Point of Contact

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

I was just reading Zion's question about pleading the blood of Jesus.  When this question came up in my mind about using a "point of contact" when praying.  

Is this a biblical practice and is there scripture to backup using or having to have a point of contact when praying?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

If it is biblical the precise expression is not used.  The best "point of contact" might be baptism, communion, and or God's Word.  God's promises build faith.  His character stands behind His promises--His good Name.  All these things are revealed by the Holy Spirit through God's Word.  Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.  

I don't believe that touching a TV or receiving a prayer cloth are legitimate faith builders or "points of contact".  But that is just my opinion.  There is nothing magical about them and they may have more to do with superstition.    

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

18 hours ago, Openly Curious said:

Is this a biblical practice and is there scripture to backup using or having to have a point of contact when praying?

The point of contact is the Holy Spirit within your spirit (Rom 8:16,26,27).

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:... Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The Holy Spirit assists us in our Prayers Jude 1:20.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/24/2016 at 7:13 PM, Openly Curious said:

I was just reading Zion's question about pleading the blood of Jesus.  When this question came up in my mind about using a "point of contact" when praying.  

I don't know what to say, the Lord works in many ways for to include all his children in his gifts for them. 

He himself put his hands on the head of the people and were bless and heal.

One time the shadow of Peter fall on people and were heal, but not all the time.

Many times the apostles pray and rebuke the sickness  and people were heal, they just spoke, gifts of healings,

Some times the people needed a support for their faith , the Lord gave them his blessing, he did not refuse them, till they learn better.

Some time they annoyed the sick with oil, sometimes not.

Some times people they want to use their own holy oil from the oil trees that grow where the Lord had walk bye.

I know  some may overdo it, I will be careful not to say anything, not to come between them and the Lord.

Paul did not forbit the hangershifs , people were heal, they just put them on the sick, I don't know if the sick had believed or not. 

Like in Russia and other orthodox countries the people have learn to have points of contacts. The sick are after annoynted people and places, let it be, who knows, 

In the old testament we have many examples, not for me to forbit.

The Lord is kind, he will meet their needs, he loves them,

My self I will just leave it  like that .

Thank for posting the question.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Hebr 7:25 Jesus intercedes for us. he is my point of contact.