Why do you believe in Jesus?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

God revealed Himself to me as a very real and personal Power Who heard me and answered my prayer.  I saw Him in nature.  Over the following year I became aware of things I had done wrong and felt very guilty about.  I knew I needed forgiveness, so I asked God to forgive me.  Immediately a doubt popped into my mind:  how did I know God would forgive me?     A song flowed through my mind that I had learned as a small child.  Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.  God would forgive me because Jesus loves me.  A strong desire to read the Bible overcame me.  I bought a New Testament and read it from cover to cover.  It became clear that the reason Jesus died was so that I could be forgiven.  I was about 13.  Since then I have spent a lifetime learning more about and experiencing more of God's incomprehensible love.  It is mind boggling that the Creator of the the universe would care for me so much that He would obey His Father God and be tortured to death in my place.  I deserve that death for my failures, not Him.  He was perfect in every way.  No other religion but Judaism reveals God in such a real and loving, personal way.  And Jesus was Jewish.  But He is also revealed as a completely just and righteous God Who hates and judges sin.  He will judge men for the atrocities committed here, but mostly for rejecting His provision for forgiveness.  Those who receive His forgiveness through Jesus Christ will live eternally with Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, angels4u said:

Ezra , this page is connected to the forums on FB , if people would ask you why only believing in Jesus can save us unto Salvation ,what about all other religions who all think they are right in what they believe?

No other religion has a Savior who not only died for the sins of the whole world, but is alive for evermore, and has the keys of Death and Hades.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,790
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 hours ago, angels4u said:

Can you explain the difference between believing and not believing in Jesus?

It will be by the activity of our lives... when I wake the first things I orientate my self to is 'thank You Father for life'
and that I love You Lord... No one can understand faith except by belief

Hebrews 11:4 (KJV)
[4] By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

[5] By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

[7] By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

It took me years to understand this truth...  I was almost ashamed of my faith because I could not satisfy the
sensual aspects that all of us were 1st born with! Then my Lord grew me to understand what I was truly saying
within myself; I was demanding the idols of my sight, sound, touch, taste, smell to dictate to me that every-
thing must be validated through them> to satisfy what is real and what is fantasy! I was in fact my own god by
demanding this structure of reason to influence me... 'ye must be born again' and this birth sees God in all
that He has done yet demands nothing from 1st born desires thru sensual perceptions to influence 2nd born
realities- it can't! Because what has happened to us is that we have been infused with Life from God (Spiritual
Life Eternal) and that is not internal nor external it simply 'IS'- (I AM that I AM) is how God puts it and there is
infinite boundless non conformed to anything except Himself Living without begin and end... and we have
been given that Life! God's Word has formed all that our senses have began in and it is natural for all of us to
trust, rely, even immerse ourselves totally to the influence of this sensuality
       BUT WE WERE DEAD IN TRESPASSES AND SINS...
       AND HOW CAN THE DEAD DEMAND LIFE IN ITSELF?
It is why God says to us "[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him"  God has so designed the path of
the righteous to be of no substance of that which passes away and when we cling to that which passes away
we cease forward progress to the eternal Jesus is leading us to by instruction of The Holy Spirit within... I am
so ashamed of the life I wasted by holding to that which is passing away and not allowing belief into the faith
formed from His Word to be that which I hold to and nothing else... I was so pig headed and strong willed that
I let that which has no value -the 1st born Steven and the system of idols (world) influence me but no more as
I have found Life in His Word and He is taking me to a place that I cannot dream, think, or guess for it is NEW
where no sin has ever been nor will ever be and I will be His an He will be mine...  Love, Steven

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I believe in Jesus because the word of God says He is real.  I have no doubt in my heart that He is alive and living in me and sitting at the Right Hand of the Father.  I see Him in my life.  I see Him in the beauty that surrounds us, and am so sure that my home is in Heaven.  I know beyond anything that He gave His life for me.  I know He died to save me from my sins and that he rose three days later.  I believe everything in His word is true from A to Z.  I just know that I know I am His forever.

Blessings RustyAngeL

Amen Rusty , I'm so glad to have Jesus in my life and to know Him as my Savior and that I'm safe in Him brings me great peace, I would be so lost and hopeless without Him. This world has nothing to offer,but Jesus Christ gives us life forever and some glad day we will see Him , Jesus who died for even me , He is so worthy to be praised and if you don't know Him, you're missing out on a great trusting relationship which gives hopes for the future and all that is before us,this world will get harder and more difficult to live in but with Jesus going before us, we need  to give  our life to Him and thank Him for dying for your sins and start  to follow Him!

For the people who don't Jesus,why not start reading the book of John in the N.T. and it will show you the way to a new an d eternal life with hope for the future.

John 16:33

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

Hebrews 12:2

Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Maranatha Jesus  please come soon,please deliver people from their trials and tribulations~

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

because I met the devil and Jesus through the holy spirit snatched me out of the devil's hand as I was about to make an eternal stupid mistake

I believe way beyond faith...

On 7/27/2016 at 11:37 AM, other one said:

because I met the devil and Jesus through the holy spirit snatched me out of the devil's hand as I was about to make an eternal stupid mistake

I believe way beyond faith...

I know another person that happened too, if people only know that the enemy is real and ugly but he can also show himself as a angel of light,this light is false,that,s why we have to be so careful in who we believe. Jesus defeated the enemy and He is glorius and victorius! Our redeemer lives!

