• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, George said:

The reality is concerning healing, we are called to pray for the sick!  

James 5:14-15  Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.  And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 

This is exactly what they did in a church that I went to, and they were very caring and loving people .

They prayed for everyone who asked for prayers, they never inquire about the background of the faith or the culture  of the person , they prayed for people in need for prayer, I show some Hindus, and other religious backgrounds, they prayed for their sick, and some came back to give testimonies . 

If I may, James gave this instruction to Churches, where elders accept this responsibility, and was incouraging them to practice it, and if not, to begin to practice it.

I don't believe he was limiting prayer for the sick only in this form, he knew what the Lord had said, to pray for one another , and where even any two of you (any believers) are gather together I am with you, and Jesus saying that, I am sure he did not exclude his presence from a believer who prays on his own. 

At our congregation in Israel, we'll pray over, anoint and ask the Lord to heal believing if we don't do so, we're actually committing the sin of omission by not doing as the Lord instructed.  And I believe the reason we don't see more healings today all across all the churches around the world is simply because we have not, because we ask not!

Reading this paragraph I remember the instruction the Lord gave to Paul to go to Macedonia. It is interesting to note that Paul was prepare by the church to go to other places and at the same time the Lord call him to go in a different direction, to Macedonia. 

In this example Paul had two open roads infrond of him, the one the church was sending him and the one Jesus was calling him to go.

Paul choose to follow a path known only to the Lord and not to him.

The Lord choose to give a blessing out of the church to the young girl in Macedonia. 

And when he was here ,to the Roman with the sick servant .

And the Sarophinician woman's daughter. 

We have the prayers of faith, and  the Lord also  gives gifts of healings in the church, and out of the church. 

However, there's a segment of believers that believes that if someone doesn't get healed, it's their fault -- or a lack of faith on their behalf.  Little do they realize how destructive these words are!   If anyone had the faith to be healed, it would have been Paul!  And yet, Paul says in 2 Cor 12:8-9 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.  But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

So be sure that the teaching of healing comes with a delicate balance in a Biblical perspective. :)

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sis....

You ask about "Healing" in particular,same thing,,,,you are declaring your Victory over these demons,principalities....it is Spiritual Warfare,the Sword of the Spirit

When my body was physically attacked by cancer,I plead the Blood to declare to the spirit of cancer"I am HEALED".......now please understand this,I am not a WordFaith follower,although they may know something I don't-lol    I am simply saying that you use Your Authority with complete Faith BUT,sometimes God has reasons why He Allows some things which usually result in more Understanding of the Purpose of our Calling.......His Ways are certainly not ours & there are times HIS ANSWER is "No,my Grace is Sufficient",,,,,,,Still,the enemy can never take our Joy,Peace,Comfort.......not when we are walking in Spirit & in Truth with the heart & Mind of Christ!....sp we are ALWAYS VICTORIOUS                                                                                                                                                                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Thanks all, I don't know who chooses the best answer if that applies anymore, but I'm grateful for all your input.  I shall continue to contemplate these things.  Thanks again.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

The blood of Jesus paid it all on the Cross. Once and for all!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

55 minutes ago, Jean74 said:

The blood of Jesus paid it all on the Cross. Once and for all!

Amen :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

The best answer is "EVERYONE"......we are all members of the Same Body,that when we do our best work......together:emot-heartbeat: