IGNORED

Bucket Lists - Do you have one? Plans and fantasies.

Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I was on another thread, and was thinking about my bucket list, There was one item, that I realized that I will never do now, but, I thought I would use that as an excuse to let people express theirs if the want.

Could be a list of things that you plan to do, or just a wish list that you might get around to doing someday, or even a list, that you realize that you won't do.

I suggest (without imposing a requirement) picking maybe 1 to 5 off your list and sharing them with us. I will start one the next post.

One thing on my bucket list that I had to get rid of, was the ambition to take my kayak on a solo trip from the head-waters of the Colorado River through 5 southwestern states, just as a beginning.  
The U.S. section of the trip, would take  forty days assuming 25 to 40 miles per day average (parts of it paddling and part of it sailing).
colorado.jpg
The ocean part of the trip, would begin at the top of the Sea of Cortez (Gulf of California) and I estimate that part of the journey would take a bit longer, being some 1900 miles and the weather on the Pacific side of Baja California being unpredictable.
I was kind of thinking, that the trip could be underwritten by suncreen, a fitness center, freeze dried survival/camping food and the like. Video footage of course would play into this, and if this were undertaken in modern time, Youtube ad revenue would fit in as well. Some food augmentation would come from fishing, so tackle endorsement would fit in too, who knows, maybe some big bank would want to have a commercial about loans to make your dreams come true.

kayaktrip.jpg

The suscreen requiements would be impressive, but the most challenging part of the journey (apart from the sheer physical ordeals) would be water requirements. I think there are ways around that, but I never research it that far. If worse came to worse, I could tow water with me, if I did not think I could procduce enough or carry enough on board the craft between restocking.

The yellow line on the map represents the approximate water route of the sea part of the journey, originating from the top to the Sea of Cortez, around the tip of Baja California, then up the Pacific coast to Los Angeles, the area where I lived when I consiced this idea. If I were to rethink that, I would probably quit around San Deigo, California instead.

Why did I abandon this from my bucket list? I got married, did not want my wife to worry, then I have 5 children, who needed a dad who would not endanger himself just to have an adventure. Then basically, I became too old, too out of shape, and too wise to embark on such things with no sensible purpose.

I might have reconsidered this, with modifications to modern times, like suing a mass funding site and pledges, for mileage accomplished with proceeds going to feed and evangelize native peoples of the southwest United States and Mexico.

Trip Beginning

headwaters.jpg

Lake Powell

powell.jpg

Grand Canyon Shoreline

grand_canyon.jpg

Sea of Cortez

cortez.jpg

Pacific Ocean off coast of Baja

pacificbaja.jpg

Return to civilization - California

civilization.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

God's world is truly amazing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

That would be an amazing trip!!! You could do a small portion of it. I always wanted to do one of those trips where you horseback ride up the river and whitewater raft down it.

6 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

God's world is truly amazing.

It truly is! Had we lived as long as the 900 year old people of old, we could never have see it all. Thankfully for Christians, we have all eternity to wonder at the things that God has prepared for us. Imagine that!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Maybe the Lord has one for me. I guess whatever that is He will provide.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 minute ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

It truly is! Had we lived as long as the 900 year old people of old, we could never have see it all. Thankfully for Christians, we have all eternity to wonder at the things that God has prepared for us. Imagine that!

As the song says, "I can only imagine"

8 minutes ago, seraph said:

That would be an amazing trip!!! You could do a small portion of it. I always wanted to do one of those trips where you horseback ride up the river and whitewater raft down it.

Yes, it would be amazing, and I could do part of it, a tiny part of it.

I think your idea would also, be fun, and more practical. I have done white-water rafting, and it was truly a hoot. I love horseback riding, but, I also understand saddle sore, plan accordingly!

15 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Maybe the Lord has one for me. I guess whatever that is He will provide.

Maybe you are already living the dream missmuffet!

Oh DUH!

I forgot that I still have one thing on my bucket list to share, a hiking trip to Havasu Falls, I might still pull this on off yet, I am in training for it a bit, then would also, seek recommendations from my doctor, I doubt I would get her approval though.

havasuhike.jpg

If I ever plan this, I'll try to let you know when, and I'll meet you  there!