BlueMinou

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Hi. This is my first post in the seeker's forum. I've had something on my mind since I joined this forum. Is there a statement of faith here like I see on Christianchat and Carm forums? I read this forum is non-denominational, but how does it define someone as a christian? How does the founders of this forum believe with regards to baptism(for example). As a christian, we are saved by faith, but do you define a christian here as someone who is saved by faith only? Does this forum define a christian as someone who adheres to Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide? What about baptismal regeneration? 

Does the forum have an infallible statement of faith that can't be challenged without the threat of ban (like christianchat)?

I read that "We have gotten a number of "trolls" here, and atheists whose only desire is to contend with the faith." I know the faith has the name "christian", but what about catholic christians? What about orthodox christians? What about anglican christians, and so on right down to the christian who says he rejects baptism altogether as nothing more than a symbol? I read this is a non-denomination forum, which is wonderful in ways, but I don't want to be accused of any wrong doing here, or accused as a heretic, because of something disputed by different christians. For example, even Zingli and Luther didn't see eye-to-eye on issues and had their differences; And even Calvinism and Lutherism is different in ways.

Thanks for listening.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

19 minutes ago, BlueMinou said:

Is there a statement of faith here like I see on Christianchat and Carm forums?

Our Statement of Faith

20 minutes ago, BlueMinou said:

Does the forum have an infallible statement of faith that can't be challenged without the threat of ban (like christianchat)?

No, we have set up the forums for both unbelievers and believers, however, we've distinguished how the forums are divided.  You should read this post.

We are not "heretic" hunters -- but rather trying to grow together as a body awaiting our bridegroom's return.  So we're looking to prepare a bride for her King.

We base all our understandings on the Bible and seek to find the answers with that authority has to say and discuss our differences based on it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you for your reply. Even jewish people use the bible when pointing out why they reject Jesus as the Christ and God. Even christians who disagree with one another use the bible to cite their disagreements. God bless you for your reply. Thanks.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

3 minutes ago, BlueMinou said:

Thank you for your reply. Even jewish people use the bible when pointing out why they reject Jesus as the Christ and God. Even christians who disagree with one another use the bible to cite their disagreements.

Disagreements in love is perfectly fine.  :)  You'll see we don't ban people for their beliefs.  We impose a strict no personal attack rule.  Personal attacks get people banned from "threads" but not from the forum.  :)