• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/30/2016 at 7:58 PM, angels4u said:
On 11/30/2016 at 7:57 PM, StanJ said:

that's right, but not because they sinned but because they didn't accept Jesus as their savior. 

Amen..

Think about it .....if they hadn't sinned they wouldn't need a Savior

We are condemned because we on our own sin, our Savior pays the penalty of our sin for us

This is important to understand because it enables us to understand that at the judgement Jesus doesn't SEND people to hell..he lets them go.....they are doing it of their own accord because they have chosen not to accept the gift of salvation!

God doesn't send people to hell, he saves them from it

Edited by Mike 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

10 hours ago, eileenhat said:

I've seen saved people lose their souls (become unsaved prior to death) because they entered a state of sinning.

They exited from following the outline on how to remain in good graces with God, by committing acts, he deems as 'sin'.

It doesn't take that much to be push out of the blessed state into the unwashed one.  I've seen it happen in a relatively short period (a month or two).

It is something God asked me to observe (so he has given me insights).

This one person I witnessed first hand (they visited with me periodically) stopped trying to follow God's plan for their life.  They began to follow an ideology that went against God (he showed me briefly, upon request).

It was not 'in a moment' type deal.  They were given time to rectify themselves with him.  They choose not too.

We can never truly make the judgement call of whether someone is saved or not. We can look at the fruits of their spirit and make a guess, but we just cannot know

That aside check out the following;

Heb_7:27  He has no need to offer sacrifices every day like high priests do, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he sacrificed himself. 
Heb_9:12  Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with his own blood he went into the Most Holy Place once for all and secured our eternal redemption. 
Heb_9:26  Then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the creation of the world. But now, at the end of the ages, he has appeared once for all to remove sin by his sacrifice. 

1Pe_3:18  For the Messiah also suffered for sins once for all, an innocent person for the guilty, so that he could bring you to God. He was put to death in a mortal body but was brought to life by the Spirit, 

Jesus died once.....for all men- past present and future, once.....for all sin- past present and future

He died once for all. Sinning again, and again, again ....He's got you covered. That's why Paul was adamant about not abusing grace(Romans 6:1 and on) Paul knows we will sin , look at his own struggles in Romans 7. what he is saying in 6 is that all sin is taken care of....just don't abuse it

A person would have to know the works of the Holy Spirit in order to deny them. Someone ignorant of that knowledge can hardly be accountable for that.

I would suggest tho that someone unsaved like a Satanist may be aware of the works of the Holy Spirit...that might be a good discussion to get into and work that thought thru

Edited by Mike 2
incorrect reference

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

The flesh of man is destroyed because it cannot hear the Holy Spirit of God. Only the spirit of man can hear the Holy Spirit, also known as the voice of God. 

John 5:
25: "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live
26: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself, 
27: and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man. 
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice. 

The flesh will remain dead like it always has been. 

John 3:8, The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born ofthe Spirit.

Your right,  . . . . . . .  As the natural man hears the wind, so the man born again hears the voice of the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85

2 hours ago, TheEnd said:

Not even the "natural man" can hear the wind. What is heard and observed in the MIND will change soon when the deceivers have been destroyed. 

Hi TheEnd.The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

You may have misunderstood my post.

What I said was, "As a normal natural man, you, me, everyone, before conversion can hear the natural wind blowing from where ever it blows, we know its blowing but don't really know where it comes from.

So like the natural man hears the wind blowing, the man, you, me others who are born again hear the Holy Spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, all.

Before one goes off making claims about WHAT is said (or done) to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, it would first make sense to find out what one is SAYING when he says "blaspheming the Holy Spirit." 

Strong's gives these definitions:

NT:987 blasfeemeoo (blas-fay-meh'-o); from NT:989; to vilify; specially, to speak impiously:
KJV - (speak) blaspheme (-er, -mously, -my), defame, rail on, revile, speak evil.

NT:988 blasfeemia (blas-fay-me'-ah); from NT:989; vilification (especially against God):
KJV - blasphemy, evil speaking, railing.

NT:989 blasfeemos (blas'-fay-mos); from a derivative of NT:984 and NT:5345; scurrilious, i.e. calumnious (against men), or (specially) impious (against God):
KJV - blasphemer (-mous), railing.

NT:984 blaptoo (blap'-to); a primary verb; properly, to hinder, i.e. (by implication) to injure:
KJV - hurt.

NT:5345 feemee (fay'-may); from NT:5346; a saying, i.e. rumor ("fame"):
KJV - fame.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Therefore, the word "blaspheme" means "to injure [one's] fame," or "to injure [one's] reputation!"

If one looks up the definition and synonyms for "to vilify" and "vilification," one will find in Wikipedia...

"Libel" and "Slander" redirect here. For Wikipedia's policy, see Wikipedia:Libel. For other uses, see Libel (disambiguation) and Slander (disambiguation).

