• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Is it okay to pray as usual asking and begging God to do things for us?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i don't know about begging... but just talking to him and asking him to help with things is ok in my books.  I have found that most of the time it works out better for me if I ask him to help me accomplish things....   lots of times as i try to work things out he makes things happen to let me accomplish it.   There have been some outright gifts that I asked for.

he told us to ask and we would receive....  however some things are not necessarily good for us and the answer is no.

Another think I have noticed over the 69 years that I have been here, I have asked him to part waters for me to do something and the answer was no.....   and after a time i would figure out that he didn't part the water so he could teach me to swim.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Luke 11:1 states: "Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when He finished, one of His disciples said to Him, 'Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.'"

We do not want to pray in our old ways, asking and begging. We want to come before Him as His Bride, drawing near to Him in a deep place of intimacy, and just be. When we are near Him, He is able to dwell in us more fully. From this posture everyone we encounter will be impacted by His presence in us.

By praying the scriptures in the epistles of Paul that pertain to our inheritance in Christ we come to know who we are in Christ; the power that is flowing through us and our authority over sickness, distractions, or other issues of life. Our body is the temple of God and we have the right to take authority over every area of it – spirit, soul, and body.

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 7/23/2016 at 6:38 PM, other one said:

i don't know about begging... but just talking to him and asking him to help with things is ok in my books.  I have found that most of the time it works out better for me if I ask him to help me accomplish things....   lots of times as i try to work things out he makes things happen to let me accomplish it.   There have been some outright gifts that I asked for.

he told us to ask and we would receive....  however some things are not necessarily good for us and the answer is no.

Another think I have noticed over the 69 years that I have been here, I have asked him to part waters for me to do something and the answer was no.....   and after a time i would figure out that he didn't part the water so he could teach me to swim.

Actually that is an excellent analogy.  This life is really about swimming and sometimes just treading water.  Your right the answer is not always yes and it is not always no, sometimes it's "just wait".  I think that is sometimes the hardest.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

On 7/25/2016 at 0:38 AM, Albert Finch said:

Luke 11:1 states: "Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when He finished, one of His disciples said to Him, 'Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.'"

We do not want to pray in our old ways, asking and begging.

continue reading, please. 

Jesus teaches them to pray by first praising God for who He is and what He has done, 
and second by asking Him for forgiveness, and for our basic needs. 

i don't know why you make a distinction between 'asking' and 'begging' -- in my mind, they are hardly separable, except perhaps that begging carries a connotation of increased humility while asking. 

perhaps you are saying we should not be humble before Him, and that we should demand of Him, as though HE is our servant to be ordered about? 
i don't think you will find that expressed in how Jesus teaches us to pray. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

On 7/25/2016 at 0:38 AM, Albert Finch said:

our old ways

considering that none of us are more than 2,000 years old, 
even "our old ways" are chronologically after the cross. :laugh: