IGNORED

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

HAZARD

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

I have heard that `blaspheming the Holy Spirit,` is also assigning to the Holy Spirit, activity, behaviour that is not of the Holy Spirit. For example the weird manifestations that came out of the so called, `Toronto blessing,` - all demonic.

Marilyn.

That is what Charismatics use as a scare tactic.  If you criticize or recognize the demonic stuff going on in their meetings (like the Kundalini spirit manifestations)  they accuse you of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.   They don't like anyone challenging their unbiblical practices and they try to frighten people into silence.

The truth is that blasphemy is not related to testing the spirits that are manifesting.   We are commanded to test them.  God is not offended or put off by our testing whether something is of Him or not.

In the Bible, the Pharisees KNEW Jesus was operating in the power of the Holy Spirit and they deliberately accused Him of casting out demons by the power of the prince of demons.  It was an deliberate attempt to injure Jesus' reputation and to slander the Holy Spirit.

A true Christian cannot and would not ever blaspheme the Holy Spirit.   If someone is worried that they committed that sin, they have nothing to worry about.  A person who is wicked enough to slander the Lord would not care if they had committed that sin.  If someone is worried enough to ask  if they committed that sin, it is clear that they did not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

On 28/07/2016 at 2:49 PM, Rick_Parker said:

I personally believe that in this day and age one can't blaspheme the Holy Spirit. At the time that Christ made His statement, it was because the Pharisees were attributing Christ's miracles to Satan or "Beelzebub". Since Christ is no longer living in Israel performing miracles, and there are no longer any Pharisees attributing them to Satan, there is no more blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

My second supposition is that there are many born again Christians who use the phrase Holy........, and since one cannot loose their salvation, it cannot be blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. The only unforgivable sin is the sin of rejecting the free gift of salvation that GOD offers mankind through HIS Son Jesus Christ.

I agree. When blasphemy of the Holy Spirit occurred it was because these people had seen Jesus and they had seen the works of the Holy Spirit and yet they had believed it all to be the works of Satan. If you cannot know God even when he is visibly and tangibly revealed to you then you can never know God.

It's one thing to blaspheme the father because you either don't know him or you have misunderstood him, and it's one thing to blaspheme the son for the same reasons - but to blaspheme the spirit is to see the reality of God's power for yourself and still continue to slander it or believe it to be the work of evil. This occurred when the pharisees saw with their own eyes the miracles that Jesus was performing and they felt the power of the spirit - yet they still rejected it!

I don't think anybody today can blaspheme the Holy Spirit because as you have said, Jesus is no longer with us in the flesh, performing miracles, and demonstrating to us the power of God. Anybody who criticises or insults God is probably doing so in ignorance and therefore can be forgiven.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That is what Charismatics use as a scare tactic.  If you criticize or recognize the demonic stuff going on in their meetings (like the Kundalini spirit manifestations)  they accuse you of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.   They don't like anyone challenging their unbiblical practices and they try to frighten people into silence.

The truth is that blasphemy is not related to testing the spirits that are manifesting.   We are commanded to test them.  God is not offended or put off by our testing whether something is of Him or not.

In the Bible, the Pharisees KNEW Jesus was operating in the power of the Holy Spirit and they deliberately accused Him of casting out demons by the power of the prince of demons.  It was an deliberate attempt to injure Jesus' reputation and to slander the Holy Spirit.

A true Christian cannot and would not ever blaspheme the Holy Spirit.   If someone is worried that they committed that sin, they have nothing to worry about.  A person who is wicked enough to slander the Lord would not care if they had committed that sin.  If someone is worried enough to ask  if they committed that sin, it is clear that they did not.

Hi Shiloh,

That`s a good explanation & I agree with you. It is more of a deception.

Marilyn. 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is attributing to the devil the works or manifestations of the Holy Ghost.

It is unforgivable if done maliciously or knowingly.Matthew 12:32 ; Mark 3:28 ; Luke 12:10.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

This has been said in this thread in a few different ways-- I will rephrase it~~~~~~

One job of the Holy Spirit is to testify to the Deity of Christ. You must believe that Jesus is God to be saved. If you deny the witness of the Spirit you are  blaspheming him.

As long as you deny the deity of Christ you can not be saved so the sin is unforgivable----- I think though that if you repent and accept Christ you would be okay

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AFlameOfFire

Blaspheme means

to speak reproachfully, rail at, revile, calumniate, blaspheme

to be evil spoken of, reviled, railed at

An when you compare between them they seem consistent in the same

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you,
All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men:
but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost,  it shall not be forgiven him,
neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Mark 3:28-30 
Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness
but is in danger of eternal damnation: 

The reason Jesus gave was

Because they *said*,

He hath an unclean spirit. 

