• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Very simple question: how does one go about pleading the blood of Jesus?  What does that entail?  Scripture would be much appreciated, thanks. :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "Is pleading the blood of Jesus biblical?"

Answer:
“Pleading the blood of Jesus” in prayer is a teaching that can be traced to some of the early leaders of the Word of Faith movement. When people speak of “pleading the blood of Jesus in prayer” they are referring to the practice of “claiming” the power of Christ over any and every problem by using the phrase “I plead the blood of Jesus over _______.”

“Pleading the blood of Jesus” has no basis whatsoever in Scripture. No one in the Bible ever “pleads the blood” of Christ. Those who “plead the blood” do so as if there was something magical in those words or as if by using them their prayer is somehow more powerful. This teaching is born from the misguided and heretical view of prayer that prayer is really nothing more than a way of manipulating God to get what we want rather than praying for His will to be done. The whole Word of Faith movement is founded on the false teaching that faith is a force and, if we pray with enough faith, then God guarantees us health, wealth, and happiness and will deliver us from every problem and every situation. In this view, God is simply a way to get what we want instead of being the holy, sovereign, perfect, and righteous Creator that the Bible
reveals Him to be.

Those who teach this Word-Faith falsehood have an exalted view of man and our “rights” to plead what we want and get God to respond the way we want. This is in opposition to true biblical faith exemplified by Paul’s life and his approach to suffering and trials. Paul wrote that “all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution” (2 Timothy 3:12). But Word of Faith teaches that, if we suffer or are sick or struggle with sin, it is because we do not have enough faith or that we are not pleading the blood of Jesus to claim what is rightfully ours. But we do not see Paul pleading the blood of Christ or claiming what is “rightfully his” when he was faced with trials and persecution. Instead, we see his unwavering faith in Christ no matter what the situation: “I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that day” (2 Timothy 1:12).

Paul had “learned in whatever state I am in to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:11–13). Paul’s faith was in Christ alone, and he could say with conviction, “The Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be the glory forever and ever, Amen!” (2 Timothy 4:18).

“Pleading the blood” as it is commonly practiced has more in common with mysticism—reciting a magical formula and hoping it works—than it does with biblical prayer. Saying certain words does not make our prayers magically more powerful. Furthermore, “pleading the blood” of Christ is not needed to defeat Satan. He has already been defeated, and, if we are truly born again, Satan has no power over us other than what God allows for His purpose and glory. Colossians 1:13 makes this perfectly clear: “For He has delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son in whom we have redemption through His blood, the remission of sins.”

Rather than “pleading the blood” of Christ for protection or power, Christians should obey the command in James 4:7, “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” Rather than practicing an unbiblical model of prayer, we are to follow the simple precepts of Scripture—leading a pure life before God, taking captive all our thoughts to avoid giving sin a place, confessing our sins when we fail those first two precepts, and putting on the full armor of God as outlined in Ephesians 6:13–17.

The Bible gives us numerous instructions in victorious living in Christ, and pleading “the blood of Jesus” is not one of them. We have been cleansed by the blood of Christ, and He is our High Priest and mediator who “always lives to make intercession” for us (Hebrews 7:25). As His sheep we are already under His protection; we simply need to live day by day trusting in Him for what He has already promised and provided.

http://www.gotquestions.org/pleading-the-blood.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I heard that expression in pentecostal circles long before Word of Faith existed.  So I have to disagree with got questions this time.  Perhaps it comes more from the scripture that satan  was overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony.   Rev. 12:11.  The hymn "there's power in the Blood" was written in 1899 by Lewis E. Jones.   

There Is Power In The Blood
Would you be free from your burden of sin?
There's power in the blood, power in the blood
Would you o'er evil the victory win?
There's wonderful power in the blood
Would you be whiter, much whiter than snow?
Sin stains are lost in its life-giving flow
There is power, power, wonder-working power
In the blood of the Lamb
In the precious blood of the Lamb
Would you do service for Jesus, your King?
Would you live daily His praises to sing?
In the blood of the Lamb
There is power, power, ----etc.

Does anybody here ever pleaded the blood of Jesus?  Have you felt directed by the Holy Spirit to do so?  I would like to know persona experiences of this also.  Thanks.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

12 hours ago, *Zion* said:

Very simple question....
how does one go about pleading the blood of Jesus....
What does that entail?  Scripture would be much appreciated, thanks....

