IGNORED

Bible passages to read when going through a hard time?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I know it was not asked. But let me share. I had not known how easy that is to support this with body language: Convince yourself – I am in a receaving attitude. Try this: Raise both arms – pull it down from heaven. Know that we are receaving from the Word. In downward movement - Just saying and repeating: Yes, yes, yes (continue to speak it loud 50 times) than 20 seconds both arms up and receave.

An inward saying Yes! Helps switching. I want the 100% for god. It is all about getting out of the general mistrust.

It is verry helpfull to: Say to my mind - that this is actually the right path. I love to be in this !! I am meeting god. I am shure he shows something to me.

May be the first expressions of trust. Continue with singing. Care for the small things to build up an attitude that is supportive. Do a little more of this – or simmilar stuff that worked well for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I think of Proverbs 3:5-6 all the time, especially when in hard times.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Lots of good posts in this topic.  Thanks, everyone.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Many of the psalms come to mind.  Psalms 61: 1-4 

Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer.  Psa 61:2  From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  Psa 61:3  For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy.  Psa 61:4  I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah

Psalms 104

Psa 104:1  Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, You are very great: You are clothed with honor and majesty, Psa 104:2  Who cover Yourself with light as with a garment, Who stretch out the heavens like a curtain. Psa 104:3  He lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters, Who makes the clouds His chariot, Who walks on the wings of the wind, Psa 104:4  Who makes His angels spirits, His ministers a flame of fire. (and the rest)

Psm 25 

To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. Psa 25:2  O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me. Psa 25:3  Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed; Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause. Psa 25:4  Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths. Psa 25:5  Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day. Psa 25:6  Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindnesses, For they are from of old. Psa 25:7  Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; According to Your mercy remember me, For Your goodness' sake, O LORD. Psa 25:8  Good and upright is the LORD; Therefore He teaches sinners in the way. Psa 25:9  The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way. Psa 25:10  All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth, To such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.

psm  20

May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble; May the name of the God of Jacob defend you; Psa 20:2  May He send you help from the sanctuary, And strengthen you out of Zion; Psa 20:3  May He remember all your offerings, And accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah Psa 20:4  May He grant you according to your heart's desire, And fulfill all your purpose. Psa 20:5  We will rejoice in your salvation, And in the name of our God we will set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions. Psa 20:6  Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven With the saving strength of His right hand.

Psa 20:7  Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the LORD our God. Psa 20:8  They have bowed down and fallen; But we have risen and stand upright. Psa 20:9  Save, LORD! May the King answer us when we call.

Psm 19 

The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork. Psa 19:2  Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge. Psa 19:3  There is no speech nor language Wheretheir voice is not heard. Psa 19:4  Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun, Psa 19:5  Which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, And rejoices like a strong man to run its race. Psa 19:6  Its rising is from one end of heaven, And its circuit to the other end; And there is nothing hidden from its heat. Psa 19:7  The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; Psa 19:8  The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; Psa 19:9  The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the LORD are true andrighteous altogether.Psa 19:10  More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Psa 19:11  Moreover by them Your servant is warned, And in keeping them there is great reward. Psa 19:12  Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults. Psa 19:13  Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, And I shall be innocent of great transgression. Psa 19:14  Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.

Psm 30

I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up, And have not let my foes rejoice over me. Psa 30:2  O LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me. Psa 30:3  O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Psa 30:4  Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. Psa 30:5  For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning. Psa 30:6  Now in my prosperity I said, "I shall never be moved." Psa 30:7  LORD, by Your favor You have made my mountain stand strong; You hid Your face, and I was troubled. Psa 30:8  I cried out to You, O LORD; And to the LORD I made supplication: Psa 30:9  "What profit is there in my blood, When I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your truth? Psa 30:10  Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper!" Psa 30:11  You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, Psa 30:12  To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Psm 32, 33, 

Psm 34

I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psa 34:2  My soul shall make its boast in the LORD; The humble shall hear of it and be glad. Psa 34:3  Oh, magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together. Psa 34:4  I sought the LORD, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears. Psa 34:5  They looked to Him and were radiant, And their faces were not ashamed. Psa 34:6  This poor man cried out, and the LORD heard him, And saved him out of all his troubles. Psa 34:7  The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them. Psa 34:8  Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

So many others.  I love the psalms.  But if worse gets to worse, I read Job.