• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/29/1953

11 hours ago, TehMill said:

You can read these scriptures with a different mind, if your mind is that just a few shrivelled souls will be saved then yes these scriptures will seem to back up this belief. I believe for MANY, I believe for the multitude of saved which no man could number, the present population of the world can be numbered.

Jesus said MANY will come from the east and from the west and sit with Abe, Ike and Jake in the kingdom of Heaven.

See Peter aksed the question "Lord will there be few that shall be saved?"

I don't think He answers that question, I think He says "that is not the question" the real question is "will YOU strive to enter in at the strait gate?" it is only among those few who do so strive that we find the great soulwinners...but boy when they ARE entered they do win souls aplenty.

See how Romans say concerning Israel "if the Lord had not left us a seed [remnant] w would have fared as Sodom and been made like unto Gomorrah"

But Israel did NOT fare as Sodom nor made as Gomorrah....the remnant saved the whole...as with Elijah with his 7,000 who had not bowed the knee or kissed baal...they turned the whole nation back to Jahweh.

See in every generation are those multitudes to be saved, the fields are white unto harvest my friend ...but where are the reapers?

God does not change, people are changeable but they always were, if multitudes of people could be saved in any age then they can be saved in every age.

Perhaps you should have looked up the definition of "Remnant"

Full Definition of remnant

1. 1 a :  a usually small part, member, or trace remaining

2. b :  a small surviving group —often used in plural

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,541
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus did say few will enter. So I take him at his word. If we enter by his grace we should be thankful.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Bill S said:

So you believe that there are no angels, seraphim and cherubim in heaven?

There are none who have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb and made them white...only the redeemed will do this

10 hours ago, Bill S said:

Perhaps you should have looked up the definition of "Remnant"

Full Definition of remnant

1. 1 a :  a usually small part, member, or trace remaining

2. b :  a small surviving group —often used in plural

Slower

The Remnant Paul referred to and Isaiah were those in Elijah's day, the 7000 who did not bow the knee to ball or kiss him....they under Jehu turned the WHOLE nation back to Jahweh

7 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Jesus did say few will enter. So I take him at his word. If we enter by his grace we should be thankful.

I think many Christians who ARE saved ... praise to God ... but do not go aright after, they seem never to really enter into the things of God.

This is not a put down really for I think God has designed it so....there are many, many sheeps but few  shepherds. Now sheeps are each one precious, they are the cause of everything, they are the reason for our great salvation, why Jesus came. Yes and I'm one....but their are few true leaders

But those leaders [say Spurgeon or Wesley] lead the whole flock in the narrow road which leads to life

8 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

.He did say MANY why not take Him at that word, many will sit at table in the kingdom of heaven with Abe Ike and Jake

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/29/1953

39 minutes ago, TehMill said:

Slower

The Remnant Paul referred to and Isaiah were those in Elijah's day, the 7000 who did not bow the knee to ball or kiss him....they under Jehu turned the WHOLE nation back to Jahweh

So again you read things into the bible that just aren't said and you'll start a silly argument over it. How does your opinion change what I said about the few and the remnant? BTW you bought up the "'remnant" as a defense for your supposed point.

Edited by Bill S

Do you think when you read, it was you who brought up the remnant

Isaiah said if God had not left us a remnant we would have fared as Sodom and been as Gomorrah

The point is there that they were NOT as Sodom and Gomorrah...the remnant made the difference, again the remnant are those 7000 in the story of Elijah...they turned the WHOLE nation back to God

You [because you don't think when you read] see REMNANT and say "ah there will only be a few then" but I just showed you that those few turned the whole nation back to God.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Rev 7:9  After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 

The word remnant, although it means a few -- a remnant of billions -- would still be millions. :)

Eee I can't away with it

Christians are so willing that billions and billions of precious human souls will be in hell, I believe in the WIDER MERCY and I am armed with a whole truckload of substantial scripture proof to back it up.

I believe in hell, eternal punishment

But I do not believe the most will be there, I can preach hellfire to the wicked without apology for if people object I say then stop being wicked, people KNOW if they are wicked....actually they admit themselves that they deserve hell. But it is not my call to look at anyone and say "you are going to hell" would you have said it to Paul?

He heard the gospel, he saw the miracles Stephen did, heard his Holy Ghost wisdom...saw his face light up as an angel. Yet still he was with them who stoned Stephen, but God had mercy.

Listen, if you believe in the Millennial age you MUST believe in the wider mercy WHY?

Because the final resurrection and judgement takes place AFTER the church has been raptured [so shall we ever be with the Lord] AFTER we have reigned for 1,000 years with Christ....so the last judgement CANNOT be the church versus the sinners, the sheep versus the goats.

Those sheep who did recieve an inheritance can by no means be the church....so we have the church who are saved, we the righteous sheep who do recieve an inheritance, and we have the goats.

God is always 3 not 2 it was a third of the angels who fell so I expect that it will be a third of mankind too.