• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Should living in His presence as we go throughout the day be something we should attain to?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Yes it should.  We should never loose track of Him, because He will never loose track of us.  Praise Him forever!

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

16 hours ago, Albert Finch said:

Should living in His presence as we go throughout the day be something we should attain to?

Matthew 28:20 "I am with you always, even to the end of the age."  (NKJ)

Hebrews 13:5 "For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (NKJ)

It seems to me that his presence isn't something we need to attain to (as if we could do such a thing in our own strength) but rather it is a blessing that we have as Christians, after all let's not forget the Spirit dwells within all who believe (John 16:13; Rom 8:9; 11; 15; 1 Cor 3:16; 6:19; Gal 4:6; 2 Tim 1:14 to name the most obvious)

Instead of striving to attain something we already have why not actually live out the reality? Philippians 2:12-13 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;  for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.  (NKJ) let's be working out the salvation we have by grace by trusting and obeying - after all those imperatives are in our bible for a reason are they not?  

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

16 hours ago, Albert Finch said:

I see this is not a question, but a thought provoking statement to make us think. Perhaps to test the temperature of believers in this forum?

John 10:7

7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go IN and OUT, and find pasture. 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

In and Out.

Walking in the Spirit, caring for the things of God and walking in the world, taking care of worldly responsibilities .

Your concentration is split, therefore In and Out.

Obviously IN is preferential, but the more you walk IN, the easier it is to walk in the OUT.

I believe the trick is to completely do away with outwardly responsibilities if at all possible, that you may stay IN.

Peace.

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Wouldn't you say that 'walking in the Spirit' would include attending to our responsibilities?

If anyone does not take care of his own relatives, especially his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. 
(1Ti 5:8)

A religion that is pure and stainless according to God the Father is this: to take care of orphans and widows who are suffering, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. 
(Jas 1:27)

Luke 14:26  If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 8:21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. 22But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

1 Corinthians 7:8  I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. 9But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. (with lust)

Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

What shall we do?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Since the moment we first came to Christ, there has been an updraft of the Holy Spirit, a constant drawing from God lifting us upward toward the fullness of His Presence. Lets surrender to this wind of God and allow Him to carry us into our holy earthly future (God's purpose for our life).

Every believer in Christ Jesus can live in the perpetual continuous flow of the Holy Spirit daily in their life, for we've all been given the blessing and authority to tap into the root of continuous oil. That root is Jesus! 

"You, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them become a partaker of the root and of the fatness of the olive tree." - Romans 11:17

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

53 minutes ago, Yowm said:

'Updraft, flow' of the Holy Spirit? I thought He was a person.

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 
(2Co 3:18)

God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.  

I think serving our God to be the highest form of existence, yet we bring ourselves down by piling cares upon our lives that we shouldnt and end up possibly missing out on a more fulfilling path.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

11 hours ago, Albert Finch said:

Since the moment we first came to Christ, there has been an updraft of the Holy Spirit, a constant drawing from God lifting us upward toward the fullness of His Presence. Lets surrender to this wind of God and allow Him to carry us into our holy earthly future (God's purpose for our life).

Every believer in Christ Jesus can live in the perpetual continuous flow of the Holy Spirit daily in their life, for we've all been given the blessing and authority to tap into the root of continuous oil. That root is Jesus! 

"You, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them become a partaker of the root and of the fatness of the olive tree." - Romans 11:17

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY

So it's let go and let God - I wonder why the Bible (including the New Testament) is so packed full of things we should be doing then?