Kelby

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

When the Lord creates the new Heaven and new Earth, how many do you think will inhabit it?

Matthew 7:14 KJV
[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 22:14 KJV
[14] For many are called, but few are chosen.

Leads me to question what the Lord means by "few". Billions? Taking into account all that have lived I would hope many more than that. I know the verses mentioned weren't intended to discourage, but when I read them, I can't help but feel like I'm going to miss out. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I believe that the new heaven and the new earth comes after the 1000 year millennium. I do not know how many Christians will inhibit it. Those who come into the 1000 year millennium after the tribulation will be Christians but they will rebel against God at the end and fight with Satan against God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Kelby said:

I know the verses mentioned weren't intended to discourage, but when I read them, I can't help but feel like I'm going to miss out. 

Since no man can number the ones who are saved, just focus on your own salvation.  The Lord Jesus Christ is our salvation, and when you receive Him as your Lord and Savior, then you are saved. (See Romans 10).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, Kelby said:

When the Lord creates the new Heaven and new Earth, how many do you think will inhabit it?

Matthew 7:14 KJV
[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 22:14 KJV
[14] For many are called, but few are chosen.

Leads me to question what the Lord means by "few". Billions? Taking into account all that have lived I would hope many more than that. I know the verses mentioned weren't intended to discourage, but when I read them, I can't help but feel like I'm going to miss out. 

I have no idea.  Who so ever calls upon the Name of the Lord.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 
(Rev 7:9)

At least that many. :)

I think that answers the question very well - more then you or I can count! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

HI Kelby - Your post concerns a highly significant issue, which should be more of an an incentive to the believer to reach out to the unsaved. In view of Matthew 7:13, 14, however many the actual number will be of the saved, it's certain that those perishing will be much more. Hence the reason why earth's history has chronicled that the majority of all civilizations have evinced their unbelief of God.

I believe it is not inaccurate to conceive God foreknew of this antecedent to creation and that He knew the worth (Luke 15:7, 10) of those choosing to receive the desire to believe (John 6:44).

Blessings!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

You have to balance what Jesus said about the strait gate with other statements like "many shall come from the east and the west and sit at table with Abe Ike and Jake"

....the multitude that no man could number

Was the Lord even speaking about salvation? Peter said "Lord will few be saved?" it is like when Peter looked at John and said "Lord what about this man?" Jesus said "never mind about that, that is not your business, YOU follow Me"

So when  Peter aksed if few be saved He says "YOU seek to enter in at the strait gate"

Wow look at that !!

If we will seek to enter in at the strait gate friends we will be in the place where God can use us, like He used Billy Graham, Corrie ten Boom and others

Many folks saved but they still in the broad road, still in the world and God cain't use them....but they are saved, thank God for that

Ma

I believe Jesus was speaking in a comparative sense, that upon the completion of the Millennium (end of this life) the number of those who will be saved will be few in comparison to those who will perish. Knowing this can aid in keeping us from being discouraged in spite of the numbers.

Edited by Word-Sword

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

If you believe in the Millennium age [and I do] then there will be a new heavens and a new earth...if we's destined for heaven [and we are] then who all will inherit the earth?

1 hour ago, TehMill said:

If you believe in the Millennium age [and I do] then there will be a new heavens and a new earth...if we's destined for heaven [and we are] then who all will inherit the earth?

I believe it will be the remaining Jews who believe in God but not Jesus--who will believe in Jesus when He returns, and this is when I believe that the Eze 36/Jer 31 prophecies occur.