IGNORED

Does all who are saved inherit the kindom of God?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So today I was speaking with my pastor on some stuggles going on in my life.  He told me that everyone who is saved will inherit the Kingdom of God but wont have as many blessing when they are sinning. I understand we are all sinners and I definitely have my own sins I battle with everyday. In scripture it states in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men  nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

So when someone does these things list above in scripture and does not repent fully will they or will they not inherit the Kingdom?  

Does God look at sin as equal?

Is having a bad attitude equal to me being sexually immoral?  

Just trying to get a clear meaning?

Your Pastor is correct. We are saved by what we believe, not how we behave. We show our gratitude to Christ for what He did for us on the Cross by how we behave. When we sin, we fall out of receiving all the blessings that GOD has promised His Own, but we do not fall out of Grace. Once we confess our sin, we again begin to receive those blessings that GOD has promised us. That is why we are told in Scripture that "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9 (ESV) Once we are sincerely saved, there is nothing we or anyone else can do to take that salvation away.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

I believe all sins are equal to God.  But God forgives all sin also.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Amen.

When we are truly saved, born again we will do things differently.  Our life will be changed.  I have seen Christians who believe because they live under grace it's OK to do whatever they choose.  That is so wrong.  Paul said it himself.  Just because we live under the Grace of Jesus God forbid that we live outside of His Will.  You will only find peace when you fully commit to Him  Once totally surrendered you will find there is not such a struggle  with the flesh because the Holy Spirit lives in you. 

Get in His Word, pray and walk in the promises He has given you.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

13 hours ago, JessicaD said:

So today I was speaking with my pastor on some stuggles going on in my life.  He told me that everyone who is saved will inherit the Kingdom of God but wont have as many blessing when they are sinning. I understand we are all sinners and I definitely have my own sins I battle with everyday. In scripture it states in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men  nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

So when someone does these things list above in scripture and does not repent fully will they or will they not inherit the Kingdom?  

Yes, everyone who is truly saved and is a born again believer will inherit the Kingdom of God. Each and everyone of us are sinners even though we are believers. We are human and we are not perfect. We will not be perfect until we get to heaven. But as born again believers we do our best to walk a path that God wants us to walk. The Holy Spirit guides our steps. We do our best to be obedient to God. The Holy Bible tells us how we should live. The only unforgiven sin is unbelief in Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/14/1983

I actually don't think anyone can know who will inherit the kingdom. All sin is equal, we grade it but it all separates us from God and whether we are separated a little or a lot, we are still separated. All sin is forgivable by God (apart from the unforgivable sin which is grieving the Holy Spirit). I believe this is an easy sin to commit without even realising (scary).

The Bible says we will be surprised at who is saved and who is not...and that's key. Christians talk about when they 'were' saved, the Bible talks about those who 'will be' saved... meaning, it hasn't happened yet...Paul talks about the importance of how we finish the race, not the importance of starting the race...and the Bible talks about the path to righteousness being narrow and the road to hell being wide, if saying the 'sinners prayer' was enough to get a ticket into heaven don't you think the road to heaven would be described as easy? We will see on the day of judgement.

We can only seek our own path with God, don't be swayed by how we see others walking...plus salvation is more than a ticket into heaven...Are you seeking God, or are you seeking heaven? God wants a relationship with you, he wants you to want him...

Edited by Smallshoulders
Spelling, auto correct mistake

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I believe God is a loving God; and when you love others, you do not seek to coerce them with threats.  So I think God saves everyone. Indeed, that is how God serves as the ground for the meaning of life. All too often, we are confronted with our seeming meaninglessness.  What meaning, what purpose does our life have if it is all going to go up in smoke soon enough anyway?  The past fades.  That is the evil of evil.  But it is very different if God enters the picture.  God, I believe, enjoys a direct, empathic experience with any and al creaturely  feelings.  Hence, all our experiences are felt by God and preserved in God's eternal memory, where they are enjoyed forever.  Hence, our lives have eternal significance. Since you cannot separate the experience from the experiencing ego, we also live on in God.  Just how is hard to say.  I posit that once we are free of teh struggle for survival here, we can lower our defenses and boundaries.  it is no longer us against them.  As such, we are freer to enter into an empathic encounter with others, share in their feelings. This isn't cheap grace or an easy way out.  Once we move into this greater harmony with others, we will l experience the pain and suffering we have perhaps inflicted on them and vice versa. And that's a pretty tough experience to go through. So, while I don't believe in Hell and damnation, I don't believe Heaven is exactly a piece of cake either.