:sherlock:

I

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. Hebrews 9:12

Plead

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Revelation 12:11

The Blood  Of Jesus

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Hebrews 13:20

How About

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

You.....

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

~

PS: The Blood Of The Lamb Of God
Highly Offends Most Mankind, So They Mock And Jeer
But.... He Will Put All Men To Their Knees By His Power And His Glory

For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. Romans 14:7-9

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

5 hours ago, Willa said:

I heard that expression in Pentecostal circles long before Word of Faith existed.  So I have to disagree with got questions this time.  Perhaps it comes more from the scripture that satan  was overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony.   Rev. 12:11.  The hymn "there's power in the Blood" was written in 1899 by Lewis E. Jones.   

There Is Power In The Blood
Would you be free from your burden of sin?
Would you o'er evil the victory win?
Would you be whiter, much whiter than snow?
Sin stains are lost in its life-giving flow
In the blood of the Lamb
In the precious blood of the Lamb
Would you do service for Jesus, your King?
Would you live daily His praises to sing?
In the blood of the Lamb
There is power, power,
----etc.

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen~!

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. Hebrews 9:22

Even Baptist Kids Sang It

Thank you for your responses, I realise I have to clarify my question a bit.  When I repent I ask for forgiveness and ask Jesus to cleanse me from my sins with His blood.  Then yesterday during Sunday service the preacher talked about pleading the blood of Jesus, a term that I had heard before but realised I didn't really understand it.  

Have I been pleading His blood all this time?  I understand the covenant of the the blood of Jesus, and that He shed it for the remission of our sins, but there other aspects of this covenant that people claim are in effect, namely protection and healing.

I don't want to negate those things as results of the remission of sins and reconciliation and restoration unto God, but I want to understand how they relate and fit into the picture concerning the blood covenant we have as being born again with the blood of Jesus. 

What exactly does pleading the blood entail?  Thank you.

13 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

What exactly does pleading the blood entail....

Beloved, It's A Word-Of-Faith Thing

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; Romans 10:8

And A Heart-Matter Thing

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

And You Are Loved

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10

Great Questions

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:11

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, *Zion* said:

Does anybody here ever pleaded the blood of Jesus?  Have you felt directed by the Holy Spirit to do so?  I would like to know persona experiences of this also.  Thanks.

I had an experience with this matter in the past.

That's how understand their teaching on this matter.

We had to plea the blood of jesus over our children and the rest of our family and our selfs .

Over our clothes , our belongings, our thoughts , over everything you can thing off to cleanse and protect from evil spirits.

This way you got your peace that the devil can not touch you, he sees the blood of Jesus and flees.

This practice  also besides the cleansing and protection from evil, also have a strong satisfaction that the devil can see the blood and flees in great fear, that made you very happy, because now it is not the believer that is afraid of the devil, but it is the devil who is afraid of the believer and everything else that is cover by the blood of Jesus.

Now I can tell you what happened.

One day I remember that I did not plea the blood of Jesus over something, and a fear came over me, that it is without the protection of the blood and immediately I plea the blood of Jesus and I got my peace .

Then immediately I remember something else without the covering of the blood of Jesus, and pleaded the blood and the fear was gone.

This happened repeatedly till sudendly I come to understand that this practice invites  fear and then you have to plea the blood to get your peace ,

I realize that this was not from God, I felt tormented by fear till I plea the blood.

And I remembered the scripture that said, what is from fear is not from God.

And imediadly I turned my back to this practice , what they call, renounced it, and the fear was gone, the torment was gone .

Peace came to me , I was free. 

This is according to my experience and I thank the Lord who let me have this experience and I can tell the difference, I learn how the truth the truth can set someone free from errors , that have a Godly appearance .

Thanks God that help me to see that I was motivated by the fear of the devil, and     that was not without any reason 

33 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

Have I been pleading His blood all this time....
I understand the covenant of the the blood of Jesus, and that He shed it for the remission of our sins....
but there other aspects of this covenant that people claim are in effect....
namely protection and healing....

Faith

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

And The

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. Job 13:15

Faith Walkers

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. Jeremiah 17:14