LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Sometimes I think the people on here will argue about everything and anything. If I were to post the the sky is blue and grass is green. I would have at less 3 or 4 people arguing with me that the sky is really purple and the grass is not really grass at all. Please don't get mad at me by taking any of this seriously. It was meant in fun. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

We do not need to argue. That is a negative way of debating God's Word. Yes, there are some here who are caustic. There are some who will debate God's word in an adult fashion. We are not all going to agree. We need to agree to disagree in a respectful manner.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

We just need a good reason to "discuss". Actually the sky is not as blue as it used to be when I was a child and the grass has been brown and dry because of the heat and drought. So, I guess it is a matter of perspective and understanding. We all agree that there is a sky and there is grass, though.

Just now, Bluebird said:

Sometimes I think there is a type of people who find arguing entertaining. And I also think some people claim they believe something that is obviously not true just so they can upset people and feel powerful.

So do I. They feed on negative debates and they are trolls. I imagine every Christian message board has their share of them :)

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,464
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,757
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Well when you have 70,000 members there's bound to be a "FEW" of em! ;)  Our hope is to LEARN from one another! :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

I don't mind being challenged to think, or rethink.  It is good to reexamine Scriptures in the process.  Whatever gets me to dig into God's Word and examine what was really said versus what I assumed was said, has to be good and beneficial.  

When I used to paint I became aware that the things we assume to be of one color are actually filled with many different colors.  My grass is going to seed.  It has brown, yellow, orange, green, bluegreen light green and chartreuse. Even if skin may be considered white, it has pinks, browns, yellows, greens, blues lavenders and more.  Color is a wondrous creation of God.  Sometimes we assume we are seeing one when in reality we are seeing a myriad of colors.  It opens a whole new world to observe closely, and marvel at the complexity of nature. We serve a marvelous God. 

So there is nothing wrong with exchanging ideas.  It may bring us closer to truth and dispel misconceptions.   But it can be marred by sin, like anything else.  When pride gets in the way, anger, name calling, belittling, dismissing, and the like, we can make something evil out of what was originally good.  

My dad loved to debate and would try to get me to take the opposite view and then change sides defending the other view.  It irritated me at the time.  But I learned that there is more than one aspect or perspective to consider.  It opened me to seriously consider the views of others and to try to see things through their eyes.  

3 minutes ago, Willa said:

I don't mind being challenged to think, or rethink.  It is good to reexamine Scriptures in the process.  Whatever gets me to dig into God's Word and examine what was really said versus what I assumed was said, has to be good and beneficial.  

When I used to paint I became aware that the things we assume to be of one color are actually filled with many different colors.  My grass is going to seed.  It has brown, yellow, orange, green, bluegreen light green and chartreuse. Even if skin may be considered white, it has pinks, browns, yellows, greens, blues lavenders and more.  Color is a wondrous creation of God.  Sometimes we assume we are seeing one when in reality we are seeing a myriad of colors.  It opens a whole new world to observe closely, and marvel at the complexity of nature. We serve a marvelous God. 

So there is nothing wrong with exchanging ideas.  It may bring us closer to truth and dispel misconceptions.   But it can be marred by sin, like anything else.  When pride gets in the way, anger, name calling, belittling, dismissing, and the like, we can make something evil out of what was originally good.  

My dad loved to debate and would try to get me to take the opposite view and then change sides defending the other view.  It irritated me at the time.  But I learned that there is more than one aspect or perspective to consider.  It opened me to seriously consider the views of others and to try to see things through their eyes.  

That is right we are always learning. And we will still be learning when we get to heaven.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lady...

Yep & that is what makes the world go round,in a matter of speaking(lol,now someone will say,,,,,NO,God makes the world go round) It is simply the spirit of pride my Sister,Christians are not immune to it,it is one of the biggest struggles we face,,,,,,anytime you come across the "last word" folks or just gotta get "their point" across we have to pray & love them to bits!!!

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.                                       Ephesians 6:12

It is one of my favorite verses of Scripture,a daily reminder to ask Jesus to help me respond & not "react" with the carnal mind & to PRAY for each other,,,,,,,THe simplest way to end argument is to walk away,,,,,,,Praise Jesus!

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

It is an online forum. Full of people with differences of opinions. No matter what you post, people are going to disagree! That is how forums work. If everyone agreed on everything then these forums would be dead. Quite often people get on here and get mortally offended if people disagree with then, and that happens far more often then people who just "like to argue" and quite frankly, if you ask me if you can't handle disagreement.... Then perhaps you shouldn't be online, or learn to deal with it.

With that said there are those that take it to far and get mean, rude, and insulting, and those people need to learn to be nice (I think we can all be guilty of that on occasion including me) but simply disagreeing-and debating, is part of life. 

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

We do not need to argue. That is a negative way of debating God's Word. Yes, there are some here who are caustic. There are some who will debate God's word in an adult fashion. We are not all going to agree. We need to agree to disagree in a respectful manner.

Amen !