IGNORED

Bucket Lists - Do you have one? Plans and fantasies.

Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

lol.....you're right Brother,although in the 70's I thought I went to outer space:wub:                             Love ya Shiloh

• 4 years later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

It was never on my bucket list to become and artist, but I guess I have anyway. Then it became a part of that pursuit to benefit others. Now I am working on making that part work, so I guess I can add to my bucket list to be successful in that regard, so specifically, my list now has on it the goal of self promotion, marketing, so that others will benefit from my efforts, God willing!

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,060
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  96

My bucket list was granted a thousand times over. 

I was a young man when the Spirit of the Lord called to me, taking me out of this world and planting my feet on a path toward Jesus Christ. I witnessed many astonishing things during the four years I spent with those whom His Spirit led me to, rejoicing that the Almighty had shown such favor to one so undeserving as myself.

I had never amounted to anything in this world but in the Lord there is no need of such things. Indeed, a beautiful shofar was entrusted to my care and I was honored to sound the horn by my brother's side; our shofars could be heard for miles around the countryside. I had found my reason and purpose for persisting in this world: to serve the Lord who called my name. 

Even the most discerning of my brothers, to whom the Lord revealed much, could not foresee my fall. I struggled against that which I could not comprehend --- feelings and emotions common to my fellow man but devastating to one with autism --- something which was a mystery to us all. The agony was unbearable so after placing the shofar into the hands of my brother I fled the company of the saints headlong into calamity.  

Decades later when I left the bed of my affliction to die in the wilderness of the high desert, I cried out to the Lord whom I had failed. Christ had shown such favor to one so undeserving and all I had to show for my inheritance was folly, misery, and despair. My only solace was many miles distant; I thanked our Father in heaven that I was afforded the honor of laying down my life for the woman who cared for me night and day. 

I could no longer bear the slow death and determined to put an end to my suffering. I collapsed to the ground in exhaustion, declared the righteousness of His judgment, placed the muzzle of a gun to my head and pulled the trigger... but the bullet didn't fire. In that moment I found myself in the presence of the Lord and the brilliance of His glory. I couldn't see nor speak but the Holy Spirit was upon me and He took me into His hand.

The silence seemed to last for forever. At last Christ declared His righteous judgment: He granted that I should live and not die. I would never taste death; His work in me had only just begun. I lacked the strength to rise so in His mercy the Lord gave me the strength to stand upright. When He told me to stand and dispose of the firearm I found that I possessed the strength to do as He commanded. 

When the end came I faced my only desire in this life: to serve the Son of God with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength. Our Father in heaven heard my cry and granted the desire of my heart, transforming my suffering into gladness and the misery of despair, into joy everlasting. 

Every day my "bucket list" is granted by Jesus Christ who set me free. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Eye has not see nor ear heard of those things that God has prepared for those who love Him

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Mine is simpler than most. My wife and I want to go out and see many areas of the USA that we didn’t get a chance when we’re raising our four kids. We did see a lot of the country with them, but still want to go to Maine, Oregon, many parts of Tennessee, Idaho, etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Half fantasy, half plan: Learn Russian and travel the Trans Siberian Railway. But my father has heart problems and i still remember when i told him "How i wish i could visit the Algerian desert and see their oases...". I couldn't finish my sentence. Yet, i am slowly learning Russian.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I want(ed) to live for at least 5 years in each major cultural group/continent.  For example, 5 years in North America, 5 in South America, 5 in Asia, 5 in Europe, 5 in the Middle East, 5 in Africa... and learn the language and adapt to the culture in each place.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,263
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  1

Got a few places my wife and I would l would like to take our kids before they get too old. Europe for one. Western US, Canadian Rockies. We might try for the latter this coming summer. 

I would personally like to travel across Canada by train some time.

Edited by teddyv
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

1. Get a bucket. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

After going through cancer and its treatment, I cant stand the term bucket list. It  seems so depressing. However I have a celebration of life list, things I want to do now that I have survived.

• Loved it! 1