• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

"Have nothing to do with foolish and ignorant speculations.  You know they breed quarrels, and the servant of the Lord must not be quarrelsome, but kindly towards all." - 2 Timothy 2:23 NEB

My mother taught me that the proof was in the pudding ---  alas, a quarrel.

Two unreconciled differences that will never go anywhere.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

12 minutes ago, Albert Finch said:

"Have nothing to do with foolish and ignorant speculations.  You know they breed quarrels, and the servant of the Lord must not be quarrelsome, but kindly towards all." - 2 Timothy 2:23 NEB

My mother taught me that the proof was in the pudding ---  alas, a quarrel.

Two unreconciled differences that will never go anywhere.

Of course you realize more literal translations do not insert  a full stop to reflect that the author is still continuing his train of thought as he goes on to say in with his very next words,  "in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth," (2 Ti 2:25 NKJ), the suggestion of 25a in the counterpart to the rejection of 24a and therefore is directly pertinent, this is not a proof text to be used to hide behind when others interact with your statements, if anything it is a text that justifies that interaction.

I don't know, may be people do things differently in your neck of the woods but where I am from you need to be able to defend what you say if you expect to be taken seriously :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Albert

If we want to be co-laborers with Jesus, fulfilling His PURPOSE FOR OUR LIFE, we must step out of the comfort zone and move into the life of faith where our only source is the invisible God and the integrity of His word. He said we cannot be His disciples if we don't do this.

"If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." - Luke 9:23

It is a good,encouraging & positive message Brother,we should all be striving for Perfection to be the best we can be in CHRIST!!!Living the life(here & now) more Abundantly,Amen!God has so much for us,NOW....because Jesus lives in us & we do have access to His Heart & Mind by the Power of His Spirit.....that "comfort zone" is a problem but with just the Faith tiny as a mustard seed we can move mountains.........Living Saved,many Saved do not live Saved.......

What was it you said earlier......"Hebrews" life

Hebrews 11:1King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.Absolutely

Absolutely! We can do ALL things in Christ Who Strengthens us.....it is,after all,the GOOD NEWS-lol    Life is such a Blessing,Praise Jesus! I am grateful for each & every beautiful Peaceful,Joyful and Merciful Day the Lord has made,we will Rejoice & be glad in it! I am very pleased to meet you,Blessed are the Peacemakers!

To God be the Glory!                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

This thread has gotten so far off track that it's probably time to let it rest. Locking.

God bless,

Steve