• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1960

I love the youngsters but how about our own space. I will even accept suggestions on what to name the new chat room. Plus, I will throw in "virtual" coffee. Please help get this venture underway. Then come by and share what is important to you. Looking forward to seeing you there. God bless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings encourage...

Is this a suggestion or did I miss something? I've not heard any discussion about a new chat room......              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

And how did I miss that you are a neighbor and fellow bird watcher?  We are in south central WA!.  We definitely need to get better acquainted.

Kwikfilly is a master encourager who started a forum called Absolutely Positive down next to the humor forum.  Its not in the chat room, though.  I don't mind silliness in the chat room like sharing a virtual dinner or desert, but I leave when it dwells on evil or something morbid.  People need to have questions answered by I will not dwell there.  We need to keep our focus on Him.  So it is a great idea but we would have to come up with people to monitor it.  Meanwhile join the forum Absolutely Positive.  Maybe we can get your idea rolling.  

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Not sure what is being referred to either. Past experience though, was that if you built it, they will not com.

We did have more participation in the past from younger people, but there was a lot of people, that did not seem to have much to say - ASL - Age, Sex (gender), Location, seemed to be the most common question, and often then it was just "What music to you like"?

Personally, I think that the body of Christ includes people of all races, ages, societies, and things that matter, are common to all, and I question the vallue of dividing us up by groups.

The same concerns and issues and values, should be a common thread for all, don't you think? Those of who are not as young as we once were, still remember what it was like to be young. If I were younger again, I would focus more on being with older people, people with life experience and wisdom, than on being with people more like myself.

When I was a new parent, my wife had the idea to home school our children, I thought that was a bit nuts, I was not familiar with home schooling. Like many people, I wondered how they would develop social skills, if not with a lot of kids their own age. My wife challenged me with: "You are the researcher, why don't you find out for yourself?"

So I did. What eventually dawned on me, was the following question:

"Why on earth, would I want to leave socialization, up to peers and government employees (teachers) when the results all around be, seemed to indicated that kids have a hard enough time, dealing with temptation and distractions, from peers about sexual pressure, drugs and alcohol, bullying and all of the other things that are best left to those who care about them, have wisdom, and have committed their lives to parenting?"

The answer, of course, is that I would not want that. So, we home schooled. The decision worked for us, our kids were very well adjusted, and as we met more home school families, it became obvious that typically our kids, and their home schooled friends, were more mature, respectful and more learned, that their public schooled friends were.

The application here, I think, is that it would be a good thing for youth here, to develop relationships with people of all ages, and not attempt to segregate themselves. One of the things though, that I think has hurt our ability to interact better, is the draw of facebook, twitter, and texting on cell phone. I would hazard a guess, that a good way to develop relationships with like-minded youth, would best primarily be served, in the local church, were on going relationships with some adult oversight, could be cultivated.

What do you think about these thoughts encourage? What is you vision for how Worthy can best meet the needs of youth?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, encouragedon'tjudge said:

I love the youngsters but how about our own space. I will even accept suggestions on what to name the new chat room. Plus, I will throw in "virtual" coffee. Please help get this venture underway. Then come by and share what is important to you. Looking forward to seeing you there. God bless.

where is there???    if you are speaking of this thread, it's really not a chat room and I'm confused as to what you mean.   If you are speaking of something off of the Worthy Network, I will very unlikely visit.

Blessings encourage....

I'm going to go out on a limb here but,"why not?",,,,,we are Family,forgive me if I have a one track mind.....

I believe our Ministry has become more attractive to younger people because many of them find out about us on facebook & I suppose various social media networking sites,,,,,so that is what(who) we are seeing,young people (Christians) who want to use social media(chit chat),I see it in the Forums,,,,,I suppose it is better they come to a Holy Place of God than "the world"....also,we cannot forget that it is summertime,schools out

I & it is probably safe to guess that "you" are here for one reason & one reason only,our Fathers Business......we don't come from this generation of social interaction with only type written words,they do    we come to fellowship with our Brothers & Sisters,for edification,building up,giving God Glory,spiritual growth,to spread the Gospel,to Bless & be Blessed"in love",,,,Christ's Ambassadors,,,,,    I can totally relate to your feelings about "chat",rarely did I hear about Jesus in there(one of the reasons I stay out).....most conversations are idle chit chat,social media     BUT,that is what our youths do,like Omega said,they are not very focused    

You will see,once September comes around & all the kids are back in school,it will change,.......I really don't think all of it has to do with age but more to do with how the perceive this Place.....I hear the terms,this site,this message board,this forum etc,,,,rarely do I hear"this Ministry"....people are motivated by different things,they have different intention,for many it is the only socializing they do and they do like to be "heard"-lol "twitter,blogs,fb etc...   selfish ambitions maybe

So I think the best way to approach all of this is with LOVE,others agendas or intentions are not as important as our own,lead by example,when the chit chat goes off track,re-direct the attention to Jesus & keep on pressing forward...keeping our own eyes on the Prize!   We are never accountable for anyone else's words,only our own,....remind others that this is a Blessed Holy Place,Gods Gift to us,His Temple,His Body        To God be the Glory!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

She asked if I could set up a Golden Oldies Chat room connected to the chat at the bottom. :)  So I suggested to put it out there, and see if she could get some interest. :)

I wonder? I don't think age is that relevant,,,,,,how does the Golden Oldies Forum do?    

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I would not attend the chat room. I don't like chat rooms.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, George said:

She asked if I could set up a Golden Oldies Chat room connected to the chat at the bottom. :)  So I suggested to put it out there, and see if she could get some interest. :)

There are too few folks chatting in the main chatroom as it is. Dividing it up further does not interest me. Segregating by age or gender does not appeal to me either. I have gained much by chatting with folks of both genders and all ages.