IGNORED

How do you deal with your natural urges?

fantasymay

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/20/1973

Everyone has them, so if sex is only between a husband and wife then what do the rest of the people do.

"Suppression creates the worst variables"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think you should read that from the Bible itself.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

12 hours ago, fantasymay said:

Everyone has them, so if sex is only between a husband and wife then what do the rest of the people do.

People use self-control. People are expected (by God) not to engage in behaviors forbidden by Him. It is not just matters between genders, but gluttony, theivery, lying, etc. If God does not have the right  to expect people to behave in spite of their urges, then there are hundreds of other behaviors, not just sexual sin, for people to repent of.

Is it difficult? Sure, it can be, impossible, not at all. Can a single person resist temptation for one day? If so, they can do so everyday. It is not complicated, it just requires obedience, and loving God more than we love our idolotries.

There is no temptation that is not common, that God will not give a believer a way to resist.

1 Cor 10:13

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Natural urges? lol.....I suppose for the carnal minded but you can focus on whatever you choose to......I focus on Christ ,I desire to be nearer Him,to feed my spirit not my flesh..... & as a single person in Christ Jesus it was of no consequence(as for the "rest of the people" I bet they have a hard time with everything their flesh lusts for or desires)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

A cold shower works well, and try to stay focused

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

On 7/31/2016 at 6:45 AM, fantasymay said:

As long as you make exceptions and excuses for them,  they just become sex.  Pleasure is temporary love is forever.   Let me ask you?   Because "everyone foe it"  does it mean it's acceptable to God.   You have to determine if your love for God is more important than your minutes of Sexual gratification.   Sex may not deny you passage ti Heaven but are you really sure about that.   What if zgod is dealing with you right now to abstained from sex because he know you're about to make the biggest mistake of your life....... Or cause your death?   It's happened be!   You wouldn't be the first.... 

Finally,  it would probably astound you if you knew just how many Christian children out there Are in fact,  abstaining from sex or other sins by their sheer strength and live for God.  . Y first sex was at 19...i was married at 19!   Yes,  and I've always known and enjoyed  the personal and special relationship with God.   Also,  knowing that the rewards are greater for those who obey God's commands and callings have to be even greater as we are told that there are different levels even in Heaven.   God Bless 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 7/31/2016 at 6:45 AM, fantasymay said:

:sherlock:

But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. 1 Corinthians 7:9

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

know that it is just the imaginings of the mind, it never delivers on the expectation....you could be achieving something worthwhile instead

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/31/1988

On 01 August 2016 at 1:56 AM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

People use self-control. People are expected (by God) not to engage in behaviors forbidden by Him. It is not just matters between genders, but gluttony, theivery, lying, etc. If God does not have the right  to expect people to behave in spite of their urges, then there are hundreds of other behaviors, not just sexual sin, for people to repent of.

Is it difficult? Sure, it can be, impossible, not at all. Can a single person resist temptation for one day? If so, they can do so everyday. It is not complicated, it just requires obedience, and loving God more than we love our idolotries.

There is no temptation that is not common, that God will not give a believer a way to resist.

1 Cor 10:13

hey, so it means that if youre urges, can i  put it like that, are strong and you give in to them easily,  then that  means  your relationship with God are lacking in some aspects. Anyway Gods says for His strength is made perfect in our  weakness, so all we have to do is let Him take control of our lifes, in other words to trust Him in all aspects..