To be well grounded in God's Word is very important :)

Guest shiloh357

Billy Graham in talking about preparation for ministry once said, "if your goal is to chop down a forest, the time you spend sharpening your axe is not wasted."    A call to preach is a call to prepare.    David did not become king the day he was anointed by Samuel.   Paul did not start his missionary journeys until around 30 years after his call by God.  

Ministry isn't just preaching and teaching.  It is caring about people and being address modern issues people face in everyday life.  Pastoring is just as much a professional occupation as being a doctor or lawyer and none of us would go to a doctor or lawyer who didn't have the necessary skills to do their job.   Pastors are dealing with things that are far more important namely because they are eternal in nature.  

If you are called to be a pastor, then you need to be as prepared as you can being mentally and spiritually.   You need to be best for the Lord you can be because he will hold you to that standard.   Ignorance is not a virtue in the ministry.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings...

Such a big assignment,such a responsibility,such an anointing,a privilege an honor ....& who gets the most flack? Purpose of Calling with very little "Thank you's"

So many people have so much criticism for someone they know nothing about & something they know nothing(or very little) about,the Pastor is the fall guy,everything is his fault,people lose Faith & it is the Pastor's fault,who has believed a false doctrine,it is the Pastors fault.The congregation gets ripped off,the Pastor did it & so on

This is what the world does,it is very normal,it is carnal,,,,,we,as Christians,should be supportive & help by encouraging people & instructing them to be accountable for themselves,to have a forgiving heart,an understanding,mercy,compassion and above all,LOVE

The Word of God tells us what a Pastor is expected to be,what his responsibilities & requirements are,,,,,if he does not fir those standards then perhaps it is a good idea to find a local church that adheres to Gods Word......each one of us should raise our hand to volunteer in "helps",it is a spiritual gift also and the Body of Christ is most effective when all His members are in like mind & judgment,in one accord,,,,,Praise Jesus                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

The Apostles have nothing to do with the education that a Pastor today should have.

Actually this has everything to do with qualifications.  Apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers are spiritual gifts (Ephesians 4:11).  You are saying your personal preference is for a man to have academic qualifications before you will pay any attention.  But God says they must have the spiritual gifts, not academic qualifications.  I trust you can seen that your position is humanistic, not according to Scripture.

None one the men who went forth preaching and teaching had any academic qualifications in the New Testament.  And Paul -- who was a trained Pharisee -- considered his own such qualifications as rubbish (Philippians 3:7,8).

There is nothing wrong with a person seeking academic qualifications. BUT THOSE ARE NOT THE CRITERIA FOR SPIRITUAL MINISTRY.  And this is where the majority of evangelicals have not been taught Bible truth.

Furthermore, Jesus clearly told His apostles that they were forbidden to take any titles such Father, Rabbi, Master, etc.  Today, men have no compunction in taking the titles of Doctor, Reverend, Right Reverend, Father, etc.  That is in violation of Scripture.

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'd rather work with a pastor who has at least a basic knowledge of Scripture but has been through severe trials and even persecutions than one who is loaded up with book knowledge but very little real world knocks.

Yeah, but that will change when a basic knowledge of Scripture isn't good enough.  Everyone goes through trials and tough times, but that doesn't really qualify them for ministry.  People in congregations suffer through problems that often require more than a basic knowledge of Scripture can speak to.  Family and relationship problems require a skilled counselor and sometimes those issues are not even addressed in the Bible.

To presume that those who go to seminary have not been through trials and tribulations in life isn't really fair.    Most seminary professors are men and women who were in the field for years, who have been in countries where they ministered at great risk of their own lives.   They have been through grinder in many cases and are able to testify to God's sustaining power in those situations. 

Seminaries are not about book learning.  Much of the course work isn't even done in the classroom.  It's actually done in the field.