You would have *heard* the blasphemy as it spoken.

It was because of what they said

In the manner of speaking (or speech) as is shown in the defintion of blaspheme 

Although speaking against the Holy Ghost is not equal with speaking a word against the Son, and likely because he was set to be a sign to be spoken against 

Jesus makes the distinction in the warning also, but here

Luke 2:34  And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

Which might be in accord with why Jesus said,

Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:

Which is not so when it come to the Holy Ghost, which is the Spirit by whom Christ did His works, as God was in Christ who said His Father doeth the works.

Jesus speaks of them adressing his Spirit (more specifically) as being unclean. The same "Holy" Spirit that was in our Lord Jesus,

Says, 
Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

So by the Holy Ghost Jesus was healing all that were oppressed of the devil;

And they attributed the works done by the Holy Ghost ( through) as to him having a Beelzebub

Mark 3:22 
And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said,
He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

They were not speaking a word against the Son of man (after the flesh) but rather they were speaking words against the Spirit of Christ ( the Holy Ghost) by Whom Jesus did His good works through, even casting out devils

Whereas they said, 

BY the prince of the devils (he) casteth he out devils.

BY the Spirit (with power) he doeth these things (which they were speaking to)

Then he asked them

How can Satan cast out Satan?

And basically 

Mark 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Every mention here is of the Spirit in Him (not of Him)

He (HATH) Beelzebub
and (BY) the prince of devils (ie Satan) he doeth these things 
Saying  he (HATH) an unclean spirit

Nothing of the Son of man was touched in any of that but the very Holy Spirit that was in Him who was being referred to in those three ways. That was all against the Spirit in Jesus, and if the man with the Spirit would not attribute such things in like manner who would but the man without the Spirit?

There are many ways to blaspheme, all of which would be forgiven men even speaking a word against the Son of man (Jesus Christ) all of which would be forgiven except that which is spoken against the Holy Ghost, which cant be inclusive of Jesus Christ since he himself is a sign "to be" spoken against and a word spoken against him is forgiven (unlike the other).

Is there not any preview button any longer for posts? I cant find one  so if this posts weird, sorryy bout that I cant find the preview here.

((cringes as I click submit)) 

Edited by AFlameOfFire

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

15 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness

Have you ever wondered why that is?  Aren't they both God?  I think its a reflection of their different roles.  The Holy Spirit is the one who convicts the world of sin.  If someone's heart is so hardened that they can't see the compassionate signs of the Messiah but rather try to demonize Him because of their own self-interest, they are opposed to the Holy Spirit's conviction.  It's His conviction which leads to repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 

• The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.  Luke 6:45

Blasphemy is a product of the heart.  A heart that continues to oppose the Holy Spirit's conviction can never be forgiven.

Guest AFlameOfFire
1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

Have you ever wondered why that is?  Aren't they both God?  I think its a reflection of their different roles.  The Holy Spirit is the one who convicts the world of sin.  If someone's heart is so hardened that they can't see the compassionate signs of the Messiah but rather try to demonize Him because of their own self-interest, they are opposed to the Holy Spirit's conviction.  It's His conviction which leads to repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 

• The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.  Luke 6:45

Blasphemy is a product of the heart.  A heart that continues to oppose the Holy Spirit's conviction can never be forgiven.

The Son  of man was set for a sign that would be spoken against Luke 3:24, Acts 28:22 

Jesus said,

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

As Paul who was a blasphemer 1 Ti 1:13, Acts 26:11 , such as in Acts 9:1

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness

The reason Jesus gave is beneathe it

Mark 3:30 Because they said he (the Son of man) hath an unclean spirit

Because they *said*,

He *hath* an unclean spirit. 

Shows the Son was to be a sign spoken against, and a word spoken against the Son would be forgiven him not speaking against/ blaspheming the Holy Ghost

Edited by AFlameOfFire

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 8/15/2016 at 8:32 AM, Last Daze said:

:thumbsup:

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. John 16:7-11

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 8/5/2016 at 5:40 PM, woundeddog said:

This has been said in this thread in a few different ways-- I will rephrase it~~~~~~

One job of the Holy Spirit is to testify to the Deity of Christ. You must believe that Jesus is God to be saved. If you deny the witness of the Spirit you are  blaspheming him.

As long as you deny the deity of Christ you can not be saved so the sin is unforgivable----- I think though that if you repent and accept Christ you would be okay

:emot-heartbeat:

Turn

Every writing which is written by The Spirit* is profitable for teaching, for correction, for direction and for a course in righteousness, That the man of God will be perfect and perfected for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Turn Turn Turn

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:8-11 (King James Bible)