• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1960

6 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings encourage...

Is this a suggestion or did I miss something? I've not heard any discussion about a new chat room......              With love-in Christ,Kwik

I presented the idea to George on chat today and he said to talk it up and generate interest. He hasn't approved it yet.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5

6 hours ago, Willa said:

And how did I miss that you are a neighbor and fellow bird watcher?  We are in south central WA!.  We definitely need to get better acquainted.

Kwikfilly is a master encourager who started a forum called Absolutely Positive down next to the humor forum.  Its not in the chat room, though.  I don't mind silliness in the chat room like sharing a virtual dinner or desert, but I leave when it dwells on evil or something morbid.  People need to have questions answered by I will not dwell there.  We need to keep our focus on Him.  So it is a great idea but we would have to come up with people to monitor it.  Meanwhile join the forum Absolutely Positive.  Maybe we can get your idea rolling.  

Blessings,

Willa

Thanks Willa for showing an interest. I am actually a beginning Bird watcher  

If my suggestion sounded in any way like I DON'T enjoy fellowship w/ the youths, then I apologize. I too enjoy fellowship w/Christians of all ages. I guess what I am trying to say and probably didn't communicate it very successfully is this: It was meant as nothing more than  a suggestion. If there is not a demand for that then certainly I do understand. I am happy to continue to correspond w/ all ages on this forum because I love people. I guess I got the idea from the fact that on a lot of these forums offer category specific  groups. In fact, the "youth" DO have their own forum. I would respect that they might want to discuss issues important to them, w/ their peers, without having older adults coming onto their forum. I personally don't know how many folks over 50 are on this forum or how much of a demand there would be for this.I also apologize for coming across like I want to "segregate" individuals. Believe me, I don't. My "agenda" is a "Jesus focused" venue for light hearted chit chat w/ other folks in my age group. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

"If I build it will they come?"

Perhaps its time to build a better mousetrap!  Then they will surely come.;)

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

Perhaps its time to build a better mousetrap!  Then they will surely come.;)

I don't understand. What do you mean?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/26/2016 at 10:53 AM, encouragedon'tjudge said:

I love the youngsters but how about our own space. I will even accept suggestions on what to name the new chat room. Plus, I will throw in "virtual" coffee. Please help get this venture underway. Then come by and share what is important to you. Looking forward to seeing you there. God bless.

You and I are somewhat neighbors as well. I live in SW Washington. I sure do love the birds that surround us here in the country. I am a senior citizen as well. If you ever want to start a thread  on us senior citizens I would love that.

20 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You and I are somewhat neighbors as well. I live in SW Washington. I sure do love the birds that surround us here in the country. I am a senior citizen as well. If you ever want to get a forum  on us senior citizens I would love that.

Thank you but there seem to be too many people who don't like the idea. So I don't think it's gonna happen. God bless you.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

14 hours ago, encouragedon'tjudge said:

Thank you but there seem to be too many people who don't like the idea. So I don't think it's gonna happen. God bless you.

This would not be a chat room but just a thread. We could post the good ole days. But we would have to give it a name. :)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, encouragedon'tjudge said:

I don't understand. What do you mean?

Since there is already some provision for seniors to communicate with each other, there is always room to improve anything else, including mouse traps.  So if you build a better mousetrap (as the saying goes) those little rascals will surely come.  Seniors should get involved with making improvements whenever and wherever they can.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

I presented the idea to George on chat today and he said to talk it up and generate interest. He hasn't approved it yet.

Sis,George explained that & thanks for bringing me up to speed,,,,I see you are getting the impression that many don't think it is a good idea,I think we are all just giving our opinions about the current situation & how we may improve that,not necessarily saying it is a bad idea ,,,,,if George went ahead with it I would do what I could  to support you ,it & encourage others to give it a try,,,,,,you never really know unless you try something,please don't think that no one is supportive ,we always should be doing our best to improve,making suggestions is a great way to improve things,good job!

With llove-in Christ,Kwik