• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hey everyone I have a question?

As we know, homosexuality is a sin in the bible. The question I have is this.

Why are Christians forced to accept it when we know the truth and how it is a sin?

Feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by ChristianGirl7770

Guest Robert
4 hours ago, ChristianGirl7770 said:

Why are Christians forced to accept it when we know the truth and how it is a sin?

I understand your question: you're wondering why when Christians know it's wrong, the world is yet still trying to force us accept homosexuality as "legitimate"

Scripture has this to say about it, and it's not just homosexuality but all sin:

"Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries. In all this, they are surprised that you do not run with them into the same excesses of dissipation, and they malign you; but they will give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God." (1 Peter 4:1-4, NASB, emphasis mine)

I think this says it all really.

Edited by RobertS

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

7 hours ago, ChristianGirl7770 said:

For approximately the last 20 years, the small homosexual minority has been deliberately pushing their agenda for not only acceptance but a revolution in society.  The politicians have been playing along with this lobby and catering to it.  Christians are being forced to accept it also, but they don't have to. Here's a good article on this insidious agenda.

http://www.massresistance.org/docs/gen/08a/barber_gayagenda.html

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, ChristianGirl7770 said:

Well, no one can really force to accept anything against your will.  We are being forced to accommodate it and at least "publicly" accept it.  I will do neither.   I will not accommodate homosexuality because it doesn't deserve accommodation.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Christiangirl

Welcome to Worthy......glad you are here,Praise Jesus! 

Well,you got some pretty good feedback here,imo.....I do agree with all our Brothers & Sisters.The thing is ,dear one,you don't ever have to accept anything that you know,that you know,that you know-opposes Gods Will for us,for His Creation.......stand firm on the Word of God and don't worry about what anyone thinks of you...

King James Bible
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.    Gal 1:10

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Its not exactly a biblical answer, but. . .the reason people want Christians to except sinful practices and say they are ok, is so that they have an excuse to do them without feeling the guilt. As the saying goes. . . misery loves company.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

We don't have to think sin is good or right in any way.  We have become a hedonistic society.  So as Christians we fight against the currents of sin.  We dance to a different tune, so to speak, and we may be persecuted and discriminated against for doing so.  

I can love and really enjoy gay people without condoning what they do.  Some are not so likable.  But they still deserve God's compassionate love.  For while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.  But I can't go against my conscience and condone what I know is wrong or encourage it in any way.   However, if they call themselves Christians and persevere in habitual sins, I should have nothing to do with them after they have been given time to come to repentance.                                                                                    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,865
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 7/28/2016 at 7:51 PM, ChristianGirl7770 said:

because we live in a secular country that gives everyone the liberty to believe and do what they will that is not against the law...     a few people who have garnered much power in this country have stacked the Supreme Court to the point of deciding that homosexually is legal and we can not discriminate against them....        Simple as that.         It is the price we pay for personal liberty...

I might add that I do not accept it, but I do follow our laws and leave those who participate in that lifestyle to the lord to deal with.  

• 10 months later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Bringing up a nearly year old topic...

Dr. Chuck Missler pointed out the sins of humanity are also indications of how far we've devolved based on which sins are acceptable by and large.

They are in effect a meter of how well or poorly we are doing.

It begins in increments. Tiny, innocuous little compromises and easily covered choices to do or not do what we ought...

Then we embrace humanism and the magnanimous (fair play / level playing field) mentality...

And the old ways of sanctification (be ye separate) are condemned as judgmental and hate... 

And we are up to our eyeballs in the cesspool civilization has become wondering how on earth we got here.

IMUOE (in my understanding of events) the Body of Christ has been too lenient or too harsh on sins like homosexuality. Never the balance which we are called to in the Bible (to EVERYone an answer the reason for the hope that lies within you with gentleness and respect).

Homosexuals need Jesus the same way adulterers do, the same way divorcees do, the same way you and I do.

But because we've rammed the Old Testament Law down their throats for so long they are antagonistic towards New Testament Grace.

So very sad.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/28/2016 at 7:51 PM, ChristianGirl7770 said:

God hates divorce.

Yet how many of us have been divorced, married a divorcee, have parents or children who are divorced (sometimes many times over).

Yet we accept them / us.

Why?