IGNORED

Does all who are saved inherit the kindom of God?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

Very good points

lets piggyback on the phrase Paul uses “ hand him over to Satan” , the reason Paul says this is because on Corinth they only had one Christian community surrounded by pagan temples to many pagan gods for someone to be shunned from the church at Corinth would mean he would go back to worshiping at the pagan temples— therefore sending him to Satan

Fast forward to Paul’s second letter to Corinth addressing this same sinner and his fate

2 Corinthians 2:6

The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient. Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed  by excessive sorrow. I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him.

He says “ ok I accept whatever you guys want to do, but if he truly is sorry don’t let him live in guilt embrace him with love

Paul had the right idea, and something Paul also fought so strongly against we’re deeds without faith if deeds without faith got you salvation the Pharisees would have a 1st class ticket ? to Heaven

A truly repentant heart is what God demands the absolute best example of this is in luke

after the one sinner told Jesus jump off the cross!

Luke 23:40-43

But the other responded, and rebuking him, said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our crimes; but this man has done nothing wrong.” And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom!”And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

What hope for all of us sinners, we can receive salvation Paul knew this and taught mercy, he himself said to Timothy 

This saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them.

Being saved doesn’t exempt you from sinning, but loving him means trying your best to be Righteous that is to live right according to his ways., a lifelong journey and in living righteous you receive his blessings ??

SHALOM❤️

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/26/2016 at 9:46 PM, JessicaD said:

So today I was speaking with my pastor on some stuggles going on in my life.  He told me that everyone who is saved will inherit the Kingdom of God but wont have as many blessing when they are sinning. I understand we are all sinners and I definitely have my own sins I battle with everyday. In scripture it states in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men  nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

So when someone does these things list above in scripture and does not repent fully will they or will they not inherit the Kingdom?  

Does God look at sin as equal?

Is having a bad attitude equal to me being sexually immoral?  

Just trying to get a clear meaning?

Hello JD.

First, any inheritance is assigned to Israel since they are in Covenant with God.

18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? Lk 18:18.

I find God has made no covenant with Gentiles in the Law, Psalms, and Prophets of the Jewish Scriptures.

Second, the kingdom of God is a Person: Christ. He is within you. 

Third, repentance of sin or not has to do with relationship with God. All sins of God's elect have been paid for on the cross at Calvary. Jesus said, "It is finished." But if you sin and indulge your sin and don't repent then your sin will affect your relationship. 

Having a bad attitude affects your relationship with God and others as well as your outlook. Sing Psalms or hymns. This helps change the mind. And no, it is not being "sexual immoral" unless you are thinking about sex.