I am struggling

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I seriously doubt I'll ever stop seeking the Lord because I know he is truth, and I feel very similar to how Peter did in John 6:67

"Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? [68] Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."

But, many times this all just seems too much, it's exhausting. It seems for every encouraging verse I read, there's an equally discouraging verse that stabs me right in the heart. Leaving me feeling like I've doomed myself from knowingly and willfully committing sin. Perhaps it is the Lords will that I seek for years before I finally find peace.  

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

"The wages of sin is death"  (Romans 6:23)  Your physical body dies from sin, but if have accepted Christ as your Savior you have eternal spiritual life.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:32 PM, Kelby said:

I've been a believer now for about 10 months, and some people around me say that they've never seen a person change as much as I have. While it's very encouraging, I don't see it the same as everyone else. I gave into lustful temptations for the first 6 or 7 months in my walk. The last time this happened, I felt such incredible guilt and fear it was literally throwing my heartbeat out of rhythm. It would flutter and at times it even felt as if was about to stop. For a week this lasted, all day long. I would rather die than give into that temptation again. 

Christ is all I think about, all day everyday. It's been like this for the past 4 months or so, he absolutely dominates my thoughts. However there are days were I battle myself over my belief. Terrible thoughts/doubts about certain parts of scripture that I know are not true will torment me. I'm constantly going over in my mind all the miracles that Christ performed, and all the prophecies he fulfilled. It's almost like I'm witnessing to myself, if that makes any sense. 

I don't feel/hear the Holy Spirt much in my life. Either I'm so oblivious to his guidance that I don't even realize it, or something worse. However there has been a couple of instances in the last few months when I've felt a strong urge to either do or to not do something. I prayed about a certain decision I had to make, and I felt a strong urge to not go down a certain path.(I didn't) I just want to do everything I possibly can to avoid being like those poor people in Matthew 7:23. There's nothing more terrifying than that. 

A lot of us go through the same temptations and weaknesses early on in our walk so don't beat yourself up. Satan loves to attack those who are new to the faith so trust me this isn't anything new to any of us. We don't have license to sin with impunity but we are all going to make mistakes once in a while. Just because you slipped up doesn't mean that you have lost your salvation (a true believer cannot lose their salvation). A true believer can have assurance that their sins past, present and future are forgiven.

We all go through trials and tests in this life. Look at it as being like gold or silver put through the fire to burn off all the impurities. you are being put through the fire and you will come out perfect, refined and shining like the sun.

Pray for the strength to resist sin, brother. And know Christ loves you even if you slip up.

God does chastise them who fall into sin but that doesn't mean they have lost their salvation and God doesn't love them any more.

Hebrews 12:8   But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

God rebukes His sons and daughters whom He loves so they will not make the same mistakes again

Now Matthew 7: 23

7:23   And then will I profess unto them *, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Look at it in its proper context

7:22   Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

These are people who claim to profess Christ yet do nothing to repent of their unregenerate ways.

Isaiah 29:13   Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Now this is speaking more precisely of Israel but it also works for others. Look at, say, the false evangelical preachers like Benny Hinn and Joel Osteen and many others who believer godliness is a way to riches

1 Timothy 6:5   Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

This doesn't appear to be you. Fear not brother.

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Don't forget the verse says fall away. The fell away completely and don't want to come back. They are fallen as they turn away to go back to the world with full conviction. They don't want Christ. If you want Christ then you have not fallen away. Don't confuse struggles with sin with someone who turn there back on being with Christ.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 2:23 PM, Kelby said:

Time after time I've done this, and if I hadn't meant it by know, I don't know what to do. 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:01 PM, Kelby said:

I seriously doubt I'll ever stop seeking the Lord because I know he is truth, and I feel very similar to how Peter did in John 6:67

"Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? [68] Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."

But, many times this all just seems too much, it's exhausting. It seems for every encouraging verse I read, there's an equally discouraging verse that stabs me right in the heart. Leaving me feeling like I've doomed myself from knowingly and willfully committing sin. Perhaps it is the Lords will that I seek for years before I finally find peace.  

From the verse above you can understand what the Spirit says through John also

1 John 2:19 (KJV)

[19] They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

As you have recognized the war that is now in your own soul... welcome to the war! It will never change with the flesh as the s/Spirit from which we now live has the responsibility to subjugate the flesh toward a functioning an useful tool in The Hand of God ...  The more we seek the understanding of the Scriptures and Scripture only: we become stronger to subdue the flesh and live incredibly satisfying lives! The Word of God is now our food for living and all else that we have been born into useful only to bring God the glory to it's once began purpose...  Prayed.... Love, Steven