Defamation—also calumny, vilification, and traducement—is the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual person, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation.

Under common law, to constitute defamation, a claim must generally be false and must have been made to someone other than the person defamed. Some common law jurisdictions also distinguish between spoken defamation, called slander, and defamation in other media such as printed words or images, called libel.

False light laws protect against statements which are not technically false, but which are misleading.

In some civil law jurisdictions, defamation is treated as a crime rather than a civil wrong. The United Nations Human Rights Committee ruled in 2012 that the libel law of one country, the Philippines, was inconsistent with Article 19 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, as well as urging that "State parties [to the Covenant] should consider the decriminalization of libel".

A person who defames another may be called a "defamer", "libeler", "slanderer", or, rarely, "famacide".

In a dictionary, one will find...

vilify |ˈviləˌfī| verb (vilifies, vilifying, vilified) [with object] speak or write about in an abusively disparaging manner: he has been vilified in the press.

DERIVATIVES

vilifier |ˈviləˌfī(ə)r| noun

ORIGIN late Middle English (in the sense ‘lower in value’): from late Latin vilificare, from Latin vilis ‘of low value’ (see vile) .

So, to "blaspheme the Holy Spirit" is to "make a false claim about the Holy Spirit" or to "communicate a false statement that harms the reputation of the Holy Spirit" or to "speak or write about the Holy Spirit in an abusively disparaging manner."

We would say in the common speech, that someone is "putting down the Holy Spirit," "disrespecting (or dissing) the Holy Spirit," or "belittling the Holy Spirit!"

NOW, one can look at the Scripture verses that use the term and find out what is meant in those passages:

NT:987 (the verb form) is found 35 times in the following verses:

Matthew 9:3
3 And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth.
KJV
Matthew 26:65
65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.
KJV
Matthew 27:39
39 And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads,
KJV

Mark 3:28
28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
KJV

Mark 3:29
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
KJV

Mark 15:29
29 And they that passed by railed on him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days,
KJV

Luke 12:10
10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
KJV

Luke 22:65
65 And many other things blasphemously spake they against him.
KJV
Luke 23:39
39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
KJV

John 10:36
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
KJV

Acts 13:45
45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.
KJV
Acts 18:6
6 And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.
KJV
Acts 19:37
37 For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddess.
KJV
Acts 26:11
11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.
KJV
Romans 2:24
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
KJV
Romans 3:8
8 And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.
KJV
Romans 14:16
16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
KJV
1 Corinthians 4:13
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
KJV
1 Corinthians 10:30
30 For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks?
KJV
1 Timothy 1:20
20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.
KJV
1 Timothy 6:1
6 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.
KJV
Titus 2:5
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
KJV
Titus 3:2
2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
KJV
James 2:7
7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
KJV
1 Peter 4:4
4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:
KJV
1 Peter 4:14
14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
KJV
2 Peter 2:2
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
KJV
2 Peter 2:10
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
KJV
2 Peter 2:12
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
KJV
Jude 8
8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
KJV
Jude 10
10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
KJV
Revelation 13:6
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
KJV
Revelation 16:9
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
KJV
Revelation 16:11
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.
KJV
Revelation 16:21
21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.
KJV

NT:988 (the noun form) is found 19 times in the following verses:

Matthew 12:31
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
KJV
Matthew 12:31
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
KJV

Matthew 15:19
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
KJV

Matthew 26:65
65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.
KJV
Mark 2:7
7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
KJV

Mark 3:28
28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
KJV

Mark 7:22
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
KJV

Mark 14:64
64 Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.
KJV

Luke 5:21
21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?
KJV

John 10:33
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
KJV

Ephesians 4:31
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
KJV
Colossians 3:8
8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
KJV
1 Timothy 6:4
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
KJV
Jude 9
9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
KJV

Revelation 2:9
9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
KJV

Revelation 13:1
13 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
KJV
Revelation 13:5
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
KJV
Revelation 13:6
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
KJV
Revelation 17:3
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
KJV

OT:989 (the adjective form) is found 5 times in the following verses:

Acts 6:11
11 Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God.
KJV
Acts 6:13
13 And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law:
KJV
1 Timothy 1:13
13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
KJV
2 Timothy 3:2
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
KJV
2 Peter 2:11
11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
KJV

Now, shall we continue this discussion WITH KNOWLEDGE, please?

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

So I once said the hs is evil when I wawas mad. Is that it for me according to the bible? Or do I have to see a miracle 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

41 minutes ago, Nohope said:

So I once said the hs is evil when I wawas mad. Is that it for me according to the bible? Or do I have to see a miracle 

I am sure this has been said before, but it is worth saying again.  if you are worried about blaspheming the Holy Spirit, then you have not do so yet.  If you did, your heart will be hardened enough to not care.  Remember that Satan is trying his best to sow doubt in believers lives so they will not have faith in Christ.  Be wise to his tricks.