IGNORED

Bucket Lists - Do you have one? Plans and fantasies.

Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

It truly is! Had we lived as long as the 900 year old people of old, we could never have see it all. Thankfully for Christians, we have all eternity to wonder at the things that God has prepared for us. Imagine that!

I God allows I would like to explore the Universe when He takes me home.:)

41 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

1. Hike the Appalachian Trail

2. Hike the Pacific Crest Trail

3. Live one year in Israel

4. Build a cabin in the woods

5. Deep sea fishing in the Gulf

I live in the woods. The owner of this 10 acre home in the country in the woods has a ton of maintenance. Trees fall down, the pump goes out.....etc.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I God allows I would like to explore the Universe when He takes me home.:)

I used to think about that, but I am not sure there will be universe to explore then. We will no longer need the stars

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. 17 God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth,18 and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good.19 There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.

and

And all the host of heaven will wear away, And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll; All their hosts will also wither away As a leaf withers from the vine, Or as one withers from the fig tree.

and 

"But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

and

And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

so maybe I agree with Peter:

7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

The heavens declare His handy work, but then, we will all know, and no longer need that declaration, for we shall see Him as He is.

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I used to think about that, but I am not sure there will be universe to explore then. We will no longer need the stars

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. 17 God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth,18 and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good.19 There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.

and

And all the host of heaven will wear away, And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll; All their hosts will also wither away As a leaf withers from the vine, Or as one withers from the fig tree.

and 

"But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

and

And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

so maybe I agree with Peter:

7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

The heavens declare His handy work, but then, we will all know, and no longer need that declaration, for we shall see Him as He is.

Their will be a new heaven and a new Earth but I am not sure about all the other stuff such as the planets we have now.

29 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Miss Muffet, I am not saying this to knock your dream, but there are a couple of things you should know about owning a home. I had one for 12 years, and even after I say what I have to say, I miss it terribly...

You are right to not want a mortgage; the interest on a 30 year loan is a ripoff. Beyond that, one of the most important things to know about houses is wood rots. This gets to be an incredible nuisance if your exterior siding is wood (guess how I learned that detail!) Large appliances like the device that heats and cools your house are really expensive to repair or replace. I had a heat pump, which did well for those 12 years, but I dreaded trying to replace it someday... And contractors! Many many of them are really dishonest! I was living out there alone, so maybe it was because I'm a woman, but every contractor I had out there did the worst job! It drove me to tears until I met my husband and he started fixing things. My oldest sister lives alone in a different state and she had the same problem with those men... I lost my house when I lost my health, but I wouldn't buy again if I could. It was really more trouble than it was worth.

On the down side of renting is you never know when the owner will decide to sell the house or move back in. Then you have to find another place. My son and I have moved 5 times in ten years because of unfortunate circumstances such as those. One neighborhood we lived in was a nightmare.We only stayed a year. I told myself I would never ever live in another neighborhood.

The advantage of renting is......no property taxes. :)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

The advantage of renting is......no property taxes.

Well really, not even that. The owner of the property, pays property tax. The owner, passes that cost onto the renter. The advantage to the renter there, is not having to file and pay property tax installments, but they still make the payments in the long run.

That being said, I would like to try to get the topic back on track, that of bucket lists.

Guest shiloh357
20 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Think any of those will happen Shiloh?

The Appalachian Trail, God willing.   I love log cabins but the logistics are just not doable.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

do it before you get older Shiloh....  neither of us here are physically capable of that now, and we used to love it so much when we were first married.   Back when we were capable we didn't have the time or money to be away from home that much.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

LOL,,,,"no"     Seems like such a boring answer but the truth of it is I believe I have done everything I ever hoped or dreamed of doing,,,,,God has been so good to me,in my 60 years I feel like I have done more than 5 or 6 people could do in a lifetime,,,,

I do,however,have great expectations for the future,I am very excited to see where God Will lead and what lies ahead.As long as I can talk to people ,spread the Gospel & Glorify God,I'm happy.....I hope for many many more years of Ministry opportunities                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

LOL,,,,"no"     Seems like such a boring answer but the truth of it is I believe I have done everything I ever hoped or dreamed of doing,,,,,God has been so good to me,in my 60 years I feel like I have done more than 5 or 6 people could do in a lifetime,,,,

I do,however,have great expectations for the future,I am very excited to see where God Will lead and what lies ahead.As long as I can talk to people ,spread the Gospel & Glorify God,I'm happy.....I hope for many many more years of Ministry opportunities                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

You still have not been to outer space yet, so you have stuff to do.  Hop to it!!   :24: