tigger398

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

As soon as I left school I decided that I wanted a beautiful house and all the trimmings, cars, a boat, lots of cash, a family and a long happy life. That was even before I was born again.

After 50 years of hard, physical work,  in Australia's coal mines, ((No one gave me anything, not one thing), I have everything plus more than I ever dreamed of, and retired.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

If there is anything in your world that you have to have no matter what......

"no matter what"..

then that is the problem.

See, you cant live free from want, as we are designed to have desires, and its not desires that create chaos in our lives but rather its wrong desires that create the issues.

The Buddha taught that "to be free from want is peace", and that is true, however the only way that will ever happen is if you are dead.:)

So, check your desires and  keep them in moderation, and make certain that you are not pursuing anything that you would be ashamed for God to find out about...(as He already knows....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

The word love has been misused for some time. I love my car, plane, computer, boat and the list goes on. Why not say that you like these things and love God?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 7/30/2016 at 4:46 PM, HAZARD said:

As soon as I left school I decided that I wanted a beautiful house and all the trimmings, cars, a boat, lots of cash, a family and a long happy life. That was even before I was born again.

After 50 years of hard, physical work,  in Australia's coal mines, ((No one gave me anything, not one thing), I have everything plus more than I ever dreamed of, and retired.

Just let Jesus look down here and say, "Hey Hazard come up here."    and see how fast everything here gets a back turned to them....   I just hope he calls me too.    BTW our histories are pretty much the same....  except I was a service engineer with Xerox 38 of those 50 years.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Well Idolatry is putting something first besides God and worshipping it. If you go on your knees before your computer and you pray to the computer and ask it to fulfill your dreams then its Idolatry... But if you simply are excidet and wanna have a computer its not Idolatry :)