• Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

2 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

I enjoyed this discussion Stan.

I liked this artice about it.

It made me look to other related quesions such as this one:

excerpt:

Bible Answer:

Scripture does not give us enough information to positively answer your question, “Was Jesus already filled with the Holy Spirit at His baptism?” Yet the gospel of Luke tells us that John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit from birth.

For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb. (NASB) Luke 1:15

Old Testament Filling. Was John the Baptist filled with the Holy Spirit all the time? Before Pentecost, the Holy Spirit never lived inside a person all the time – continuously. The Holy Spirit did not remain permanently in a person until the New Testament. That is why Jesus said He was going to send the Holy Spirit (John 16:7). Something new was going to occur. Saul is one example where the Holy Spirit did not remain (1 Sam. 10:6; 16:14) and King David is another. In fact, King David feared the Lord would take the Holy Spirit from him (Ps. 51:11). Today, the Holy Spirit lives inside a Christian forever. This is implied in the great promise of God (Heb. 8:7-13).

source: 

http://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-qa/qa-archives/question/did-jesus-have-the-holy-spirit-in-him-before-he-was-baptized/

About Jesus it said:

" If the Holy Spirit “came on” John the Baptist at birth, the Holy Spirit could have come “on” Jesus at birth. But we do not know if that happened since the New Testament does not explicit say so. None of the gospels explicitly say that Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit before His baptism. "

Is the idea that Jesus did not need the input of God's Holy spirit while he served his time on Earth Stan?

Since he did have it.

Yes, Matthew 1:20 tells us that the Holy Spirit caused Mary to conceive,  then verse 23 tells us that his name means 'God with us'.

He did not need the infilling of the holy spirit because his DNA was from the Holy Spirit and he was born God incarnate.

Matthew 3:17 says; After Jesus was baptized, just as he was coming up out of the water, the heavens opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming on him. 

The spirit of God is not the Holy Spirit and the dove descending on him showed a recognition of his deity that he already had.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

I agree with Behold.  We are all sinners unless (or until)  we become sinners saved by grace.  Those who reject Jesus remain sinners and therefore cannot become born again. (How we all pray that they would change their minds before passing from this life.)  Jesus said that, in order to enter the kingdom of heaven, one must be born again (John 3).  A new conception occurs, if you will, when the Holy Spirit makes us alive in Him.  Heaven, being a perfect place, cannot accept any sin (sinners).  Jesus died, once for all, for the whole world and, if people choose to reject the one Who loved, bled and died for all of us they have made their choice.  God has done everything in His power to show His great and marvellous love to an unworthy world culminating in the death and resurrection of His dear Son.  The unforgiveable sin must therefore be rejection of belief in, and acceptance of, God's precious son Jesus, our Saviour.  We must never give up praying for everyone - only God knows the way to a person's heart.  Let's believe we can get as many as possible to come with us, home.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 2016-11-29 at 1:09 AM, MightyinHim said:

I agree with Behold.  We are all sinners unless (or until)  we become sinners saved by grace.  Those who reject Jesus remain sinners and therefore cannot become born again. (How we all pray that they would change their minds before passing from this life.)  Jesus said that, in order to enter the kingdom of heaven, one must be born again (John 3).  A new conception occurs, if you will, when the Holy Spirit makes us alive in Him.  Heaven, being a perfect place, cannot accept any sin (sinners).  Jesus died, once for all, for the whole world and, if people choose to reject the one Who loved, bled and died for all of us they have made their choice.  God has done everything in His power to show His great and marvellous love to an unworthy world culminating in the death and resurrection of His dear Son.  The unforgiveable sin must therefore be rejection of belief in, and acceptance of, God's precious son Jesus, our Saviour.  We must never give up praying for everyone - only God knows the way to a person's heart.  Let's believe we can get as many as possible to come with us, home.

The unforgivable sin is basically to say no to Jesus yes. But I still wonder over this... If a person says no and then later regret this fact and wants to be forgiven and be with God, is he rejected by God because of his earlier no? 

Guest shiloh357
50 minutes ago, Beebert said:

The unforgivable sin is basically to say no to Jesus yes. But I still wonder over this... If a person says no and then later regret this fact and wants to be forgiven and be with God, is he rejected by God because of his earlier no? 

There is no sin that is unforgivable as long as you are alive on this earth.

The sin of Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is unforgivable only because the ones who commit it are irretrievably wicked and are unable/unwilling to repent.  This particular sin amounts to slander of the Holy Spirit and it is done on purpose as an act of open rebellion.  It is a full and final rejection of Christ, himself.  No Christian can do this, as it is rooted in unbelief and rejection of Christ.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

There is no sin that is unforgivable as long as you are alive on this earth.

The sin of Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is unforgivable only because the ones who commit it are irretrievably wicked and are unable/unwilling to repent.  This particular sin amounts to slander of the Holy Spirit and it is done on purpose as an act of open rebellion.  It is a full and final rejection of Christ, himself.  No Christian can do this, as it is rooted in unbelief and rejection of Christ.

This I understand. But if a person does go against Christ in this way But then regrets that fact?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Beebert said:

This I understand. But if a person does go against Christ in this way But then regrets that fact?

If a person is so far gone that they blaspheme the Holy Spirit, they are too wicked to care, much less regret.   That's why I said that they are irretrievably wicked.  If someone is worried that they have committed that sin, they haven't. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, shiloh357 said:

If a person is so far gone that they blaspheme the Holy Spirit, they are too wicked to care, much less regret.   That's why I said that they are irretrievably wicked.  If someone is worried that they have committed that sin, they haven't. 

I agree whole heartedly with this as they have sealed themselves in the rebellion against God and are like their father satan...

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

So you mean basically that they never WILL confess their sins and ask for forgiveness? But it is still hard to understand. Because IF someone hypothetically did like the pharisees but then asked for forgiveness, or if one of the pharisees who blasphemed the holy spirit would have realized they actually did something very wrong and wanted forgiveness, forgiveness would not have been granted to them?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

5 hours ago, Beebert said:

The unforgivable sin is to attribute the works of the Holy Spirit to Satan, knowing it was the Holy Spirit that performed them. 

49 minutes ago, StanJ said:

The unforgivable sin is to attribute the works of the Holy Spirit to Satan, knowing it was the Holy Spirit that performed them. 

So you mean it is not to say "no" to Christ? Not to "fall away" from faith? Not to say "no" to salvation?