• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/14/1983

After being a Christian for a long time, how do you regain lost joy?

After looking into this, my husband found an inspiring video on YouTube from a man discussing this question...He stated that this is not a biblical issue where there is something you can 'do' but a relational one. If you feel like joy has been lost then time and effort must be invested in the relationship and regaining lost joy is one of the consequences. This is true also for our earthly relationships. I feel like a tide has turned and I appreciate anyone willing to join me in praying for this to continue in the new and fresh direction it seems to have taken.

Edited by Smallshoulders

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

As a pastor, I run into this quite a bit.  I'm reminded of the words Jesus gave to the church in Ephesus.

Rev 2:3  I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary.
Rev 2:4  But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.
Rev 2:5  Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.

Many of the reasons why we lose our love is that we've allowed bitterness, unforgiveness, resentment, fear, and all the deadly D's to overwhelm us.  The Deadly D's as I call them, Dispair, Discouragement, Disillusionment, Disgust, Depression, which finally leads to Death.  

To return back to your joy -- you need to go back to the basics of the faith.  Just start praying, fasting, reading the Word!  Ask the Lord to search you deeply, and thoroughly -- pray for and EXPECT God to bring revival within yourself!

There's obviously more to this ... but this is a start! :)

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I guess for me joy is not so much a feeling as it is a fact.  There are times when we feel the darkness settle but we need to remember who we are and who we belong to.  We are Sons and Daughters of the Most High God.  I think when you start to focus on that you will see your joy returning. 

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Small Shoulders

Welcome to Worthy,I'm so glad you are here & I thank the Lord that He has lead you to us so that you can Receive His Love through us,,,,,He knows your heart,He knows your sadness and that is far from what He has for you,He has much Joy to Fill your heart with ,a more Abundant Joy Filled Life of Comfort,Peace and Bountiful Blessings beyond compare,,,,,,but how could He Fill your heart with the Gifts He gives through His Holy Spirit when your Faith is has been in nuetral for a long time,time to put it into first gear!!!!!And let's get moving towards the Joy of the Lord!!!

George has said it well,Amen! When a Born Again Christian has not Joy or Comfort or Peace,something is drastically wrong,these are the things that no devil in hell can steal,kill or destroy....not if you give up "self" & let Jesus Lord over your life,,,,,,depression,sadness or even just the lack of "JOY" is a red flag,the earnest active "seeking" the Lord(Our First Love) has diminished,the enemy uses anything to distract us from focusing on GOD,Eternity,His Word,hearing the Word of God,,,,,Faith can fade,it fades away into the back of your mind,,,,,Paul says"Pray without ceasing","Guard your heart","Put on the Full Armor of God",,,,,there is nothing more dangerous than to become idle,stagnant,a "lazy" Christian......activate your Faith,Faith comes by hearing the Word of God

Jesus loves you,for some reason your lost your excitement & enthusiasm for HIM,,,,,you probably even think your walking around alone but Jesus abides in you,He is probably trying to get your attention but instead of listening to Gods Still Small Voice you are listening to those big,loud,liars....."I'm so unhappy","I have no joy",Poor me",,,,,,,believe me,focus on Him & on others and you will begin to be lifted on high once again.....remember how excted you were when you were first SAved,you were hungry & thirsty for His Word,,,,goi back to the Book of John,remember what you discovered at the Foot of the Cross,how very much He loves you & He did it all just for you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Praise Jesus                                                                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik                                                                       

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Walk

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
Psalms 116:12-13

With God

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalms 139:23-24

:emot-heartbeat: