• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/30/1978

I have a question about a preacher that my uncle is watching on tv lately, I've been working a lot and haven't had time to check him out for myself. His name is Jerry Dirmann. Does anyone watch him? Is he any good? I'm just worried about my uncle getting caught up in some false teachings, he's elderly and vulnerable. Any feedback is much appreciated!

Okay never mind, I just really needed help because I usually don't have access to the internet to look up the information myself but I found time at work to do it and I have tested the spirits and this guy is not from the Lord. :( I have to let my uncle know to stop watching him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

7 minutes ago, LovelyJoni said:

Okay never mind, I just really needed help because I usually don't have access to the internet to look up the information myself but I found time at work to do it and I have tested the spirits and this guy is not from the Lord. :( I have to let my uncle know to stop watching him.

I like him very much.  I have never heard anything coming out of him that is false.  To make such a judgement is not fair.  You need to listen to him for yourself.  

Blessings RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

He is not on the false teachers list so that is a good thing. :)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 7/27/2016 at 7:28 PM, LovelyJoni said:

I have a question about a preacher that my uncle is watching on tv lately, I've been working a lot and haven't had time to check him out for myself. His name is Jerry Dirmann.

I checked out his website.  He appears to be a charismatic pastor with a Four Square Church background, who includes his wife as pastor also (not scriptural). There is a lot which sounds good, but there is NO Statement of Faith, and it would appear that he is involved with Word of Faith teachings.  I would be wary, and request a Statement of Faith.

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

I checked out his website.  He appears to be a charismatic pastor with a Four Square Church background, who includes his wife as pastor also (not scriptural). There is a lot which sounds good, but there is NO Statement of Faith, and it would appear that he is involved with Word of Faith teachings.  I would be wary, and request a Statement of Faith.

I think that is what I discovered. I am not into the Charismatic movement at all. It is quite popular among the Churches today.

RustyAngel I did listen for myself, I downloaded a podcast last night at work, I brought it home and listened to it and I felt it was the same kind of spirit I felt when I read the jesus is calling devotional. His teachings come from a seductive spirit that is NOT from the Lord. It's very deceptive, please pray to the Lord before you continue listening to this or any charismatic preachers. You are NOT hearing from the Lord while listening to this man. The truth is walking with the Lord is a tough walk through all kinds of adversity that the Lord uses to grow you up. It's not the rainbows and gummy bears this guy describes. A lot of people are claiming to know and serve Jesus but a lot of times (and in the case of Jerry Dirmann) it's not my Jesus. Please be careful to everyone in these last days.

Love,

Joni

22 minutes ago, LovelyJoni said:

RustyAngel I did listen for myself, I downloaded a podcast last night at work, I brought it home and listened to it and I felt it was the same kind of spirit I felt when I read the jesus is calling devotional. His teachings come from a seductive spirit that is NOT from the Lord. It's very deceptive, please pray to the Lord before you continue listening to this or any charismatic preachers. You are NOT hearing from the Lord while listening to this man. The truth is walking with the Lord is a tough walk through all kinds of adversity that the Lord uses to grow you up. It's not the rainbows and gummy bears this guy describes. A lot of people are claiming to know and serve Jesus but a lot of times (and in the case of Jerry Dirmann) it's not my Jesus. Please be careful to everyone in these last days.

Love,

Joni

We certainly have to have our armor on at all times. Our discernment needs to be on alert continuously.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:28 PM, LovelyJoni said:

I have a question about a preacher that my uncle is watching on tv lately, I've been working a lot and haven't had time to check him out for myself. His name is Jerry Dirmann. Does anyone watch him? Is he any good? I'm just worried about my uncle getting caught up in some false teachings, he's elderly and vulnerable. Any feedback is much appreciated!

If you don't know anything about him I would suggest watching a few of his shows for yourself to see if what he preaches stands up to biblical scrutiny.

1 hour ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

If you don't know anything about him I would suggest watching a few of his shows for yourself to see if what he preaches stands up to biblical scrutiny.

If you read my previous post that is exactly what I did. I downloaded the podcasts and tested the spirits and he is not a man of God, he is part of the word of faith movement which claims they have a word from God but they only have a word from seducing spirits posing as God.