• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

10 hours ago, JessicaD said:

I had been praying for said person and speaking to said person how much their behavior hurts me and they apoligize but keeps doing things that hurt me.

Jessica,

Welcome. Sorry to hear about this matter, but there is nothing in Scripture that compels you to maintain a relationship after you have forgiven a person.

Forgive, forget, move away, and move on.  When we know that something is harmful to our physical, mental, or spiritual well-being, we need to move out of that situation.  There was an incident when Christ's enemies took up stones to stone Him. He simply moved away from there, and moved on.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

1. Always forgive. In many cases, forgiveness is not for the other person's sake, but for your own. God wants us to forgive not just to reach others, but for the sake of our own hearts as well, that resentment, anger, and bitterness don't build up.

2. If he will not seek help, you have the right get leaders of the church involved if it's a serious issue. More senior members, wise and God-fearing, interceding and confronting a problem is absolutely Biblical.

Matthew 18:15-17 ESV -- “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector."

Notice that you are not required to wait for this guy to do something himself. You do not need to continue suffering. You are well within your Biblical right to tell fellow Christians and get them involved. That's for your sake, as well as his; it would not be in-line with Christian love to know of this issue and not take action to try to reach this man and get him to repent and change, right?

Shame on this man if he continually hurts you and will not change, and will not seek help. He needs to get right with God and seek help from other, stronger brothers. He needs true brokenness. I will pray for both him and you. God bless, and pray every day for this guy, and yourself as well. Pray that God will strengthen you and fill you with forgiveness and kindness, and take bitterness from your heart.