Too often, the "saved" have been identified as those who subscribe to certain doctrines.  Faith has collapsed into intellectual ascent to dogma.  It is more important to God what you believe than how you live.  However, I think God is far more interested in how you live than in your religious beliefs. I sometimes think of God as analogous to a physician.  Now a truly great physician does not  refuse to serve or save patients, based on what he considers appropriate religious beliefs. Who would even begin to trust a doctor who said he would try and save only Methodists or Catholics or Buddhists, everyone else out of the ER?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

On 7/29/2016 at 7:33 PM, hoghead said:

I think God is far more interested in how you live than in your religious beliefs.

good behavior + bad theology is the road to hell. 

if good behavior causes God to overlook wrong belief, then every reasonably non-criminal adherent of every pagan religion in the world would be saved. every atheist who acts somewhat morally would be saved. 

Christianity, as described in the Bible, is the most cerebral system of theology in the history of the earth. it is about belief, and about discerning false doctrine and the will of God through the renewing of your mind by the Spirit. 

when you start trading these things for emotionalism and moral behavior, you've exchanged Christianity for mere paganism.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jessica

I think you are really asking about consequence of "sin" for the Saved,after physical death.....let me try to give you a brief explanation......yes,we are Saved by the Grace of God,yes that Grace is what gives you the guarantee Seal of Redemption on your Spirit,a Saved Person inherits Gods Kingdom

There are ramifications for sin,better we suffer those consequences here & now than to die a second death & not go on to Everlasting Life with the Lord & the Word says:

People often wonder why they have a lot on their plates after they are Born Again,perhaps it is allowed by God ,not as "punishment" but merely consequences of our own doing......

There are 2 different "judgements" after physical death.one for the unSaved who will go to the Throne Judgement & Stand before God,these will not go to Paradise,they are going to hell..........then there is the Judgement Seat of Christ,the Saved will stand before Christ to give account for every word ever spoken(it is really a heart matter)...it seems there are different level in hell & different levels of Heaven.....why else would God keep account oif every word?  WE can't really be sure how it works but we are sure that God keep a record so I think it is safe to say we should be mindful of our words(our heart really)

35The good man brings good things out of his good store of treasure, and the evil man brings evil things out of his evil store of treasure. 36But I tell you that men will give an account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.                         Matt 12:36

What is the store of treaure?It is your heart,your intent       WE can pray for help with this....

King James Version
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.      Psalm 19:14

You asked about someone who continues to do things(sin),,,,,Sister,if the heart is not convicted then that is a sure sign that something is very wrong.....Faith comes by hearing the Word of God,God has to be the center of our lives,our driver,our pilot.....when we are still in the drivers seat we will keep taking those old familiar roads.Jesus will take you on a new journey ,down new roads but He cannot do that until we let Him take the wheel

I hope that has helped give you a clearer picture.....to God be the Glory                                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 0:46 AM, JessicaD said:

Corinthians 6 vs 9-10 however do not speak of Christians, but those who have outwardly rejected Christ or who are "Christian" in name only. They claim to believe in Christ but do not walk in His footsteps. They do not believe in the bible and choose to follow man made rules over God.

Yes God looks at sin as equal. Many of us would grade sin on a sliding scale but God does not. All sin leads unto death for the unrepentant.

However we most remember that being saved makes us forgiven sinners, not perfect. If we could be perfect Christ would never have had to die for us.

Remember that salvation  is a FREE gift, not of works lest any man should boast

2:8   For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2:9   Not of works, lest any man should boast.

We are all going to slip up once in a while but we cannot lose our salvation

1 John 1:7   But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.