• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Perhaps This Will Help
Perhaps Not

And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat

And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it. Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof. And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire. And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD's passover.

For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.

And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt. Exodus 12:7-13

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, *Zion* said:

What exactly does pleading the blood entail?

If anything it is the Lord Jesus Christ -- our Advocate with the Father -- who pleads His own blood as having been applied to your soul, and being available for daily cleansing.  In other words, the defilement and guilt of sin has been removed, and continues to be removed by the blood of the Lamb of God (1 John 1:7; 2:1-2).

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin...My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Thanks guys once again.   I know the cleansing aspect is fundamental but does anyone have anything more to say about the healing and protection aspect of this pleading?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sis,,,

I am sure you appreciate Brother Joe's Scriptures as I do,excellent! Willa is correct,it is very common with the Pentecostals an d I agree with here 100%,I have to disagree with gotquestions.org   they are usually pretty good but I don't think so in this case,,,,,,also,Ezra's reply is spot on,,,,,great Thread!

Sis,I "plead the Blood" often ,though I am not a "Pentecostal" I have learned much from them & I do attend a Pentecostal church(& a non-denominational),,,,,,,BUt pleading the Blood is most beneficial in Spiritual Warfare,we "speak" to declare & decree as we Stand on the Position of Victory by the POwer of the Holy Spirit with all Authority given us by Jesus ,,,,,,you see,there is no "magic" in the words but there is Power in those Words,,,,you are claiming wchat is rightfully yours before the enemy,the enemy must "hear" because only God can know a man's heart & what He is praying silently(his thoughts),,,,,,

Spiritual Warfare is all about the Sword of the Spirit,the Shield of Faith,,,the Full Armor of God,,,,,,the Sword is Gods Word,what is Written,,,,,I plead the Blood over my entire house ,every doorway,threshold & window,,,,,just as it was done at Passover,only I didn't need to slaughter a lamb,the Lamb of God is the Blood that was already shed & we remind the enemy of Gods Truth whenever he comes to steal,kill * destroy,,,,,Praise Jesus!                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, *Zion* said:

Thanks guys once again.   I know the cleansing aspect is fundamental but does anyone have anything more to say about the healing and protection aspect of this pleading?  

The healing of sickness and disease is already included in the finished work of Christ, and Christ's presence in and with the believer provides protection.  This does not automatically mean that we are guaranteed perfect health at all times, or Christians will not be martyred for their faith, or attacked by the enemies of Christ and Christians. Paul, who was a faithful apostle, was constantly under attack. And all the apostles became martyrs.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

The understanding of pleading the blood really has to an understanding of a court case being decided before a Judge.

We have an adversary who's warring against us -- the accuser of the brethren --

Rev 12:10  And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.

He's bringing accusations, slander, and trying to find fault in our lives.

Thus we have an advocate who is our defense lawyer.

1 John 2:1  My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Remember we're warring with the enemy night and day, and FREEDOM ONLY COMES when you WALK IN IT!  If you don't assert your victory, or your freedom in Jesus -- you will not fulfill your calling to live a life of victory and power!

Luke 10:19-20  Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.  Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

When someone pleads the blood -- they are in essence claiming FREEDOM and DELIVERANCE from the power of the enemy over their lives -- because we have that AUTHORITY in His Name!

In essence, you are declaring to every demonic power -- My sin is covered by the blood of the lamb -- I'm made righteous by the blood of Jesus -- and I'm declaring His victory over every power of darkness in His Name!

This is my understanding of when I plead the blood of Jesus.  I'm declaring I will walk in His victory -- in His blood -- in power of forgiveness in His blood -- in His righteousness -- because He's called me to be FREE!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Thank you George, and my continued thanks to all responses.  I heartily agree with much of has been said, but I wonder if there is any more to expound upon of the healing aspect of the covenant of the blood of Jesus.  I don't know if there is any scripture to support it, but one that alludes to it comes to mind, paraphrasing: by His stripes we are healed.  I know that the Lord is our healer - that is one of the titles that His Name holds, but what of His blood, which speaks better things than that of Abel?

Thanks muchly to all :)

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

10 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

Thank you George, and my continued thanks to all responses.  I heartily agree with much of has been said, but I wonder if there is any more to expound upon of the healing aspect of the covenant of the blood of Jesus.  I don't know if there is any scripture to support it, but one that alludes to it comes to mind, paraphrasing: by His stripes we are healed.  I know that the Lord is our healer - that is one of the titles that His Name holds, but what of His blood, which speaks better things than that of Abel?

I think the most important thing to understand is this
Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

and the physical address of this blood That 'IS' The Life of
Jesus has moved to a Place where satan can no longer be
Jn 17
Col 3

satan wants in any way to make important that which he still controls.... but the delivered saint has now this
place formed by His Word... don't walk on the ground because the ground is the ground - which is idolatry but
walk upon 'Let It Be'  the Spiritual essence of ground... Love, Steven

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

2 hours ago, *Zion* said:

The reality is concerning healing, we are called to pray for the sick!  

James 5:14-15  Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.  And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 

At our congregation in Israel, we'll pray over, anoint and ask the Lord to heal believing if we don't do so, we're actually committing the sin of omission by not doing as the Lord instructed.  And I believe the reason we don't see more healings today all across all the churches around the world is simply because we have not, because we ask not!

However, there's a segment of believers that believes that if someone doesn't get healed, it's their fault -- or a lack of faith on their behalf.  Little do they realize how destructive these words are!   If anyone had the faith to be healed, it would have been Paul!  And yet, Paul says in 2 Cor 12:8-9 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.  But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

So be sure that the teaching of healing comes with a delicate balance in a Biblical perspective. :)

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Mat 8:14  WEB  When Jesus came into Peter’s house, he saw his wife’s mother lying sick with a fever. 15  He touched her hand, and the fever left her. She got up and served him.  16  When evening came, they brought to him many possessed with demons. He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick;

Mat 8:17  that it might be fulfilled which was spoken through Isaiah the prophet, saying, “He took our infirmities, and bore our diseases.”  Isaiah 53:5  Isa 53:4  Surely he has borne our sickness, and carried our suffering; yet we considered him plagued, struck by God, and afflicted.  Isa 53:4  YLTSurely our sicknesses he hath borne, And our pains—he hath carried them, And we—we have esteemed him plagued, Smitten of God, and afflicted.This is actually the verse prior to "by His stripes we are healed".  

The margins of my NKJV says that griefs is literally sickness and sorrows is literally pains.  So the World English Version (WEB) is more accurate in this case.  It is closer to the way Matthew also quotes the verse.  It was also translated this way by Young's Literal Translation back in the late 1800s.   I take this to mean that Jesus also bore our diseases on the cross and took both them and our sins, suffering for all our imperfection.  God can't look on imperfection of any kind, which is why Jesus had to be the perfect Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.  Looking at it this way, applying His blood to our sickness and infirmity is logical.  And it would seem that by His stripes we are healed has application to physical healing.  The next passage v.6 is definitely speaking of sin and evil.  I have heard it taught that "by His stripes we are healed" only applied to sin and not to sickness, but I don't believe this is true.  "Pleading the blood" is just applying the finished work of the cross to our situation.  It is refuting the doubts, fears and lies of the enemy that God doesn't heal or can't or won't or doesn't want to heal this.  Nothing is too hard for God or is beyond His loving power.  So again I am also preaching to myself again.