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Angels

Very good question & I am very happy to tell you,I will try my best not too turn this reply into "My Testimony" ...lol

We are all born with "a measure of Faith"

King James Bible
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.                                          Romans 12:3

From the earliest time I can recall,I have always "believed" in Jesus,I was "taught'' the Gospel,I"heard" the Gospel & between that ,the measure of Faith God gave me and being "called out",I believed BUT even the demons "believe"

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.                                  James 2:19

I always believed that Jesus was the only One that can Save,if I wanted to get to Heaven then He is the Way ,the Truth & the Life but it was not until  I found myself very deep into the occult,practicing witchcraft(still believing Jesus was my Savior),He was not my Lord....I was lord of my life.......

My Faith was activated one dreadful yet Glorious day when I was nearly lost forever(physically & spiritually)......I was one moment,inches away,from the most fearful,horrible,terrifying,dreadful,intimidating encounter with the darkest most powerful THING I ever imagined when I dropped to my knees to scream out the Name above all names "JESUS",,,,,I never needed anyone or anything more desperately in my entire life......in complete horror,tears streaming down my face,I barely got out the first syllable "JEEE" & in less than an instant I had complete Peace,security,assuredness,safety,relief......the whole room was Filled with PEACE.....Jesus rescued me,Embraced me with His Love.....there is no match for His Power,Authority,Sovereignity,He is truly the King of kings,Lord of lords & understood then that He IS MY Living Redeemer,my Best Friend,my SAvior,my King,my LORD........Jesus touched ME,He knows my heart,He lives in me & that is why I Believe in Him                        Praise Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

John 15:16–19 (AV)
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I really can't tell you why I believe in Jesus, I just do.  For me it's not even a matter of faith it is just fact for me.  I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is alive and that He is my Savior.  When I was 15 I was saved.  I have no doubt about Him or His Word.  Good question but hard to put into words.

17 hours ago, Cletus said:

I believe in Jesus because He came to me when I was in jail.  I didnt call out to Him.  He just came to me.  First in my thoughts...

What good is your life doing?  What good are you doing for others?  What good is coming from my actions?

The questions started slow and began to come faster and faster and the answer was the same.. nothing, nothing, nothing.

It was at that moment that I felt a tremendous weight on me that was crushing me.  It made it hard to breathe.  I saw myself for the first time, even though I have looked in a mirror many times before.  I was so ashamed of who I was.  I was pure wickedness.  nothing but filth.

The I felt His presence hovering above me near the ceiling.  I became weak.  To weak to stand up.  I was sitting on my bunk and i tried to get up but i fell flat on my rump.  I began to weep heavy and just looked up at where I felt Him.  I rocked back and forth and said over and over, I'll be good, I'll be good.  Then I felt this crushing weight lift off me and I had peace. 

For years i told people my testimony and i said "He came, and took me"  but years later i was in a retired baptist preachers home during a home church meeting and I told my story and He said you were apprehended of The Lord.  I didnt even know what He did that day. 

Now before he took me i was mean.  among the meanest.  I picked a fight with another inmate just because i was bored.  wanted something to do and it was my cup of tea.  I almost killed Him.  For six weeks after the fight he lay in his bed groaning in pain and a towel wrapped around his neck like a brace.  Now after I got taken by God I decided to go get a bible from the library.  I still have this bible today.  its very precious to me.  I have a lot good memories with this bible when God would speak to me or thru me.  anyway, on the day i got released this same guy i almost killed spoke up because i was going to leave the bible there.  I had already drifted.  What he said was you gonna leave that bible?  I said yea i dont need it.  He said you are the evilest dude in here you need that bible.  now the jailer spoke up and wasnt gonna let me leave without it.  I wanted out so i didnt argue.  I planned on throwing it away later.  when i got back to the house i was squating in in was a very low valley for me.  I didnt want to kill myself but didnt want to live.  I said i have tried everything but this... looking at the bible.  I picked it up and said If you are out there God, and you care anything about me show me something.  I opened up and my eyes fixed upon  respect and obey God this is what life is all about.  Its the cev version and it was Ecclesiastes.  Deep withing me i was wanting to know the purpose of life and here it was staring me in the face.  I said ok God i'll try it your way, and I kept reading.  He began to reveal to me my life was in shambles because of the choices I had been making.  Stealing was one of them.  I said Ok God i wont steal no more unless i got to eat.  And may God strike me dead if i am lying but I have eaten everyday since then, and I could even stand to loose a few pounds. 

And its been Gods goodness and love every since.  even when i broke my promise to God and wasnt good, He still has been faithful.  So much He has done for me.  every thing I ask thats good he gives me.  every time i should have died but I didnt.  I believe in Him because He revealed Himself to me and I know Him.  I know His ways.  I know what He expects.  Everytime Its chaos inside and my head is spinning and i get that peace, and everything is more than ok. 

If anyone is reading this and dont believe in Jesus or Know Him, i got to tell you, there is nothing that compares.  He is real and If you give Him a chance you will be able to be full inside, not always wanting.  You will be satisfied even when your life says satisfaction is not obtainable. 

He is my best friend.  Not because of who i am or anything i did.  but because who HE IS.

Wonderful story Cletus , it's amazing how God get our attention, my grandmother got saved later in life and I know she was praying for me, my aunt who was already a Christian left pamphlets in our house (my parents didn't like that too much) anyway I read them and it caused me to wonder what Christianity really is and I started to read the N.T. and found Jesus as my Saviour , John 3 :16 made me realize that if I believed in Jesus I would be saved , I remember how overwhelming His love was for me when I accepting Him as my Savior. Before that I thought I was a Christian , I did go to the church,Sundayschool  but I didn't really know Jesus, I did switch churches after knowing the truth ...

I don't know what I would do if Jesus was not in my life ,where would I go without the Lord?

Amen? Someday Cletus ,we meet our wonderful Savior and see Him face to face !