• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, RustyAngeL said:

Yes it was directed at you.  I was just giving my opinion on what I think eternity is..... and that I just can't take someones dream literally.  It was your dream and I"m sure that God had something to say to you.

RustyAngeL

No Rusty it was Joseph John's dream. But you replied to me.I think you wanted to reply to Joseph John. I posted the "Got Questions".

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Is your reply really directed at me? :)

oh no my friend, just trying really answer one question at a time, but hello to you :D

Edited by Joseph John

42 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

We are happy to have you here Joseph but I didn't see you on the Welcome Forum I"m sorry if I missed you. Normally you have to have at least 5 posts to get to the Inner Court so maybe they changed the rules.

No rules, rules are rules, but it is said that, love conquer all :mellow:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Welcome to Worth Joseph.. :)

15 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Yes it was directed at you.  I was just giving my opinion on what I think eternity is..... and that I just can't take someones dream literally.  It was your dream and I"m sure that God had something to say to you.

RustyAngeL

If he does you'll be the first to know its ok :)

24 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, dreams are dreams and we can not take them seriously.

God just give us his words, BUT HIS DREAMS as well :rolleyes:

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Question: "What is Jacob's Ladder?"

Answer:
The term "Jacob's Ladder" has become a common phrase—it has been used as a movie title, a book title, a name of a flower, and even as a name of an electrical device. But from where did this phrase originate?

Genesis 28:10-12 first mentions "Jacob's Ladder" when it says, "Jacob left Beersheba and set out for Haran. When he reached a certain place, he stopped for the night because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones there, he put it under his head and lay down to sleep. He had a dream in which he saw a stairway/ladder resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it."

It is in this passage that God reveals Himself to Jacob and reaffirms the covenant He made with Abraham, promising Jacob (who will later be named Israel) that his offspring will be many and that the Promised Land will one day belong to his descendants. In this vision Jacob sees something similar to a ladder or a stairway (Hebrew word: sullam) which signifies a connection between God and man. In this instance, it was God who provided the means necessary to link Himself to man as opposed to the men of Babel in Genesis 11 who tried to reach heaven by their own actions, aside from the help of God.

These two passages of Scripture reflect differing schools of thought over the issue of salvation: One group tries to reach heaven based on their own actions aside from God's help, but the other group has access to heaven based on the provisions of God and only the provisions of God.

As Christians we see this dream of Jacob's as highly symbolic, representing the Mediator, Jesus Christ, who came to earth and became that ladder or stairway for us to reconnect the relationship with God that was severed because of sin. Romans 5:1-2 says, "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand."

According to the Bible, Jesus was our ideal "Jacob's Ladder" who came to earth, from the line of Jacob, through the provisions of God, and redeemed us so that we may live in heaven for eternity.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jacobs-ladder.html

Jesus Christs church is not a building or a particular religious group with some special name? 

The new Testament Church, of which Jesus Christ is the head is a called out body of people of all nations who have been born again and who have lived a true Christian life and died in the faith. It also includes all those who are alive in Christ today. This present church is called the "ekklesia" of the New Testament times, called out of this world to evangelize the world in this age.

The church, in its largest signification is the whole company of redeemed in all ages, in Heaven and in Earth (Eph. 3:1-11; Heb. 12:23). It is the spiritual people who have been made members of the universial family of God. The church in this sense is the body of Christ, and it does not consist of saved and unsaved. It is not a group of individuals associated together for social and benevolent purposes, as seems to be on every hand in most worldly church gatherings. It is the body of people indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and through whom God works in the world.

42 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Anyway I don't take much stock in someones dreams, I guess I'm more interested in the word of God.  I'm still trying to figure out what the valley of churches has to do with Jacobs Ladder. 

sorry about that, I try to attach it, my granny need work :mellow:

Edited by Joseph John
spelling

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

5 minutes ago, Joseph John said: