okay i am new to this state

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

hello. i am definitely needing advice.. i am new to the state that i just move ok city. i am trying to look for more people to social with! i am going out looking for work and i will be going to another school later on. but i want to make sure what is the best way to handle social life. because i can talk to people i have no problems with that, but it's just being able to approach people in a new area. what should i do? this state is pretty friendly. i want some great tips on this. thank you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

depends on what kind of social life you are looking for and where you are located....  Oklahoma City is a very diverse place in total, but sectioned off to some extent.   If you are on the NW side of town around Bethany, I would attend the Church of Nazarene to find  decent loving people who will welcome you into thier lives....  I live in Shawnee about 30 miles east of OKC.

There are many many good churches here, but I am a bit partial to that group of people.

i would start looking for friends in whatever church you are comfortable in.    School friends tend to just come along as things kind of fall in place if you leave your self open to meet people.  But you do need to leave yourself open.  When you see someone that looks interesting to you look them in the eye with an expression that you would like to meet them and just say Hi.   It's really that easy.

But then....   I can talk to a door knob and be easy about it.   Makes it good to be able to  talk to people when you ar traveling

yes i am comfortable with opening myself off to people. that wouldn't be hard for me. church of nazarene can you get that address? how many people are there? i saw a couple of baptist churches here that look pretty cool. 

i just look up their facebook page this is really cool. i enjoy seeing this definitely gotta see about going. 

oh wow i am seeing a quite a bit of different baptist churches now that is going to be enjoyable for me. i cant wait! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Oklahoma is a very good place to live. I think you will enjoy it here

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, mshienie said:

oh wow i am seeing a quite a bit of different baptist churches now that is going to be enjoyable for me. i cant wait! 

I've been to both Council Road Baptist Church and Bethany First Church of the Nazarene and recommend both.